• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto residents: TTC calls wildcat strike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thai

Bane was better.
Shinobi said:
I seriously have a hard time blaming the drivers for walking off...this city has done nothing but pay lip service to the safety issue the last five years, while the bus drivers are still fully exposed. London Regional Transport drivers have been driving vechiles behind sealed lockable doors for what, 30 years now? The **** is taking the TTC so long to offer a similar solution?

There's also the fact that Mayor David Miller has basically bent over for every other union in town the last three years, and the TTC guys figure they oughta be able to get the same pound of flesh that everyone else got.

And there's also the fact that Howard Moscoe is a ****ing prick.

Doesn't look like there's a strike going on today, so I guess that's cool. Looks like it was very close though.

On a lighter note, the TTC unveiled the design for the new train they're looking to build, in time for 2009.

nst_artist_concept.jpg

http://www.toronto.ca/ttc/new_subway_train/new_train_introduction.htm

zomg motion blurrrr!! but cool, it's time to replace Toronto's aging fleet

Shinobi

:lol Fantasy is exactly what that is. I'd love to see it, but after the complete and utter **** ups that have been the Sheppard line and Scarborough RT, I can't imagine how any meaningful expansion could be done without costing $2 billion.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Lazy said:
FYI, check out this fantasy subway map developed by a TTC enthusiast. The Yonge line extending up into Richmond Hill would be heaven.

there should be a line that breaks off the blue line (at the exhibition place) and runs across lakeshore blvd until long branch (basically lakeshore blvd/brownsline) or make it run to port credit or all the way up to sherway gardens

in fact... stopping at sherway sounds like an awesome plan ;)

Shinobi said:
On a lighter note, the TTC unveiled the design for the new train they're looking to build, in time for 2009.

nst_artist_concept.jpg

I love how the TTC keeps spending all this money while at the same time bitching about not having enough money to maintain the services they already have and raising fares every year.

Shinobi

_leech_ said:
I love how the TTC keeps spending all this money while at the same time bitching about not having enough money to maintain the services they already have and raising fares every year.

Yeah, that cracks me up too...they raise fares a few months ago so they can "maintain the current level of service", then barely four weeks later pull out a subway extention to York University for a billion and a half out of their ass. Interesting how that works.

Manics

Banned
DopeyFish said:
there should be a line that breaks off the blue line (at the exhibition place) and runs across lakeshore blvd until long branch (basically lakeshore blvd/brownsline) or make it run to port credit or all the way up to sherway gardens

in fact... stopping at sherway sounds like an awesome plan ;)

Easy expansion in 24 phases. :lol That plan should be complete by about 2150.

fallout

Shinobi said:
Yeah, that cracks me up too...they raise fares a few months ago so they can "maintain the current level of service", then barely four weeks later pull out a subway extention to York University for a billion and a half out of their ass. Interesting how that works.
I agree it's mildly insane, but the extension is really ****ing needed. I'd never even use it, and I'm surprised it wasn't done ages ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom