• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |SepOct17| 1 + 1 = YEAH!

Seda

Kinda slow episode, but honestly I don't mind too much. That's where having this show in a block helps a bit, doesn't have to be an action fest every week.

Crocodile

Is this full ending? That's....new........

As an aside, I kind of assumed Killua would never go back to take the Hunter Exam and remain the entire series as a "Hunter in name only". So I'll say this development is surprising.

In-universe, it's basically a thing the Greed Island creators made up for fun, since it's the kind of thing a bunch of nerds would do, you know?

Out-universe, it's a way of introducing the card and monster mechanics to HxH, but letting them be self-contained to one arc/region, without contaminating the rest of the world with them.

Yeah, Togashi just wanted to make his own version of Yu-Gi-Oh but better. >.>

Xe4

Banned
I'm liking this ED more than I did initially, but Yorknew ending is still by far the best. It was so damn good.

Is this full ending? That's....new........

As an aside, I kind of assumed Killua would never go back to take the Hunter Exam and remain the entire series as a "Hunter in name only". So I'll say this development is surprising.
Killua is taking the exam because Gon wants him to. Otherwise I doubt he would've bothered.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Shit, next episode is the best episode, not this one :(

I'd like to point out that this happens almost every time a group of people in this thread go "OH IT'S THIS EPISODE GET HYPE!"

It's almost always not that episode, and all you've accomplished is giving away for new viewers that something major is going to happen soon.

Seda

I'd like to point out that this happens almost every time a group of people in this thread go "OH IT'S THIS EPISODE GET HYPE!"

It's almost always not that episode, and all you've accomplished is giving away for new viewers that something major is going to happen soon.

haha yep

Because it's a nen power, I think. And the game is on a real world place.

That's his own nen, unrelated to the game. And Greed Island is in the real world.

I know that it's apart of the real world. I'm not entirely grasping the point though.

I dunno, this bomber plot feels off to me. It's strange that this island is apart of the real world but also in a game but also the villain's powers have nothing to do with the game so... why... I mean I guess it's just to have a unique location and an interesting way of fighting each other but so far there hasn't really been much point to this card system thing aside from the villain wanting a ton of them and for people to zip through the sky super fast like Whis's teleportation.

I remember not really following this well in the manga either. I should just stop trying.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

It's not even anything major this time.
Still the best episode though.

Fujiko tho

GrDFEet.gif

RagnarokX

Your attack will reach that rock by the end of the day.

*Attack immediately reaches the rock right after saying this*

Master Roshi tells Goku that it will take him 50 years to learn the kamehameha.
Goku blows up a car with a kamehameha after just observing Roshi use it once.
Everyone else in the anime learns the kamehameha in less than a year, including Yamcha.

I think Fujiko would be a better designed character if she didn't have huge melons. Like, we get that she's supposed to be some femme fatale. The knockers are just over kill.

Xe4

Banned
Why would he agree to go with Rebecca? He doesn't even like her.

Anyhow, both are undoubtedly plotting something.

cntr

Banned
This show is basically an 80s show made in 2015, so of course this would happen.

Why would he agree to go with Rebecca? He doesn't even like her.
What do you mean? He likes her, he just doesn't want to be married forever.

Top Bottom