• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Turning Folks Off to Nintendo, One Kid at a Time

So I took the daughter into Children's Hospital in Seattle for a check-up. On the 5th floor pediatric offices, they have a N64 set up for patients to play.

There was a kid there playing Mario 64 on it. He was roughly eight or so years of age.

I decide to strike up a conversation. "Whatcha playin?" I inquire in a genial tone.

"Mario 64" he says, his attention elsewhere.

"Mario?" I exclaim. "Aren't you a little OLD for that?"

"Uh," he says, looking away from the Dire Dire Docks, "I have a Gamecube at home."

"Does it have Grand Theft Auto?" I ask, my voice thick with patronization.

"No" he says.

I just snort in older person contempt.

So a minute later he sets down the controller, giving me a sad look.

Later, I whisper to him: "BUY A PS2."

The ONE CONSOLE WORLD AGENDA has claimed another convert.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
sad2.gif

Drinky Crow said:
So I took the daughter into Children's Hospital in Seattle for a check-up. On the 5th floor pediatric offices, they have a N64 set up for patients to play.

There was a kid there playing Mario 64 on it. He was roughly eight or so years of age.

I decide to strike up a conversation. "Whtacha playin?" I inquire in a genial tone.

"Uh," he says, looking away from the Dire Dire Docks, "I have a Gamecube at home."

"No" he says.

The ONCE CONSOLE WORLD AGENDA has claimed another convert.

You should have told him to buy 2 in case one ends up to die early.....

Speevy

Banned
Whisper to him "Xboxers really don't care now that their console has Grand Theft Auto, despite that fact that it's the PS2's biggest seller. Buy an Xbox, then Animal Crossing for your Cube. AIAS 2002 Game design winner."

Cradle of 3D platforming vs. Cradle of Pandering.

Drinky Crow said:
Ah, shit. After my wife found out what I did, I don't think I'm gonna get a chance to make another.

Tell her GAF made you do it. I mean, what else could drive you to taunt kids at a Children's hospital about not having M rated games?

Drinky Crow said:
Ah, shit. After my wife found out what I did, I don't think I'm gonna get a chance to make another.

d00d, just keep eating and hang in there - you'll make another shit eventually.

thom

Culex said:
You terrible, terrible person!

It was just a joke and a funny one at that.

Do you honestly think this swayed the kids opinion at all? The mildest repercussion will

be the child explaining to his parents that a long haired man smelling faintly of feet

condescendingly recommended a Playstation 2.

What's wrong with that?

Socreges

Banned
That was funny, but I'm beginning to get a little concerned. You (and a few others) seem to even bring up Nintendo frequently in the Off-Topic Forum during the most obscure moments. Frankly, it's troubling.

:(

AntoneM

waits for some one to say that they have Leukemia or their brother does and then we'll all feel bad except for the one ass clow who posts "Leukemowned!!" directly afterward.

Drinky Crow said:

I decide to strike up a conversation. "Whatcha playin?" I inquire in a genial tone.

"No" he says.

The ONE CONSOLE WORLD AGENDA has claimed another convert.

Where was Reggie when the kid needed him:b

Top Bottom