• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tribes: Vengeance Open Beta Phase (for FP subs)

shpankey

not an idiot
It's times like tonight I just love my FilePlanet subscription, heh.

P.S. 500+ download rate, wow. :)

IJoel

It's times like tonight I hate developers.

Don't want to waste bandwidth? This isn't the damn 90s, there's file sharing. No excuses.

shpankey

not an idiot
Non-FilePlanet subscribers will get to download the beta in about a week. (this news from a moderator of their forums). And why would you hate FP? I think it kicks fucking ass.

shpankey

not an idiot
Back from playing the game, my gosh this game kicks ass! It's like the true sequel to Tribes! Freakin awesome!

Mrbob

God I'm almost ready to sign up for Fileplanet just to get this.

Edit: Scratch that, I just subscribed for a month to get into this beta! :D

Mrbob

Just played for a half hour before I head to bed. Totally sweet! :D

Game really does feel like Tribes! I agree that this game feels more like Tribes than Tribes 2! Took no time to get accustomed to the controls! The new vehicles you can climb into are pretty sweet! The best thing I would say is the performance! Got awesome performance on my 9800PRO (Set at 412/365)!! I ran fraps while playing and I would average between 45-65 fps with it dipping occasional in the mid 30s. And that was with 24 players on the map!! Very little lag as well. I'm quite shocked at how well it performed. I ran at 1024 X 768 resolution with everything set to high or very high.

it is cool, outside of the awful netcode and that it was a buggy mess.

Hmm, what type of connection you running on? I'm running on cable and very rarely got any lag.

Badabing

Time ta STEP IT UP
element said:
it is cool, outside of the awful netcode and that it was a buggy mess.

It's main attraction is the online mode, how could they have managed to make bad netcode??

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
Ahh man, I was all set up to hate this and bitch at the downfall of the Tribes name.

Now you have to go and say it's more like a true sequel to T1...

*checks calendar, wallet & then halves his food budget for the rest of the year*

Top Bottom