• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT| Want to hang out and waste your night with us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxus

Seriously though. How stupid is Holland. No wonder they don't have any money. They use several robots to trap one old lady.

Seriously though. How stupid is Holland. No wonder they don't have any money. They use several robots to trap one old lady.

Lol. So true. He could had someone competent on the other side of the door instead of Moondoggy and saved a shit ton of money on giant robot gas.

shinji would've said no instead of going along with the bullshit then contemplating after the fact like betaboy renton

true and then Gendo would be all like " Like I give a fuck". and guilt his ass into doing it....or forcing him to do it.

Basically Gendo gave no fucks.

yami4ct

I think a large part of the beginning of the show is to demonstrate that Gekko State is incompetent. It's about breaking down the image of them that Renton came in with.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Sorry for being late beautiful friends. Of course the only little bit I miss is the night of an entire schedule reboot.

I'll catch Casshern on Funi Elite.

I think a large part of the beginning of the show is to demonstrate that Gekko State is incompetent. It's about breaking down the image of them that Renton came in with.

Yeah that's pretty cool.

Holland seemed like an awesome guy and is getting showed to not be so awesome at all.

I joke but I am enjoying this.

Renton is still free tho.

yami4ct

Yeah that's pretty cool.

Holland seemed like an awesome guy and is getting showed to not be so awesome at all.

I joke but I am enjoying this.

Renton is still free tho.

E7 tries harder than a lot of mecha shows out there. It at least attempts to break down some tropes. In most shows, GekkoState would be awesome from the beginning and always remain awesome throughout.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Ok so they pulled the bait and switch....you couldn't say this earlier why?

Holland not explaining shit in a timely manner is kind of a running theme for pretty much the entire first half of the series.

More importantly, there's a ton of information that explains a lot of what's ACTUALLY going on here that you're not going to be privy to for a long long time.

Oh, hey, they finally stopped shoving the next episode preview in there before the ED.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Holland not explaining shit in a timely manner is kind of a running theme for pretty much the entire first half of the series.

More importantly, there's a ton of information that explains a lot of what's ACTUALLY going on here that you're not going to be privy to for a long long time.

Yea I know, I just like to complain about sky hippies.

yami4ct

Oh, hey, they finally stopped shoving the next episode preview in there.

Yeah, I think not giving the GekkoState backstory until so late is a big mistake this show makes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom