• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT6| Where there's no such thing as filler

Status
Not open for further replies.

789shadow

Banned
Zoro not even a question
tumblr_mszl57AOVY1sh1nmzo1_1280.png

Azure J

Medusa is exceedingly possessive.

I don't understand why everyone goes gaga over Paper Moon. It's a good enough song, but the first opening is waaaaaay better as an OP.

Yeah, the 1st opening was amazing. The 2nd is good but more typical of a shonen.

It's a combination of the music and the animation. They really hit every high mark with the animation and Paper Moon is very very catchy.

All the same, Soul Eater to me is TM Revolution. Soul's Resonance OP was fucking wonderful. I'm also a person that believes that the second single on the Soul's Resonance CD, Soul's Crossing, might have been the single best bit of music created for this franchise. Too bad it's stuck as the back track for the "cut a few video scenes and put them together" FMV opening for the seemingly blah Soul Eater: Monotone Princess game that came out on the Wii a few years ago.

Commercial break time to check out the full op

That was a good op, but the first is still better. Also I dunno why you guys are crying about the toonami cut did a good job

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I didn't like the first opening song for Soul Eater. Paper Moon easily beats it IMO.

I can't get over the edit. :(

Commercial break time to check out the full op

That was a good op, but the first is still better. Also I dunno why you guys are crying about the toonami cut did a good job

They butchered it beyond all recognition. The best parts of the song were nowhere in the Toonami cut.

Plus, it can't be Paper Moon without "See you in your dreams yeah baby".

I didn't like the first opening song for Soul Eater. Paper Moon easily beats it IMO.

I can't get over the edit. :(

The full OP is just okay, the first is tons better and had a much worse cut then the second. Honestly the cut version of the second OP is really well done, it's not sped up to sound awkward like other OP's on Toonami

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I had the soul eater manga open but since chrome for some reason doesnt save my tabs anymore when I closed the browser, I loss where I was =/

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
The full OP is just okay, the first is tons better and had a much worse cut then the second. Honestly the cut version of the second OP is really well done, it's not sped up to sound awkward like other OP's on Toonami
Wha? I'm the opposite. I thought Toonami did a great job with the cut of the first opening song. They could have done a better job picking better footage from the OP, though, but it was serviceable for me. I actually would prefer to hear the cut version instead of the full version whenever I watch the bluray. Paper Moon didn't really mix well together IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom