• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Turning Folks Off to Nintendo, One Kid at a Time

Shompola

Banned
max_cool said:
waits for some one to say that they have Leukemia or their brother does and then we'll all feel bad except for the one ass clow who posts "Leukemowned!!" directly afterward.

my 17 year old cousin died of leukema almost exactly a year ago. But honestly I don't mind drinky crow's dark humour so it's ok with me.

Chipopo

Banned
I think the fact that alot of people seem to be so entangled in your web of Forum Personality that they really believe your first post took place should be pretty sobering, Drinky.

Or amusing.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
awesome. next time you see a kid playing nintendo, make him question his gender identity. "hello little girl; what's that you're...oh i'm sorry! i saw you playing that gamecube and i just assumed!"

Mofo

Drinky Crow said:
Mofo, noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :(

Ok, you can keep it :) Although my wife now hates you - my new import PS2 is making me spend major dough on stupid, stupid things...

So far I've picked up:

Guitar Freak w/ 2 guitars
Para Para Paradise
Stepping Selection w/ 2 Pads (What the hell was I thinking?!)

AniHawk

I'm thinking about donating a PS2 with Xenogears, Xenosaga, and Kingdom Hearts on Drinky's behalf to the hospital.

you really should stop going to hospitals and whispering stuff in little kid's ears. People are going to think that you're a child molester.

Dude, I want to stomp on your skull till the juices flow out. But I won't because it's against the law. Instead I'll just bend you over my knee. And teach you a lesson. A lesson about how you never make a kid feel bad for playing Mario 64 or GameCube. Hehe. But damn I should've come up with a story like that only reversed systems.

Grubdog

Banned
What the fuck?

If Drinky Crow was pro Nintendo and saying the same stuff with the names switched, he'd be banned.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I remember when I used to load GAF and be able to read people like Folken.

I think now it just feels slimy around here >_>

Just as a refresher for everyone who's forgotten - or never learned - satire is taking something and examining it in a different and humorous context. Satire is not schadenfruede: pleasure derived from the misfortune of others. That's what you get on America's Funniest Home Video and reality television.

Kon Tiki

Banned
I think you guys are a little hard on DC. His daughter is terminally ill. In addition to that, due to neglect or incompetence on the parents side, she is left with only a PS2 to play at home.

Kaijima said:
Just as a refresher for everyone who's forgotten - or never learned - satire is taking something and examining it in a different and humorous context. Satire is not schadenfruede: pleasure derived from the misfortune of others. That's what you get on America's Funniest Home Video and reality television.

So, would making shit up to get fanboys riled up over nothing at all be classified as satire or schadenfreude?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
AniHawk said:
I'm thinking about donating a PS2 with Xenogears, Xenosaga, and Kingdom Hearts on Drinky's behalf to the hospital.

That would be nice. All the kids that can't use their arms will have a great time playing Xenosaga. :p

I joke, I joke...I actually like Xenosaga.

Keio

For a Finer World
I have cancer (luckily a usually curable form of lymphoma).

After a few visits to the cancer ward I decided to donate my spare gaming equipment there. It was well received.

It's a way to get more good karma and I recommend it to every one here. And donating PS2s might gain more converts, if that's your fancy.

Top Bottom