• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |SepOct17| 1 + 1 = YEAH!

I forgot how fun this show was, a shame that it's far too late for me to stay up and watch it (12:30).

Anyways tonight was fun. I'll have to catch what I missed for Super later this week. Good night everybody.

Xe4

Banned
I still have no idea what the ending has to do with anything, but it's easily the best of Toonami (excluding Bebop's of course).

Time for the best episode with the silliest villain.

Seda

Pioneering the same sort of editing that Xenosaga: Episode III would later make use of to the same degree of awkwardness.

This is still honestly the most egregious censoring I've come across in any video game. The hospital scene makes no sense. I actually thought Shion was, like, seeing things or something because it's not clear what's going on without the blood.

Since nobody posted it, here are the old Toonami edits of the Outlaw Star episode "Creeping Evil" that just aired right now:

- Still of blood spattered pirate cut from prologue.
- Blood removed from corpse in prologue.
- Narrator's "slay" changed to "destroy".
- Gene's "bite me" changed to "get lost".
- Scene of Gene patting Iris' butt cut.
- Jim's "sleazy way" changed to "worst way".
- Jim's "sell your body" changed to "sell your car".
- Pan of Gene sleeping with his hand in his crotch cut.
- Scene of Gene attempting to feel up the sleeping Melfina and Jim's stopping him cut.
- Blood matted out of the spaceport fight with the pirates.
- Scene of Gene's blood trail in the grass cut.
- Pirate's "grant you a quick death" changed to "grant you a quick end".
- Spaceport security's "that was a gunshot" changed to "that was a blaster".
- Blood removed from Jim's hand.

Korigama

This is still honestly the most egregious censoring I've come across in any video game. The hospital scene makes no sense. I actually thought Shion was, like, seeing things or something because it's not clear what's going on without the blood.
And all because Bandai Namco were terrified of potentially getting an M rating instead of T. Amusing that Nintendo of all people would wind up having more nerve by leaving that sort of content as is with the original Xenoblade.

Since nobody posted it, here are the old Toonami edits of the Outlaw Star episode "Creeping Evil" that just aired right now:

- Still of blood spattered pirate cut from prologue.
- Blood removed from corpse in prologue.
- Narrator's "slay" changed to "destroy".
- Gene's "bite me" changed to "get lost".
- Scene of Gene patting Iris' butt cut.
- Jim's "sleazy way" changed to "worst way".
- Jim's "sell your body" changed to "sell your car".
- Pan of Gene sleeping with his hand in his crotch cut.
- Scene of Gene attempting to feel up the sleeping Melfina and Jim's stopping him cut.
- Blood matted out of the spaceport fight with the pirates.
- Scene of Gene's blood trail in the grass cut.
- Pirate's "grant you a quick death" changed to "grant you a quick end".
- Spaceport security's "that was a gunshot" changed to "that was a blaster".
- Blood removed from Jim's hand.

Not an edit... Gene's "damn" left in.
Not and edit... Jim's "What the hell is this?" left in.

Huh. I never saw this back in the day, but I do remember words occasionally slipping through the censors for Rurouni Kenshin.

Top Bottom