• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT4| Set Sail for One Piece!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LycanXIII

Posting again. Black Star trending WORLD WIDE as usual.
BLK1LFoCMAAjYgV.png

Also, Patty's voice actress was live tweeting.
@CheramiLeigh

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
There's no tension, no conflict. Any conflict presented is resolved instantly.
The music also doesn't help, completely missing the mood in every spot. Look at One Piece and Soul Eater, the music in those shows work amazingly.

It is nice to groove to though.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Why is it that IGPX is boring?

Dunno if this is actually the case but I always felt it was the brainchild of some western otaku guy who liked a lot of anime and finally got to make one of his own. I mean, the concept is good (if a bit tried and true), but the characters and writing leave a lot to be desired. Also, he got his friend to score the whole thing even though the guy can only make really somber beats which have very limited use in an action show.

Amikami

Banned
I am not even joking, IGPX lost abut FOUR HUNDRED THOUSAND VIEWERS LAST WEEK!

Ouch. Yeah I saw those ratings. I could swear there was a lot of positive feeling when IGPX was announced to come to Toonami. Like people were looking forward to re-watching it. Does it get better later or something, cause I'm not feeling the hype at all.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Maybe if this show was actually about giant robots racing instead of bland high school students doing nothing this show would not be boring.

Order

Ouch. Yeah I saw those ratings. I could swear there was a lot of positive feeling when IGPX was announced to come to Toonami. Like people were looking forward to re-watching it. Does it get better later or something, cause I'm not feeling the hype at all.
Toonami Promo magic tricked us again.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
It is nice to groove to though.

Yeah, it's good for when you're listening to it on its own, but as part of the soundtrack to a show about racing giant robots, it doesn't work at all.
It needs something like the orchestral scores of Gundam or the rock anthems of Megas XLR.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Why the fuck do you have him on the team if you don't think you can do shit with him in the lineup?

How is that possible? Did GXP do that badly?

Bleach - 977,000
Naruto - 961,000
One Piece - 995,000
Soul Eater - 981,000
IGPX - 597,000 (yes, you read that right)
Eureka seveN - 634,000
Thundercats - 634,000
Sym-Bionic Titan - 558,000
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 563,000
Cowboy Bebop - 493,000
Inuyasha - 546,000
Inuyasha - 560,000

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Why was there so much interest in IGPX beforehand? Simple, it looked cool and had Peter Cullen narrating everything, nobody had actually watched the actual show.

Amikami

Banned
Oh shit, man, that is not how you go about things. Isn't she responsible for the team in the first place. Her grandfather's dream or something.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ

I heard it gets slightly better in the middle but then peters out again.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Why the fuck do you have him on the team if you don't think you can do shit with him in the lineup?

Bleach - 977,000
Naruto - 961,000
One Piece - 995,000
Soul Eater - 981,000
IGPX - 597,000 (yes, you read that right)
Eureka seveN - 634,000
Thundercats - 634,000
Sym-Bionic Titan - 558,000
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 563,000
Cowboy Bebop - 493,000
Inuyasha - 546,000
Inuyasha - 560,000

At least E7 can't be blamed for ratings drops anymore. Now, it actually brings viewers back!

LycanXIII

Redo the line-up Toonami.
12:00 Bleach (because it HAS to be there for some reason)
12:30 One Piece (at least when it gets out of filler)
1:00 Soul Eater
1:30 Naruto (Is it really even "uncut?")
2:00-6:00 Who cares.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom