• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump's 2nd Nominee for Secretary of the Army withdraws

Wulfric

Next stop on the L train: Mark Green, who was nominated for Secretary of the Army has decided pull out of the nomination, after being lambasted for criticizing "federal attempts to bar discrimination against gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender people in workplaces and businesses."

"The selection of Mark E. Green, a former Army flight surgeon...would be a sharp U-turn in civilian leadership of the Army. The last Army secretary, Eric Fanning, was the first openly gay man to hold that post."

He had this to say when announcing his withdraw from consideration:
”Tragically, my life of public service and my Christian beliefs have been mischaracterized and attacked by a few on the other side of the aisle for political gain," Mr. Green said in the statement. ”While these false attacks have no bearing on the needs of the Army or my qualifications to serve, I believe it is critical to give the president the ability to move forward with his vision to restore our military to its rightful place in the world."

He was accused by the American Military Partner Association and other gay-rights advocacy groups of discriminating against L.G.B.T. individuals. Mr. Trump's first pick for the Army secretary, Vincent Viola, pulled out of consideration in February in the face of conflicts-of-interest concerns if he could not disentangle himself from his business ties.

He withdrew four weeks after being nominated for the position.

Withdraw announcement:https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/05/us/politics/mark-green-army-secretary-nominee-withdraws.html

Nomination announcement: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/07/...my-secretary-nominee-lgbt-criticism.html?_r=0

”Tragically, my life of public service and my Christian beliefs have been mischaracterized and attacked by a few on the other side of the aisle for political gain,"

Fuck off into the sun, kthx

The fragilest of snowflakes.

So is there some kind of record for having the executive operate at length at a certain percentage understaffed and is Trump near or past that mark?

”Tragically, my life of public service and my Christian beliefs have been mischaracterized and attacked by a few on the other side of the aisle for political gain," Mr. Green said in the statement. ”While these false attacks have no bearing on the needs of the Army or my qualifications to serve, I believe it is critical to give the president the ability to move forward with his vision to restore our military to its rightful place in the world."

You sponsored a law that was directed squarely at preventing the government from taking action against companies who discriminate against LGBT employees in their employee benefits offerings.

Like hell is this about your "Christian beliefs."

You sponsored a law that was directed squarely at preventing the government from taking action against companies who discriminate against LGBT employees in their employee benefits offerings.

Like hell is this about your "Christian beliefs."

I mean. That's how the right practices Christianity, down to the letter.

Top Bottom