• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |SepOct17| 1 + 1 = YEAH!

Xe4

Banned
Oh, hey, he can remove Nen.
Oh...
I'm actually a little confused as to how this works.

The bomber's bombs still work outside the game because of something or another right?

Because it's a nen power, I think. And the game is on a real world place.

K32Z5EA.gif

SURPRISE. I definitely didn't expect him to betray them.

Of course they work, since the game is just real life anyway.

I'm... becoming a bit confused as to what the point of it being in a game or out of a game is now.

I guess this all went over my head when I read the manga or I didn't care. But paying attention now is making things hard to get a handle over.

Morlas

How is it that Hunter Hunter has people getting blown up but its still more light hearted than Tokyo Ghoul

it's all about the demeanor of the characters, because even when you're going through a dramatic time that doesn't mean you have to be a freaking graveyard of emotions the whole time.

cntr

Banned
I'm... becoming a bit confused as to what the point of it being in a game or out of a game is now.

I guess this all went over my head when I read the manga or I didn't care. But paying attention now is making things hard to get a handle over.
In-universe, it's basically a thing the Greed Island creators made up for fun, since it's the kind of thing a bunch of nerds would do, you know?

Out-universe, it's a way of introducing the card and monster mechanics to HxH, but letting them be self-contained to one arc/region, without contaminating the rest of the world with them.

Top Bottom