• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT2| Time to Push the Button

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Adorbs!

tumblr_m3bthffukT1r6eublo1_500.jpg

Adorbs!

144baf859e9936e29d8cdd317dba28e36592887c.jpg

Azure J

I don't know about you all, but getting congratulated by the personification of the universe/existence itself is the best accolade any character could get don't you think?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Only reason it worked is because Ed and Al's souls became slightly entangled when they performed human transmutation together. Allowed Ed to use Al's portal to return even while destroying his own.

I more meant it's lame that the alchemy gate is given the same level of "worth" as a human life, and can basically be used as a free pass to get anything you want.

Also, it's hard to believe no alchemist had previously come up with that "solution."

Seda

I can't hold all these feels.

I more meant it's lame that the alchemy gate is given the same level of "worth" as a human life, and can basically be used as a free pass to get anything you want.

Also, it's hard to believe no alchemist had previously come up with that "solution."

Nobody else could have done that though UNLESS their souls were intertwined in a manner similar to Ed and AL

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

But it is, isn't it? It's essentially a "soul." It's also a one time only thing, and it's the kind of thing that Edward could only realize at the end of his journey after having gone through everything he did.

Makes sense to me.

Jintor

Eh, in a universe where everybody has the gate, it's not so unbelievable.

It's not that the Gate is equal to a human life or anything, it's just Ed demonstrating what he's willing to sacrifice and what he's learned, which Truth considers the "correct" response. It's not as though any chump can get whatever they want by sacrificing their Gate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom