• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT3| Sleep is for the Week

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is that ThunderCats wanted to be serialized like Avatar: TLA, but it also wanted to keep elements of the 80's show. They couldn't pick one so they tried to mesh them together, ending in a mess of a show that couldn't develop characters and meandered for most of the second half.

you can have character development without being serialized, though. if the writers thought people would skip an episode and get angry when they question why Tygra was no longer an asshole, they're idiots.

Seda

I still think they should have decided to put IGPX in this slot for the 3 weeks before One Piece, rather than having to sit through Thundercats.

.....is it just me, or do they just kinda forget about Snarf as the series goes on?

Seda said:
I still think they should have decided to put IGPX in this slot for the 3 weeks before One Piece, rather than having to sit through Thundercats.

well, it's so IGPX's timeslot does not move at all. they probably think it'll have a better chance of retaining an audience that way.

Hey stuck out of state so no TOONAMI tonight for me (unless I can get this laptop to stop BSOD'ing). Did I miss anything tonight?
soul_eater___excalibur_campaign_poster_by_gnarlycat-d5a8fpo.jpg

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
WOULD YOU LIKE TO HEAR THE LEGEND OF ME?

Good ol' satellite TV means the hotel here gets Adult Swim (and I've got wifi here). I only saw the second half of that Soul Eater episode. Excalibur is amazing, though.

Anyway, off to bed. Behave yourselves!

Seda

WOULD YOU LIKE TO HEAR THE LEGEND OF ME?

Good ol' satellite TV means the hotel here gets Adult Swim (and I've got wifi here). I only saw the second half of that Soul Eater episode. Excalibur is amazing, though.

Anyway, off to bed. Behave yourselves!

miss u

I remembered when Thundercats was being hyped up on CN. Then they stopped promoting it and kept changing the schedule. CN doesn't give a shit about action shows after the first 3 episodes.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I remembered when Thundercats was being hyped up on CN. Then they stopped promoting it and kept changing the schedule. CN doesn't give a shit about action shows after the first 3 episodes.

"Too serious! It needs more wacky! Look at Adventure Time and do that!"
"But sir, Adventure Time is actually developing story arcs, a massive mythos and even a multiverse."
"You're fired! More waaacky! Look on YouTube for stuff like The Annoying Orange!"

Jintor

"Too serious! It needs more wacky! Look at Adventure Time and do that!"
"But sir, Adventure Time is actually developing story arcs, a massive mythos and even a multiverse."
"You're fired! More waaacky! Look on YouTube for stuff like The Annoying Orange!"

I am actually amazed that Adventure Time has some crazy good arcs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom