• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump family trips cost taxpayers $11.3m in one month

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dryk

It was foretold
1047178.gif

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
So if the trump's family trips continue for the next four years it could easily cost US taxpayers approxiamately 2.35 bililon dollars by the end of his first term in office and around 5.70 billion dollars if he lasts the full eight years.That is insane.

Edit: I may have calculated something wrong here but it's likely to cost well over a billion for taxpayers to fund trump's weekend trips to florida and his son's business trips.
How did you manage to get to a billion dollars at all??

11.3 million times x 48 = 542.4 million.

X-Frame

He'll respond that he's forgoing the president's salary. His base will eat it up. The reporter won't have a chance to respond with the salary is but a small fraction of these costs.

The reporter then should open with the facts comparing the costs for Obama vs. Trump, plus adding his Trump's tweets and interview comments in the topic, and then finally asking Trump to comment.

That way, at least it reduces the chances of him weaseling out of the answer and deflecting if the comparisons are brought up first.

$11.3 Million dollars so his ass can take a vacation.

I wish I had $11.3 million taxpayer dollars to bum my ass around swanky resorts and not do my job.

Biske

Mind you, when they stay at Trump hotels, Mar a Lago, etc, that money gets funneled to... Trump.

He really has a great con going with this presidency thing. No wonder he has already started the 2020 campaign

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Think of the positives.

If we keep this up, in 4 years, he will only spend 542.2Million dollars of US tax payers money. Not even a billion.

Wulfric

You can't even spin this. Talk about a low energy politician.

Let's see...

11.3 million x 6 or 9 months in the White House = 67.8-101.7 million

That's a lot of money for golf and hors d'oeuvres.

h_a_t

Dishonest media. Fake news! Fake news!

I've already adjusted to knowing that everything Trump has complained about of others he has done or will do himself. So, this is to be expected. Of course, his supporters won't care despite them ripping Obama about it because...well, you know.

This obvious double standard would frustrate anyone looking at this objectively.

But he gets no salary tho.

Is he not getting a salary? According to the constitution:
The President shall, at stated Times, receive for his Services, a Compensation, which shall neither be increased nor diminished during the Period for which he shall have been elected, and he shall not receive within that Period any other Emolument from the United States, or any of them.

Has pay day come yet? He's not allowed to diminish his pay during the period that he is in office. I haven't seen any reporting on this so I don't know if it has come up yet or not.

Dai101

Banned
Rich family, richer than any of us will ever be have all expenses paid trips and security on our dime as they make even more money and profit off of their businesses.

I feel good.

ALLEGED rich. This assholes are not what they appear to be. They're just con-men and moochers.

Piecake

Has pay day come yet? He's not allowed to diminish his pay during the period that he is in office. I haven't seen any reporting on this so I don't know if it has come up yet or not.

Considering that he lies about giving money to charity, your best bet is to assume that he is lying about not accepting the salary or giving it away to charity.

Between this and the 20+ billion dollar border wall... what the fuck are the fiscal conservatives seeing in this guy?

There is no such thing as "fiscal conservative" in American politics. It's simply because a buzzword that conservatives get to own because it has the word "conservative" in it.

And a person can't be socially liberal and fiscally conservative despite how loud conservatives yell it.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
I wonder if one day the massive disconnect between what he says and what he does will become apparent to his supporters. If it does they'll probably not care.

LakeEarth

Mind you, when they stay at Trump hotels, Mar a Lago, etc, that money gets funneled to... Trump.

He really has a great con going with this presidency thing. No wonder he has already started the 2020 campaign

Yup, this is a key point. Not only that his family is costing so much, but most if it is being spent on Trump-owned properties. A ton of that money is just going into Trump's pocket.

Brakke

Banned

What no. That just means Congress can't change his pay while he's on the job. The actual salary is defined in Code, set to $400k. That says the President "shall receive in full" the salary, which means it's probably illegal to refuse it. But Trump won't be the first to refuse payment as an elected official, and surely nobody would pursue him on it.

There's a kind of good case for taking the salary even if you don't need it -- you don't want to set a norm for rejecting the salary, to save some future less-rich President the embarrassment of taking it against precendent. But I seriously doubt anybody worth listening to is ever going to get mad at a future President for doing something contrary to a precedent set by Trump...

rjinaz

$11.3 Million dollars so his ass can take a vacation.

I wish I had $11.3 million taxpayer dollars to bum my ass around swanky resorts and not do my job.

11.3 million for a couple weekend vacations. One citizen like myself could live happily off a 10th of that for most of if not all of my life. It's disgusting when you really think about it.

Bleepey

Increased fees lead to more tax revenue. His security pays for itself!

Betty

Banned
What? He's pretty damn obese. Plus he's 70. He's probably already packing Depends under that ill fitting suit. No way he lasts a full 4 years in his condition.

Hoping for his untimely death is about the only hope you have of him not winning 2020 so sure, if you want to believe that go ahead.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
What? He's pretty damn obese. Plus he's 70. He's probably already packing Depends under that ill fitting suit. No way he lasts a full 4 years in his condition.

Not to mention him constantly stressing out about every little thing. Can't be very good for his health, and being president is already stressful enough without sweating all the little things.

Hoping for his untimely death is about the only hope you have of him not winning 2020 so sure, if you want to believe that go ahead.
Either he brings in new taxes and gets Herbert Walkered, gets taken away in handcuffs, or craters the economy.

I don't think his chances of getting reelected are good, let alone guaranteed.

Garlador

Remember when Sean Hannity was blasting Obama for being so "rich" that he ordered dijon mustard on a burger?
hqdefault.jpg

Ah, good times.

Rich family, richer than any of us will ever be have all expenses paid trips and security on our dime as they make even more money and profit off of their businesses.

I feel good.

Which MIGHT be worth it if you get an awesome government in return but those people are rich AND assholes.
Apart from the social issues and pissing off other countries (allies and possible future foes), they are literally planning to destroy the environment/planet's climate.
And you are paying their enormous bills with your own money. The feels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom