• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump, compared sex to Vietnam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beefy

In a previously unreported 1998 interview with Howard Stern, Donald Trump compared sex to going to battle in Vietnam and joked he should be getting the Congressional Medal of Honor.

In the May 7, 1998 appearance, obtained and reviewed by CNN's KFile, Trump also said "women are worse than men, they're more sexually aggressive than men," adding, "If they're married they're even worse."

Trump also spoke at length about his Miss Universe contest, telling Stern and co-host Robin Quivers, "we don't base it on talent, we don't base it on brains."

Comparing sex to Vietnam:

"Have you had sex with Anna Nicole Smith?" Stern asked Trump in the 1998 interview.

"It's funny Howard, if I had sex with a number of women that I'm supposed to have had sex with, I wouldn't be talking to you right now. I'd be dead," Trump said.

"Yeah, you'd be dead," said Stern. "You'd have some disease."

"I'd be dead," added Trump.

During the conversation, Trump said, "You know in the book I wrote that women are worse then men, they're more sexually aggressive then men."

"Not my wife," Stern said.

"No, no they're worse then men," Trump said. "If they're married they're even worse."

Trump and Stern then returned to the discussion after speaking about single life and dating.

"Hey, so wait a second, get back to my question," Stern said. "Let's say you're with a hot chick, right? But you're so germ paranoid, and I'm germ paranoid, do you say to them, 'look you've got to go take a medical test before I do you.'"

"Well, you'd like to say that, and sometimes you do," added Trump.

"The problem is that sometimes your own chemicals take over and you can't wait."

"So you'll just have straight intercourse with a rubber with them right?" Stern asked.

"Well, I don't know, you know there's lots of different ways of doing it. It's a very complicated subject. They say that more people were killed by women in this act than killed in Vietnam, OK," Trump said.

"Yes, that is true," replied Stern.

"You know, you get criticized for that statement, but that statement is very easily true," added Trump.

Stern responded, "I even went as far to say that you're braver than any Vietnam vet because you're out there screwing a lot of women."

"Getting the Congressional Medal of Honor, in actuality," said Trump.

Later in the interview Trump and Stern again compared avoiding STDs to Vietnam.

"I'm having a good time, but Howard, you know the one negative: It's very, very dangerous out there," said Trump.

"Yes it is, it's your Vietnam," added Stern.

"It's Vietnam," added Trump. "It is very dangerous. So I'm very, very careful."

http://money.cnn.com/2016/10/14/med...vietnam-stds1108PMVODtopPhoto&linkId=29961760

smurfx

get some go again
i think i remember listening to this interview. pretty obvious why stern loved having him on the program since he would go along with everything stern said.

I'm going to have to assume they are joking using metaphors and hyperbole.

Because if it's at face value it's to unknowing and painful to recreate in my head.

Every other Trump comment was either an admission of sexual assault or just disgusting.
I don't see this one as anything other than a joke that a bunch of people would make imo.
Edit:Not a funny joke, though I could imagine a funny joke about Vietnam and sex

Sky Chief

This is old, can we please stop having threads for every stupid or controversial thing Trump says because he says a lot of those things

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
He had to take into account being on Howard Stern when running right? That isn't something that no one is going to know about or never have heard. Its so out there in the open by way of Howard Stern he had to realize all the bull shit he said would come back to haunt him.

Breads

Banned
I've been a Stern Stan for I dunno... 20 years. Loved when Trump went on. Thought he was god damn hilarious.

Then I learned he wasn't trying to be funny. The shit he wasn't saying weren't jokes. He's being 100% serious.

Rembrandt

Banned
This is really nothing, tbh. This comes off as obvious attempts at humor. Bad for a presidential candidate to be tied to but ehh overall.

Sky Chief

CNN are tweeting about it now. If you don't like a thread just don't go into it.

What other threads are there to go into!? I count ten threads with "Trump" in the title right now on the first page. They're all just different stupid things he's said. Why can't we just have a single Trump is an asshole thread and only start new threads when something actually newsworthy happens.

Beefy

What other threads are there to go into!? I count ten threads with "Trump" in the title right now on the first page. They're all just different stupid things he's said. Why can't we just have a single Trump is an asshole thread and only start new threads when something actually newsworthy happens.

