• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trailer for Midnight Special - Superpower film from Jeff Nichols (Take Shelter, Mud)

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGR5BwuBMpI

Starring Michael Shannon, Sam Shepard, Kristen Dunst, Adam Driver, and Joel Edgerton
In the sci-fi thriller “Midnight Special,” writer/director Jeff Nichols proves again that he is one of the most compelling storytellers of our time, as a father (Michael Shannon) goes on the run to protect his young son, Alton (Jaeden Lieberher), and uncover the truth behind the boy’s special powers. What starts as a race from religious extremists and local law enforcement quickly escalates to a nationwide manhunt involving the highest levels of the Federal Government. Ultimately his father risks everything to protect Alton and help fulfill a destiny that could change the world forever in this genre–defying film as supernatural as it is intimately human.

Nichols hasn't made an average film yet but I have to be honest and say his name (and Shannon) is the only thing that gets me excited for this.

best sci-fi movie of the year I bet. Jeff Nichols said he was inspired by Starman and old Spielberg movies like ET and Close Encounters. and unlike abrams with super 8 I think this guy will nail that vibe without feeling like some poor imitation. Nichols da gawd.

best sci-fi movie of the year I bet. Jeff Nichols said he was inspired by Starman and old Spielberg movies like ET and Close Encounters. and unlike abrams with super 8 I think this guy will nail that vibe without feeling like some poor imitation. Nichols da gawd.

In Abrams defense, everything in Super 8 before the alien was great

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I was going to say that I see some shades of Firestarter.

I'm definitely in to see what Nichols pulls off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom