• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT9| This thread is made of LOVE and PEACE

Status
Not open for further replies.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I thought the ending was pretty good. Not everything needs to be sunshine and rainbows.

Final stretch of episodes was amazingly tense.

I just can't ever get over that last plot twist. Not at least with knowing what the movie does with it.

Moaradin

I will stick by the FMA 2003 ending until I die. Manga/Brotherhood ended a little too neatly for me. It was almost like fanfiction. FMA 2003 goes a very interesting direction even if it's a little rough.

Overall I still probably prefer Brotherhood, but FMA 2003 was great.

GitS in picture form

blahblah.jpg

Seda

I will stick by the FMA 2003 ending until I die. Manga/Brotherhood ended a little too neatly for me. It was almost like fanfiction. FMA 2003 goes a very interesting direction even if it's a little rough.

Overall I still probably prefer Brotherhood, but FMA 2003 was great.

I agree about Brotherhood ending too neatly. It's my biggest criticism of the series. But I love how everything ramps right up to the last 3 episodes or so. I really love the general structure that Brotherhood takes thoughout the series, from the mystery of the philosopher's stone, to reveals of the homunculi, to the Briggs arc and then this ramp up. Everything builds really well, It's just the end that kind of falls flat to me.

And I remember this guy, lol.

I agree about Brotherhood ending too neatly. It's my biggest criticism of the series. But I love how everything ramps right up to the last 3 episodes or so. I really love the general structure that Brotherhood takes thoughout the series, from the mystery of the philosopher's stone, to reveals of the homunculi, to the Briggs arc and then this ramp up. Everything builds really well, It's just the end that kind of falls flat to me.

And I remember this guy, lol.

You guys are cray, ending to Manga/Brotherhood is perfect.

I kind of know where FMA 03 is going, but I just don't understand how it gets to such an illogical finale, I mean nothing in the series has indicated anything about
another world

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I kind of know where FMA 03 is going, but I just don't understand how it gets to such an illogical finale, I mean nothing in the series has indicated anything about
another world
What's beyond
the gate
and what fuels Alchemic reactions?

looking at the credits here, it appears Patrick Seitz did the dub script for Summer Wars. he's also one of the two responsible for the dub script for Steins;Gate (the other being J. Michael Tatum)

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Oh wait I remember this ep

Wait why is this always the one stand alone ep I always see from OG GITS. =/

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
another world

Well actually...
when Ed described the experience of going through the Gate and almost reaching "the Truth" earlier in the series, there was all kinds of imagery of the real world, including American flags and atomic bombs, among other things.

Korigama

You guys are cray, ending to Manga/Brotherhood is perfect.
It's not uncommon for me to be disappointed with how anime series wind down and ultimately end things after being drawn in by the initial premise, but with Brotherhood, I was quite satisfied with its execution throughout. So yeah, I also believe that Brotherhood ended well.

Well actually...
when Ed described the experience of going through the Gate and almost reaching "the Truth" earlier in the series, there was all kinds of imagery of the real world, including American flags and atomic bombs, among other things.

That's still weak, could have easily been "past present and future of your world" since the series takes place in the early 1900's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom