• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |SepOct17| 1 + 1 = YEAH!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
So I was too busy to comment on this yesterday but comparing new PPG to Teen Titans Go is a massive insult to TTG. It's a show made with love and care and is genuinely appealing to its audience, with most of the people who don't like it are just salty that it wasn't the TT they grew up with.

PPG remake is a charmless show devoid of almost anything redeemable.

Morlas

So I was too busy to comment on this yesterday but comparing new PPG to Teen Titans Go is a massive insult to TTG. It's a show made with love and care and is genuinely appealing to its audience, with most of the people who don't like it are just salty that it wasn't the TT they grew up with.

PPG remake is a charmless show devoid of almost anything redeemable.

i like some of the ttg episodes too, but i can only take so much of cyborg and beastboy saying waffles

caliph95

I find TTG annoying a lot of the time with occasional funny thing but nothing that makes me want to watch it

I don't even mind goofy versions of heroes I like DC animated shorts that they used to do and brave and the bold but I never found ttg that funjy

Mizerman

To me, TTG had gotten boring a while ago. Like they're just going through the motions.

I didn't even bother to keep up with PPG after the first episode.

https://soundcloud.com/toonamishowdown/showdown029

artworks-000246042382-tbw6zz-t500x500.jpg

"We discuss microwavable chili, the ubiquity of grape flavors, Jojo gifs, video podcasts, nondescript English names, GRANDTOURGRANDTOUR, justice for Hinata, A Goofy Movie, true crime, what other heavy topics Sword Art Online should cover, vegetarians, our worst nightmares all getting new anime seasons, people who shout memes in public, why social media videos are awful, whether we are the people who shout memes in public, why it's still not okay to say it even if you have an "a" at the end, and the career of Chad Michael Murray."

This one's pretty long. We had a lot of news and a lot of shows that we were...um...displeased with.

Oh god please tell me there's a gif of Killua Bisky punching that npc...oh yeah gifs offend people these days. Genthru looks like a man that gave up blinking.

Line_HTX

I see that it is Kirito's birthday today.

Also, good to see Iron Blooded Orphans back. Kind of wish I had all of my S1 recordings before I changed my box to something else. I forgot all about it and now it's lost forever, lol.

I don't actively seek out Teen Titans Go but what I have seen indicates that show is pretty hit and miss where the hit episodes are pretty good while miss episodes being pretty damn bad but (outside of one instance) nothing worth making a fuss over. Between TTG and PPG 2016, I'd rather watch that show that's inconsistent rather than outright shite.

Seda

Can someone give me a quick recap of ibo

Here's the wikipedia summary for the last episode of Season 1.

McGillis reveals his true motives to Gaelio. He had goaded Carta to accept a suicide mission so he could take her place. He convinced Gaelio to turn Ein into the fearsome monster mecha he has become so everyone would see how far Gjallarhorn would compromise its values to win. He even plans to take over Gaelio's family once Gaelio is dead. This enrages Gaelio, who attacks relentlessly until McGillis stabs Gaelio's Kimaris suit through the chest, killing the latter. Kudelia and Makanai make it to the parliament assembly in time, utilizing a secret passageway. Kudelia addresses the assembly and chastises them for their treatment of people. Mikazuki, who finds himself outmatched by Ein, pushes Barbatos to its limits to win. In doing so, he loses sight in his right eye, and the use of his right arm, although neither affects his ability to use his Alaya-Vijnana or pilot a mobile suit. When Makanai wins the election, Orga gives his comrades an order not to die on the battlefield until the cease-fire signal takes place, as their mission is now complete. Tekkadan returns to Mars, while Kudelia remains to advise Makanai and see her vision come to pass.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Can someone give me a quick recap of ibo
they got to earth

robots fought

kids wanted to kill/get revenge

one dude was all "lulz i totes ain't working for you, now i'm gonna marry your underage sister after i kill you"

dort was never brought up again

.....I legit can't remember most of the stuff that happened in the later half of the series, let alone most of the names outside of Kudelia & Mikazuki, along with anyone named after food.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I never even heard of the sauce.

Do people want it because it was something that actually tastes good, or "MY FAVORITE SHOW WANTS THIS, THEREFORE I WANT IT TOO"

I went to three places and they were all out. Sriracha Mac Sauce is a better substitute.

Let this be a lesson. Never let meme culture merge with businesses.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
BUT YOU SEE GUYS, YOU JUST HAVE TO HAVE THE RIGHT TASTE BUDS TO ANALYZE THE SUBTLETY OF THE SAUCE BECAUSE WITHOUT THE SOLID GRASP OF TASTING TECHNIQUE, A LOT OF THE SUBTLE TASTE WILL JUST GO OVER YOUR HEAD

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Fun Fact: The Chiller block had Tokyo Ghoul ads every ad break and was probably sponsored by them. I'm less disappointed in those four terrible shows than I was with Tokyo Ghoul.

Grexeno

Toonami Showdown:

"Are we going to talk about Tokyo Ghoul?"

"We're probably not going to talk about it very long."

Timestamp: 1 hour & 45 minutes out of 2 hours and 29 minutes.

Top Bottom