• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT8| Our Summer War Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

789shadow

Banned
You are the true mastermind behind Toonami-GAF.
ibdpPt1Mejn1uP.gif

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I am ready to probably pay no attention to the pre block

Im in a troubled spot where I want to play around with my wii U some more (just now popped in NSMBU) but then I remembered I can do both at the same time.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
789shadow first brought the idea up, and then I asked for suggestions. Got a couple responses, I went with grandjedi6 's

High Fives all around then, lol.

FYI SAB my suggestion was "Let me paint you like one of my waifus"

LoL, would have been funny. I'd probably have to check the account a few times to make sure it was me, and then "Ohhhh! I GET IT!" LoL.

Mine was something along the lines of "My Legend Dates Back to the 12th Century"

As one of the "Not in his 20s" members of ToonamiGAF, I feel this way sometimes, lol. "Back in my day....~!!"

I didn't even make the wall of shame. Jesus I need to post more.

Also, congrats on the tag SAB CA. Which was all my doing, by the way.

painting
painting

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Usually filler tends to not follow the main plot threads/chapters in the manga in the story. It isn't such a bad thing sometimes. Heck a chunk of Cowboy Bebop was 'filler'.

As original works neither Bebop nor GitS:SAC have filler. They do have episodes related to the main plot (5,12,13, 25,26 in the case of Bebop, Complex episodes in the case of SAC) but its not even close to the real filler experience.

Filler should rightly be labeled as "new to the anime version" content. It usually (but not always) is lower quality than the directly adapted source material but because the rules are relaxed sometimes the tonal shift can lead to some quite good comedy episodes. The single best episode of Naruto for example (101 of the original show) is a comedy episode.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
i have been told the next Bleach arc is worse than this one

The next Bleach arc is canon, in fact it's the one that followed Aizen's defeat. It suffered from a shit-ton of problems, including "tough act to follow", and many others I can't get into without going into spoilers.

Azure J

I wonder if I would have made top posters in the last thread if I didn't fall asleep two weeks in a row from over exhaustion. :lol

Azure J reporting in!

Edit: I am also morbidly curious to find out how everyone has been doing with SAO, but more importantly, what's the thread's overall reaction to Best Piece and Based Eater?

Edit: I am also morbidly curious to find out how everyone has been doing with SAO, but more importantly, what's the thread's overall reaction to Best Piece and Based Eater?
People have been enjoying One Piece so far. Lots of first timers that are genuinely interested in what's gonna happen next and lots of repeat viewers enjoying the first timer's reaction. As for SE, everyone keeps asking when the canon deviation will begin but people are enjoying the show anyways.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I wonder if I would have made top posters in the last thread if I didn't fall asleep two weeks in a row from over exhaustion. :lol

Azure J reporting in!

SE has been kinda dragging lately I'm sorry to say. One Piece is going as well as you'd expect.

bigkrev

Just had a revelation- I think tonight's episode of FLCL is the best episode of television of all time. The only other episode of a show I could even come up with on my short list was "To'hajiilee" from Breaking Bad, "College" from Soapranos, and the first episode of Lost. I am pretty sure this episode is better than those

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
SE has been kinda dragging lately I'm sorry to say. One Piece is going as well as you'd expect.

I really wish there was another Soul Eater anime... one that covers the rest of the series.

I also wish the author would do a sequel, the manga ending was so unsatisfying.

thetechkid

I really wish there was another Soul Eater anime... one that covers the rest of the series.

Everyone talks about wanting another one done like Brotherhood, but has there been any actual talk of one or is just people hoping?

Azure J

I'll never stop asking for this honestly. A second anime wouldn't even need to start from the beginning if they were clever/JAPAN enough for it. I still liked the idea someone in an earlier thread proposed that the entirety of the last half of the OG anime was a fever dream due to the situation with the BREW's magnetic field during the battle for it. As for the latter:

I still feel like Ohkubo was setting up a second series with the way that ending played out. There was too much unaccounted for and given his track record up until that point, he doesn't strike me as an author just trying to cash in and "be out". I don't know if "Soul Eater Not!" is that next franchise, but it does look like the world of SE is still ripe for usage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom