• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump takes shots at Kaepernick, ‘Get that son of a bitch off the field’

NateDrake

It blew my mind when I learned about that. It's not even a real tradition, it's a part of the military industrial complex.

It's just marketing bullshit, but folks will defend it.

I posted the rules of the flag that someone linked to earlier in this thread on a FB argument feed and it always ends with someone saying "I served XX years and kneeling disrespects my time served and those that died." Thanks for your service, but no it doesn't. You fought for the freedom of the individual to kneel.

We have angry people calling those kneeling "snowflakes" or "babies" but they are the ones whining about a flag and a person doing a peaceful protest.

Sianos

So, you're saying I'm a bad cop? Listen, you obviously don't know me in real life. But because you don't agree with me on my opinions on an off-topic forum within a gaming forum doesn't make me a bad cop. That I respect all as equals unless you are a scumbag criminal, then I don't discriminate because trash comes in every color. But this is all you're capable of doing I guess, just direct attacks.

Until you accept and recognize all viewpoints and stances of people, enjoy the losing streak.

what do you mean by "accept" all viewpoints? some "viewpoints", such as the viewpoint of racial supremacy, are built upon a mire of untrue implicit stated and explicitly stated assumptions - how can i accept viewpoints that are fundamentally flawed?

It really doesn't matter how meek or benign the act itself is, including a raised fist. It's about the dissent.

i want to shove the noses of those supposedly in favor of "free speech", but only when it enables them to spew hate speech, into their own bullshit

they don't have an answer to give, and i want them to consciously recognize that

the cognitive dissonance will either force them to do some introspection, or further prompt the build up of "cognitive scar tissue" that makes the current conservative movement so ineffective - their inability to interface with reality in any meaningful way because their narrative so encumbers their thought process

cackhyena

J-Rzez seems like the type of dude who just wants the path of least resistance. That doesn't exist. It's gonna be messy. Deal with it.

Enzom21

So, you're saying I'm a bad cop? Listen, you obviously don't know me in real life. But because you don't agree with me on my opinions on an off-topic forum within a gaming forum doesn't make me a bad cop. That I respect all as equals unless you are a scumbag criminal, then I don't discriminate because trash comes in every color. But this is all you're capable of doing I guess, just direct attacks.

Until you accept and recognize all viewpoints and stances of people, enjoy the losing streak.

I am basing it on the insane shit you post here. Unless you're bullshitting here, I don't think the things you post are things a good cop would believe.

Of course you think racism should be accepted and recognized. Yeah, you're a "good" cop.

B10c20P.jpg

The only reason "locked arms" is okay right now is because kneeling is also there. If it weren't, those same locked arms and/or raised fists would be the new traitorous acts. Let's be real here.

Not

Banned
I think a lot of people, cops included, won't acknowledge their racism because they inherently recognize their own anecdotal experiences as more important than data and evidence.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

I don’t know how a person could type this with no self awareness or reflection.

All viewpoints matter, I guess?

Suspend me on full pay if wrong.

The only reason "locked arms" is okay right now is because kneeling is also there. If it weren't, those same locked arms and/or raised fists would be the new traitorous acts. Let's be real here.
Nah, it's only because Brady did it and Trump's not going to attack him. I don't remember the locked arms ever being considered "acceptable" prior to today.

I think a lot of people, cops included, won't acknowledge their racism because they inherently recognize their own anecdotal experiences as more important than data and evidence.

To be fair, humans have been traipsing around for at least 350,000 years, and spent only the last 1,000 (at best) considering data and evidence to be more important than anecdotal experience.

We are unfortunately fighting against millennia of genetic conditioning. We've done an okay job of making things better considering, but we just have to keep pushing for it.

Fuck yeah there's large section of Raiders on the bench

Yeah, I guess now we know why Mark Davis said he could no longer tell his players to not protest. You aren't going to win when that many people are pissed.

Edit: Raiders wanted to stay in the locker room during the anthem but the game timing for SNF is different during day games, so they'd be at risk of losing the coin toss and face a 15y unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.

Sianos

This dude really in here saying we gotta accept all viewpoints? Of course he's a cop.

the viewpoint that "we shouldn't accept all viewpoints, especially not those based on the wrongful antiquated assumptions of racial supremacy" is contained within the set of all viewpoints

victory is mine

Wouldn't this entire affair be a good example of why giving the government power over speech is very very dangerous? They're literally showing you what they'd like to do with that power if they had it.

That seems like it's worth it even if it means Ben Shapiro comes to your campus to talk to like 15 people in a tiny auditorium.

Yeah, I guess now we know why Mark Davis said he could no longer tell his players to not protest. You aren't going to win when that many people are pissed.

Edit: Raiders wanted to stay in the locker room during the anthem but the game timing for SNF is different during day games, so they'd be at risk of losing the coin toss and face a 15y unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.
Only the Raiders? What about the other team?

NateDrake

Saw this beauty of a comment on FB just now: "Why don't we pay the players a military salary and pay soldiers what the athletes get." Talk about missing the point.

Kusagari

So I went on one of the Facebook posts about this from an NFL team. In that post you had actual veterans commenting that they were fine with the protests and then people started attacking the veterans for having "disgusting" opinions.

These people don't give a damn about veterans. They just care about being able to use them as props to have the high ground against something they disagree with.

Not

Banned
So I went on one of the Facebook posts about this from an NFL team. In that post you had actual veterans commenting that they were fine with the protests and then people started attacking the veterans for having "disgusting" opinions.

These people don't give a damn about veterans. They just care about being able to use them as props to have the high ground against something they disagree with.

God. Facebook sounds like the lowest of the lowest of the low.

So, most humans, I guess :(

Slayven

always been that way

There are veterans on both sides of the issue. People are picking and choosing who they want to hold up as their idol based on whether it strengthens their position.

linkboy

Yep.

I wish I could drop those people in Afghanistan. Let them see what I went though for 6 months. Let them see the horrors of war. Let them have the feeling of not knowing if your friends and co-workers would make it back from a mission. The feeling of not knowing if your next step will be one that blows your leg off. Let them see death up front.

Fuck every single one of those people.

gatti-man

I've got to say I was against Kap kneeling because he said he didn't vote and all politicians are the same but this reaction players are getting from Trump and co prove everything Kap was saying is true. Everything he wanted to get out showed itself. This nation has a large section of people that refuse to see the reality that minorities are discriminated against every day.

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
They'd be pissed that soldiers get paid that much pretty quickly.

Not to mention their whole paycheck would need to be taken in taxes to even fund that.

The fraction of an optimist in me would love to believe people would get the point with a statement like this, but the overwhelming realist in me already knows that shitbags on the internet are already talking shit about this man.

Kusagari

Chiefs QB Alex Smith on President Trump's statement critical of National anthem protestors: "I find that very alarming… This is the same guy who couldn't condemn violent neo-Nazis but he's condemning guys that are taking a knee during the national anthem."

Alex spitting that truth.

Top Bottom