• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |SepOct17| 1 + 1 = YEAH!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Guess it should be mentioned that the girl is named Anne, though she was never given a name in the manga until Araki gave her one for the anime. I don't recall it actually being mentioned in the anime, though.

This is Captain Tennille, named after Captain & Tennille. He's called Captain Dragon in the dub, after Daryl Dragon, the "Captain" of Captain & Tennille.

...also this guy's "sailor" dub voice is amazing.

Isn't Tennille a real last name?

Meh. It's low on the list of name changes that bug me.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Guess it should be mentioned that the girl is named Anne, though she was never given a name in the manga until Araki gave her one for the anime. I don't recall it actually being mentioned in the anime, though.

Oh I guess she's a super important character then.

Wait, wasn't there another time there was an episode with a female character that didn't have a name? Like, what's-his-name's sister from the first season I think?

dUTAkd3.gif

Zonic

Gives all the fucks

Wait, wasn't there another time there was an episode with a female character that didn't have a name? Like, what's-his-name's sister from the first season I think?
Poco's sister, yeah. I think Peggy was her name, once again given to her thanks to the anime.

David Pro tried to tie any loose ends from the manga when adapting it with small stuff like this.

cntr

Banned
I think they finished the dub a while ago.
Only for the Toonami airing, I think. I could see them doing some last-minute cleanup to sort out the rough spots for the disc release, like e.g., Episode 4.

lol of course Kakyoin would fucking explain what barnacles are

"brother"

Crocodile

Poco's Sister? Yeah I think she was given a name after the fact but she was written without one >_<

cntr

Banned
Unbelievably, underwater stand talking is something that's kept consistent through all Jojo.

...though David Pro still animates their mouths moving...

"Brother!"

Top Bottom