You're thread moaning though, which isn't allowed on Gaf. If you ask a mod and the mods want to combine all then that is up to them.

Stern responded, "I even went as far to say that you're braver than any Vietnam vet because you're out there screwing a lot of women."

black-guy-meme-question-marks-que-02.jpg

How does he even come up with this stuff.

Take it up with the mods, don't complain in the thread itself.

Does anyone feel like Trump is trying to self-sabotage his campaign.

I honestly think he doesn't want the office, but he won't drop out because, well its a month left to election and it would make him look weak

this man has the intelligence of an ant

AYF 001

This is really nothing, tbh. This comes off as obvious attempts at humor. Bad for a presidential candidate to be tied to but ehh overall.
A presidential candidate who silver spooned his way into five draft deferments during Vietnam, and who also called Vietnam PoW John McCain a loser because he was captured. It's the context that really makes it worse.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Idiotic garbage but.nothing compared to something he did that will be revealed later this evening.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
He had to take into account being on Howard Stern when running right? That isn't something that no one is going to know about or never have heard. Its so out there in the open by way of Howard Stern he had to realize all the bull shit he said would come back to haunt him.

It's pretty obvious that after living his whole life as a playboy billionaire, doing whatever he wanted without meaningful consequence and building a powerful brand and celebrity in the process, that he thought he would "get away with it". Especially since he made it through the Republican primaries with barely any of this stuff coming up outside of vague accusations by the other candidates.

I imagine he is both legitimately surprised and frustrated he is under such immense scrutiny now. This is turning his whole life upside down, where finally he can't just take or do whatever he wants. After a meteoric rise his power and influence, post election loss, is going to be greatly diminished to less than before as the accusations and ongoing lawsuits play out, and perhaps he is sensing that too.

Does anyone feel like Trump is trying to self-sabotage his campaign.

I honestly think he doesn't want the office, but he won't drop out because, well its a month left to election and it would make him look weak

this man has the intelligence of an ant

I guess it is possible that he predicted he would be in this position in 1998 and decided to self-sabotage it with this interview, as well as with all his sexual assaults in the past 40 years.

So, I know nothing about Stern. When he says stuff like this, is he being earnest, or trolling the shit out of his guests to make them look dumb for agreeing?

I guess it is possible that he predicted he would be in this position in 1998 and decided to self-sabotage it with this interview, as well as with all his sexual assaults in the past 40 years.

Yeah Trump is a PoS, I don't disagree with you, I just think before these sexual assault cases started popping up it seems like he reached a point where he doesn't really know if he wants the office or not

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Is Stern on record as hating Trump's guts or something? He's leading him along to say really stupid shit.
No, they're friends, but I think Stern was always so amused at how crazy Trump would get on the air that he would just see how far he could get him to go. Stern really played him like a violin.

Here's a great article on their weird dynamic: Politico: How Howard Stern Owned Donald Trump

This is old, can we please stop having threads for every stupid or controversial thing Trump says because he says a lot of those things

Hey, I'm looking forward to the day - hopefully soon - that there won't be 30 new Trump threads a day. I'm tired of this guy too.

Until then, yes, even his old dumb comments on an entertainment program are newsworthy and deserve individual parsing and discussion.

So, I know nothing about Stern. When he says stuff like this, is he being earnest, or trolling the shit out of his guests to make them look dumb for agreeing?

It's not really trolling. He's simply stroking his ego to get info out of him. Consider how much of an egomaniac Trump is. So how do you think it made him feel to have Stern tell him that? It all just made Trump open up more because Stern was making him feel like a king.

I just... Man... Fuck.

I mean... I've never seen a teardown this thorough of anyone ever. This presidential election has shown that if you are a public personality, watch your fucking mouth, lest someone hear you. I do have to say though, after the run up to this, I am feeling this gleeful schadenfreude that I've never felt before. Laughing at Trump, laughing at his supporters, laughing at the GOP, laughing at his surrogates on CNN, it's all so goddamned glorious.

I can't wait until it's over. Although I know after election day it most likely won't end fully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom