• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TV Line speculates that The Simpsons and Family Guy may be ending their runs on Fox to move to Disney+ and Hulu

ManaByte

Gold Member

Disney-owned The Simpsons, Family Guy and Bob’s Burgers were all renewed for two seasons back in January 2023, which guarantees their continued presence on Fox through the upcoming 2024-25 TV season. But all three 20th Television-produced shows come with hefty license fees attached, and the two oldest shows — The Simpsons and Family Guy, which are entering Seasons 36 and 23, respectively — appear to be anticipating a post-Fox future.

Over the weekend, at Disney’s annual D23 event, it was announced that four new episodes of The Simpsons — including a two-part Christmas episode — will be exclusive to Disney+. This followed previous news that Family Guy — which, for the first time ever, is being held by Fox for midseason — will produce two holiday specials for Hulu.

The article points out that The Simpsons is still the highest rated animated show Fox airs.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
The Simpsons should retire now, I like them but they are not like before... Lisa Simpson is my favorite character.

Family guy... I hate that show with my soul.

1hhv9m.jpg

Top Bottom