• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT| Want to hang out and waste your night with us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Wtf at Kubo cutting EVERYONE'S arm off.

Downfall of Bleach showed how many times he's done it.

Seda

I actually don't hate Soi Fon. At least she doesn't spout nonsense and seems to think mostly rationally and logically.

This is shonen done awfully. Good shone like FMA B doesn't do this. DBZ wasn't even this bad.

YYH never did this shit, had better pacing and better everything...

OH LOOK! Kubo copied that character from Berserk...now all we need is for Guts to show up and this will be watchable...

Bleach obviously does it to the extreme but they all do it.

Yusuke just explained his moves with swag and oneliners.

Bleach litterally explains...EVERYTHING.

It is done so the audience can get whats going on but you gotta do it with some style and not just "Hey this is the move I did and here is what it does yo".

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Bleach obviously does it to the extreme but they all do it.

Yusuke just explained his moves with swag and oneliners.

Bleach litterally explains...EVERYTHING.

It is done so the audience can get whats going on but you gotta do it with some style and not just "Hey this is the move I did and here is what it does yo".

Well yea but Yusuke had SO much swag when he told the guy how fucked they were that no one really cared, plus the one liners were great...god I miss that show. So much more swag than any show on this line up...

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I looked up who the voice of Fatty is. It's Lex Lang, the voice of Goemon from Lupin III and Kenshiro from Fist of the North Star. Must be awful direction he's been given for Fatty.

Astral

I actually don't hate Soi Fon. At least she doesn't spout nonsense and seems to think mostly rationally and logically.

You can't hate Soi Fon. She just gets shit done. No bullshit (except for that one fight with the tiger guy where she kept eating shit just to see what he can do).

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Barrigan's power is fun. Would be truly frightening to fight.

Soi Fon, Yoruichi will never love a 1 armed wonder! :/

Samurai Time!

BatDan

Just hold out until Casshern and Sym-Bionic Titan. I'll watch Titan to the end just to see the reactions here on GAF.

Well yea but Yusuke had SO much swag when he told the guy how fucked they were that no one really cared, plus the one liners were great...god I miss that show. So much more swag than any show on this line up...

Yep.

also to be fair with Bleach, Viz dubbed it waaay too serious and dry (even the joke parts fall flat). Funimation does everything and what not but their dubs tend to add some flavor. Naruto suffered from the same shit (and Naruto's voice being really annoying)

YYH dubs is so great due to it's one-liners which was added by Funimation (IIRC).

BatDan

Yep.

also to be fair with Bleach, Viz dubbed it waaay too serious and dry (even the joke parts fall flat). Funimation does everything and what not but their dubs tend to add some flavor. Naruto suffered from the same shit (and Naruto's voice being really annoying)

YYH dubs is so great due to it's one-liners which was added by Funimation (IIRC).

Funimation actually makes stuff fun. They add personality, their own translation. Viz gets too literal and can get boring.
Granted, Funimation did their hardest to save Samurai 7 here, but it's not their fault.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Samurai Seven is just a bad anime. Also, say what you will about Bleach, but the animation was never seriously hideous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom