• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump family trips cost taxpayers $11.3m in one month

Status
Not open for further replies.

FTF

I don't understand...he's a damn "billionaire", why can't he pay for his own dumb vacations? Or is this for the secret service and protection, etc. stuff?

Biske

I don't understand...he's a damn "billionaire", why can't he pay for his own dumb vacations? Or is this for the secret service and protection, etc. stuff?

Its for the secret service.

Though, since he is going to his own hotels and properties and the secret service has to stay there... we are paying for his vacations.

Same as when his kids go on Trump business trips also to Trump properties.

Paying for protection of the president and his family is normal and good, paying so much, so fast, all into Trumps pocket is whats beyond the pale.

Betty

Banned
Either he brings in new taxes and gets Herbert Walkered, gets taken away in handcuffs, or craters the economy.

I don't think his chances of getting reelected are good, let alone guaranteed.

I think his modest successes will outweigh the negatives to his supporters and that's assuming they even believe a tenth of the bad press he get's which they probably won't.

Its for the secret service.

Though, since he is going to his own hotels and properties and the secret service has to stay there... we are paying for his vacations.

Same as when his kids go on Trump business trips also to Trump properties.

Paying for protection of the president and his family is normal and good, paying so much, so fast, all into Trumps pocket is whats beyond the pale.
For comparison's sake this is about 1/6th of what Obama had spent on his family total, over eight years.

Within a month.

Furyous

Is it true that it costs NYC 500K per day to protect Trump coming out of the city's pocket?
Is it true that the secret service has to rent out an entire floor to protect Trump at Trump's hotel at a total cost of $1.5 million per week?

I could've sworn I read an article that stated it would cost the US an estimated $183 million per year to protect Trump and his family. That number could be off as the source may constitute as "fake news".

chrislowe

Did not Obama spend 11million in 13 hours when going to Mandelas funeral.
According to the news this amount did not include air force one costs.

Israel declined this trip since it would have cost nearly 2 million for them to travel there.

Just saying that Trump is not alone to spend taxpayers cash.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Is it true that it costs NYC 500K per day to protect Trump coming out of the city's pocket?
Is it true that the secret service has to rent out an entire floor to protect Trump at Trump's hotel at a total cost of $1.5 million per week?

I could've sworn I read an article that stated it would cost the US an estimated $183 million per year to protect Trump and his family. That number could be off as the source may constitute as "fake news".

That number is way low. It's at least double that.

Israel declined this trip since it would have cost nearly 2 million for them to travel there.

Yes, Obama spent around $65M.

Over eight years.

This is over less than four weeks.

BobLoblaw

Banned

Obama's estimated travel costs were around $12 million a year. Nice try, but fail.

chrislowe

Had to google this and found that a book from a former white house staff entitled 'To Serve the President', published in 2010 the cost for secret service to protect Bush was 2 million a day. So it could be true that it cost 500k a day for Trump.

RinsFury

Won't be surprised at all if vacation and protection bill for this orange fuck and his shithead family hits a billion dollars by the time his four years are up.

Avixph

Why must the Secret Service provide protection for Trump's Adult children? Shouldn't they just provide protection for Trump Melania and Barron? It would be less expensive.

chrislowe

Obama's estimated travel costs were around $12 million a year. Nice try, but fail.

Yeah ive read that too, but it dont think its true.
The cost for air force one is around 180k an hour according to http://www.ntu.org/foundation/detail/presidential-travel-costs-to-taxpayers-april-snapshot

So 12million / 180k is 66 hours of flight for Obama in a year. Sounds a bit little.

New york to south africa is 16hours flight so 2.8million dollars in cost for the flight trip and then you meed to go back also.

numble

Wag

Won't be surprised at all if vacation and protection bill for this orange fuck and his shithead family hits a billion dollars by the time his four years are up.

Probably try to write off everything he does over the next 4yrs as a business expense.

BobLoblaw

Banned
The cost for air force one is around 180k an hour according to http://www.ntu.org/foundation/detail/presidential-travel-costs-to-taxpayers-april-snapshot

So 12million / 180k is 66 hours of flight for Obama in a year. Sounds a bit little.

New york to south africa is 16hours flight so 2.8million dollars in cost for the flight trip and then you meed to go back also.
Even if that were true, the SS are still having to travel with his kids, watch his wife, AND protect his crazy ass. That adds up ridiculously fast.

Chumly

It wasn't a vacation..... it was a state trip that wasn't just for fun.

Actually reading articles I think this biggest problem is that the trump family is everywhere. New York City, DC, going to Florida, kids are opening hotels overseas...... obamas family stayed put by comparison.

benzy

Comparing going to a funeral for one of the worlds most respectable man versus going to a rich club in Florida.

What's wrong with you.

jimmypython

I kind of wish he wasn't rightfully shut down. I wanted to see what nonsense is was going to spew and then get complete eviscerated by the host.

Don Lemon was being very smart on this. He knew the time for him was already very tight and he took the major of it to lecture the guy on "fake news". So I suspect he would stop it very quickly no matter it was a shutdown or just running out of time. So he just made use of the time and showed the dramatic "shutdown" action - it was beautiful.

I wish he would've taken a salary instead. It would've been cheaper if he did.

I remember him saying that he would only take a penny salary and wouldn't leave the White House and would work none stop to make America Great again. Fucking horse shit.

Lev

Yeah, this crap is ridiculous. Melanie and Barron Trump should of already moved to the White House. This nonsense about finishing the school year is a joke: how much can you really miss out in the 4th grade when you switch between schools in the second half of the year? It can't be worth $500 million a day of tax payers' money surely.

Fox Mulder

I'm sure the hannity types and other gop fiscal fuckheads are crying about this like with Obama's costs too, right?

We'll just make the money back by gutting welfare or something.

Azuran

Banned
I'm sure the hannity types and other gop fiscal fuckheads are crying about this like with Obama's costs too, right?

We'll just make the money back by gutting welfare or something.

Hannity and friends jack off everytime Trump opens his mouth. I guess the tears they get from those orgasms when Cheetos brings up Hillary can count as crying in a way.

Bleepey

Remember when Sean Hannity was blasting Obama for being so "rich" that he ordered dijon mustard on a burger?
hqdefault.jpg

Ah, good times.

Probably uses grey poupon too.

The US has had some very corrupt presidents, in one way or another, but Trump really is a new standard of devience.

Trump represents the diseased underside of the American dream. People just can't let go.

RuGalz

That's too low. Room and food prices will soon be doubled on his property where the security service stays! I bet these security services are loving their high roller life.

Tovarisc

But they can contract their own private security.

Can't wait for that precedent to take place.

"Nah Mr. President, not feeling like protecting FLOTUS and your 22yo son. Why? Well you are millionaire, I hear Blackwater does contract stuff"

Tovarisc

Just call DeVos.

Precedent like that wouldn't limit just to this Presidency. It could be used in future too and could danger POTUS in one way or another. I rather not have system fuck with Secret Service protocols and crate loopholes that could enable them not do protect POTUS & Family.

Tovarisc

Yeah, but does the US picks up the bill for his son opening a golf course in Saudi Arabia?

For his Secret Service detail, yes.

Will this thread turn into another "Leave them without protection, they don't deserve it" circlejerk that previous one about Secret Service was?

Chococat

Going to a funeral is part of being President. That sort of expense is expected.

Taking 3 vacations within the first month that cost equal to that of the last presidents spending for the entire year is not the same thing.

SerTapTap

People who voted for this are traitors. No two ways about it. $500k a day to protect his disgusting family because they won't move into the whitehouse. Hopefully an Unnfortunate Accident occurs and we can save a lot of money.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Not paying taxes, but burning through other people's taxes must be pretty nice.

Don't you see: fucking over other people makes him smart.

It's not his fault these countless loopholes exist! But don't ask him when he's going to start closing them.

Tovarisc

People who voted for this are traitors. No two ways about it. $500k a day to protect his disgusting family because they won't move into the whitehouse. Hopefully an Unnfortunate Accident occurs and we can save a lot of money.

Absolutely nothing good would come out of something like that.

Stuff like that makes you just realize extra hard how much of a double standard there is.

The previous President gets critized by conservatives for what are modest and normal travelling expenses.

The new President elected on the promise of getting rid of waistful spending in Washington acts like a king with exuberant expenses as a result, and conservatives keep their mouth shut.

Bazrjefhhrghfdshhhhh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom