• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |SepOct17| 1 + 1 = YEAH!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Tsuredure Children basically skips all the "filler" that a normal romcom anime would have & gets to the "memorable" moments, both in terms of what our characters would remember looking back & we the audience would remember. It also helps there's so many characters to focus on, so it has a good variety.

It was also smart to make each episode only about 11 minutes excluding the OP as to not overstay its welcome so you spend just the right amount of time with each couple.

1jxB8o.gif

BglRZx.gif

Mastering RPS, and Killua thought those booby traps were rides

That moment when you summon a bunch of demonic archangels to kill your foe and they tell you to sacrifice your daughter only for you to refuse and some fat blob proceeds to air out your wife killing dirty laundry.

caliph95

I was recently reminded that Wet exists.

250px-Wet_game.jpg

It exists, and I played it.

That's about the most positive thing I can say about it.
It was during bullet time phase iirc
That moment when you summon a bunch of demonic archangels to kill your foe and they tell you to sacrifice your daughter only for you to refuse and some fat blob proceeds to air out your wife killing dirty laundry.
I think I should get that but I don't

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Hey at least we're finally about to see
Casca get cured
which has been like the milestone for the last 15 years

Oh, definitely gonna play it some day once I get the chance. The LP was nice enough to link all the music at the right time, and I have a copy of the OST.

giphy.gif

latest

All this delicous salty despair, danganronpa is one of those series that makes me agree with Seda about plot making a game worse. Of course danganronpa makes itself worse with those awful minigames.

Video game plots aren't very good most of the time...I'd watch a xenoblade anime

I don't mind if a plot is cookie cutter or cliche or dumb in a hype way. Danganronpa is dumb in a dumb way where the entire premise of the series hinges upon something so dumb it really cripples the whole saga and each new story continues to try and justify the stupid original twist.

Chase17

Of course it is dumb. It's about a talking bear that trolls characters throughout the game.

What makes it fun (for me) are the absurdly convoluted plot twists that are often played straight.

Hangman's gambit is certainly not fun though.

Tenumi

Banned
Of course it is dumb. It's about a talking bear that trolls characters throughout the game.

What makes it fun (for me) are the absurdly convoluted plot twists that are often played straight.

Dumb is fun.

Hangman's Gambit... is not fun. That is the opposite of fun.

caliph95

But they improved it

Don't you love the improved version

That's great it's all the backstory that is better left backstory then ecplired

We're sitting here posting on a forum discussing a franchise where one of the leads Jojo poses and another has hyper intelligent gerbils and where someone got killed with a bikini stuffed with gravel. Seriously?

Chase17

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
*manages to pull off Nemesis' mission 10 in MvC Infinite*

*game doesn't save/count it for some reason, has to do it again but can't figure out the time constantly*

WELL SCREW YOU TOO, GAME.

All the danganronpa minigames are trash, worse is that 95% of the time I already know what the answer is but getting the game to let me say it involves terrible controls.

Seda

I don't really think that 'plots makes games worse' in an absolute sense, not always. It's more than I really don't place much value on plots when it comes to my enjoyment of games. Some of my all-time favorite games have absolutely shitty narratives but it doesn't matter at all if the game itself is great. (Grandia III is an example) On the flipside, there are some games with good story stuff that I don't care for because the game itself isn't very good (Vagrant Story is an example).

Now "gameplay" is a really loose term that encompasses so many things, but basically, as long as I adore the "gameplay" then that is all that matters.

To use a stupid analogy: "good gameplay" is a slice of pie and "good plot" is the whipped cream on top. Pie is perfectly good without whipped cream, good pies don't need it. Whipped cream by itself isn't so appealing. If you have both, great!

(occasionally I think overdone plot stuff can actually hinder gameplay but that starts to ruin the analogy)

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I don't really think that 'plots makes games worse' in an absolute sense, not always. It's more than I really don't place much value on plots when it comes to my enjoyment of games. Some of my all-time favorite games have absolutely shitty narratives but it doesn't matter at all if the game itself is great. (Grandia III is an example) On the flipside, there are some games with good story stuff that I don't care for because the game itself isn't very good (Vagrant Story is an example).

Now "gameplay" is a really loose term that encompasses so many things, but basically, as long as I adore the "gameplay" then that is all that matters.

To use a stupid analogy: "good gameplay" is a slice of pie and "good plot" is the whipped cream on top. Pie is perfectly good without whipped cream, good pies don't need it. Whipped cream by itself isn't so appealing. If you have both, great!

(occasionally I think overdone plot stuff can actually hinder gameplay but that starts to ruin the analogy)

This is close to my own thoughts on the issue. I will say if I had to choose between a good story in a game and good "gameplay" I'd pick the interactive part in an instant.

My supervisor just called to check in on me. More so to persuade me to take the rest of this week off given my pink eye. Which, it makes sense. I'm just so used to barely ever using Sick Leave that this is a weird feeling.

Since there was talk of DRV3, I just remembered and came across this cool video about Chaos;Child, which comes out in October, that made me even more hype for the game than I already was.

A third consecutive year that a Science Adventure game will possibly be in my top GOTY list (Steins;Gate, Steins;Gate 0, and, possibly, Chaos;Child).

Top Bottom