• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT5| If we die in this thread, we die in real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

Stopping Dewey from eradicating the Scub Coral and preventing the Limit of Questions aren't clear goals?

It will ramp up for sure, I remember the beach thing being a slight lull before the final final stuff. Six eps is plenty but it does move quick.

Six episodes is definitely a lot of screen time left. By goal I meant what Renton and Eureka are doing. Even they were talking about they don't know how to proceed. The ultimate goal is clear, yes, but how they are going to achieve it is still a mystery.

I feel that a rewatch of Eureka 7 is worthwhile, due to how everything is revealed to the viewer and how much you don't know the first time through. I'll have to consider it, but not sure if I'll have time.

I still don't know what to feel about the show. I don't dislike it, and I'm geniunely interested in seeing what happens. My comment about how this doesn't feel like we're getting close to the end was meant to be innocuous, more of a thought on my mind than an issue I had of the show.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Don't know what is more infuriating: the children on E7 or the asspull of the century that is Cheetarah being in love with Tygra.

Honestly, it wasn't *that* much of an asspull, but the clear misdirection in the entire series leading up to it was just dick move for no real reason other than possibly outright character assassination.

Honestly, it wasn't *that* much of an asspull, but the clear misdirection in the entire series leading up to it was just dick move for no real reason other than possibly outright character assassination.

"clear misdirection in the entire series" pretty much makes it a complete asspull....

It more pisses me off how badly they ruined all characterizations in this show except mumra and snarf...which is amazing considering there wasn't really much to the characters in the original to begin with, they honestly had a wide empty canvas and went with garbage all around.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
"clear misdirection in the entire series" pretty much makes it a complete asspull....

I consider an asspull more coming out of nowhere. They did set up Tygra/Cheatarah with the flashbacks this ep. It's more like it was completely muddled as to which one they wanted her to end up with and at the last minute chose Tygra. More of a dickpull than anything.

I consider an asspull more coming out of nowhere. They did set up Tygra/Cheatarah with the flashbacks this ep. It's more like it was completely muddled as to which one they wanted her to end up with and at the last minute chose Tygra. More of a dickpull than anything.

Well it then becomes a question of when did the "asspull" begin, lazily setting up backstory at the last minute can be considered equally an "asspull" and out of nowhere as the end result.

the flashbacks do very little to lessen the blow. it might as well be out of nowhere. there's NOTHING before this. it can't even be called a love triangle.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Well it then becomes a question of when did the "asspull" begin, lazily setting up backstory at the last minute can be considered equally an "asspull" and out of nowhere as the end result.

the flashbacks do very little to lessen the blow. it might as well be out of nowhere. there's NOTHING before this. it can't even be called a love triangle.

Yeah, you know what, this show isn't even worth defending. I agree. Flashbacks in the ep before is just incredibly lazy.

3p4zw7.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom