• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twisted Metal |OT| Don't Eat. Don't Sleep. Play

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I won't be able to play this game until/unless a CFW fix is released (I use it for region-free BD playback), but I'd like to take this moment to say that I love the pun-laden thread title.

Man this is the toughest wait I have had for a game in years. Maybe since World at War. Branched out in the demo and tried some other characters and that's what made me decide to purchase it day one. Then heard about the sniper rifle and instant head shots? Holy shit. Fire up the demo and uh... expired. Maybe the sudden lock out is adding to the anticipation. I wonder if any Gamestop's are doing midnight releases.

Killer

Banned
from Jaffe:

“@Falcon6669: http://twitgoo.com/5eerrs hahahaha sum1 fucked upNput this out 5 days b4 release.Only at K-Mart"Nice! Just please grab patchB4play!

img

I'm really curious as to how Diablo Pass works

DiabloPass.png

One single road doesn't look very interesting as a map, but I'm sure this map is interesting somehow because every other map in the game has phenomenal design.

Yet I wonder how this will work for Nuke. Every other map seems mostly symmetric (with only minor tweaks on each side) so to ensure both teams have equal opportunity to capture the leader and make it to the other end, but here - if we use the bridge as the mid section one side is clearly longer and missing a town at the end. And that then makes you wonder why they decided to include the river and all that extra water as part of the map layout, obviously these vehicles are car-boat hybrids a la SpyHunter, but how far off road will we be able to go?

From the website:
Destroy the following:
  • Overpasses
  • Suspension bridge
  • Gas station
  • Buildings in Mid-Point Town and Las Vegas

And watch out for the following:
  • Turrets on freeway overpasse

It'll either be really awesome or really lame.

Diablo Pass is clearly the "race" map like the freeway map from TM2. It's going to make for some hilarious straightaway/chase battles.

ElRenoRaven

Think we'll get skin modding tools prior to release?

I'm pumped for clan-GAF

David said in a tweet awhile ago that the tools should be up before release. So my guess would be Monday.

Diablo Pass is clearly the "race" map like the freeway map from TM2. It's going to make for some hilarious straightaway/chase battles.

Yup. If it's like the other ones with a more linear layout in past games it will be a fun map.

Unicorn

Should probably wait for the templates to release before you start?

I think it's going to be up on the Twisted Metal site within the next few days?

Yeah, obviously, I'm going to need dem templates. Then it's showtime.

I've got some skin ideas spinning already and was thinking of just using the GAF logo on the hood or something to identify our clan for my personal skin. If others would like some skins I'll probably throw some out there or perhaps help some out if they want partiulars.

Helscream

Banned
Yeah, obviously, I'm going to need dem templates. Then it's showtime.

I've got some skin ideas spinning already and was thinking of just using the GAF logo on the hood or something to identify our clan for my personal skin. If others would like some skins I'll probably throw some out there or perhaps help some out if they want partiulars.

It will be pretty sick though. Everyone running around blowing shit up with the NeoGaf logo on their vehicle.

Loofy

Was it ever said why the game is called Twisted Metal and not Twisted Metal # or TM:Revengence or something.

Ploid 3.0

I think after Twisted Metal 2 the new people making twisted metal screwed up the franchise a bit. When it went to PS2 with the original creators they rebooted Twisted Metal with black. Maybe this time it's another starting over and since it probably won't be a trilogy or anything they just make it plain Twisted Metal.

I just ordered mine (Netherlands) from videogamesplus.ca and apparently it already shipped.

Ordered from videogamesplus.ca quite a while ago ( I'm Dutch too ). Read a story on a Dutch forum that some people had to pay customs fees. What's up with that? I've never paid customs fees when I ordered from videogamesplus. Can you confirm this?

Bruiserk

Gonna go pre-order this today. Is the Axel pre-order bonus available at all retailers (BestBuy for example, which is where I will be ordering it at)?

Ordered from videogamesplus.ca quite a while ago ( I'm Dutch too ). Read a story on a Dutch forum that some people had to pay customs fees. What's up with that? I've never paid customs fees when I ordered from videogamesplus. Can you confirm this?
And it makes absolute sense. When you label something with a subtitle or a number it scares off new customers because they think they won't understand it without playing the previous ones. All the games you mentioned have no real connection to any other entries to that series so why not just name it what it is?

Gonna go pre-order this today. Is the Axel pre-order bonus available at all retailers (BestBuy for example, which is where I will be ordering it at)?
Yes sir.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Damn, my advance copy didn't show up today. Looks like it may be a good thing I kept that Amazon preorder, because I'm not waiting past Tuesday to play this game, lol.

Twisted Metal |OT| Flaming Chainsaw Reviews, A+ (reviews are for losers)
But when so many people are easily influenced by reviews which directly relates the game's longevity to the reviews scores it makes it something you take interest in even if you already committed to buying the game.

ElRenoRaven

DavidcottJaffe said:
Twisted Metal on top 10 on Amazon!!! Thank u all from all of us SO damn much!!!

Hmm. From 14th up to top 10 now. Number 9 and climbing to be exact. Guess those worrying about it were not the norm. Seems that if anything it's getting more popular.

Cactus

Banned
Hmm. From 14th up to top 10 now. Number 9 and climbing to be exact. Guess those worrying about it were not the norm. Seems that if anything it's getting more popular.

It's 2nd on amazon.ca too. I'm hoping this game really surprises a lot of people with its sales.

ElRenoRaven

It's 2nd on amazon.ca too. I'm hoping this game really surprises a lot of people with its sales.

WOW. 2nd. That's amazing. It's so weird. You're seeing more and more people going hey what's that Twisted Metal about? I checked out the demo and it was pretty fun. I really think the game is going to benefit from having had a demo. For all the past games demos weren't so easy to get. Now everyone can download them so easily. That's why post launch I'd love to see another demo released for the game. Hopefully a properly working one mind you. Won't happen but I can dream.

RagnarokX

But when so many people are easily influenced by reviews which directly relates the game's longevity to the reviews scores it makes it something you take interest in even if you already committed to buying the game.

"We have to wonder why certain cars like Reaper were included. It has ridiculously low armor and its chainsaw special doesn't do enough damage to be worth the cost. We have heard that in the future you will be able to upgrade to a flaming chainsaw but we were unable to unlock it. For some reason the game has the car from Ghostbusters, but instead of shooting ghosts it fires a man strapped to a hotel service cart, perhaps a reference to the Slimer scene? Weapons are hard to dodge, and a lack of a shield ability makes combat painfully difficult. We encountered a glitch on the New York level that made it hard to drive on the large white field thing. 5/10"

"We have to wonder why certain cars like Reaper were included. It has ridiculously low armor and its chainsaw special doesn't do enough damage to be worth the cost. We have heard that in the future you will be able to upgrade to a flaming chainsaw but we were unable to unlock it. For some reason the game has the car from Ghostbusters, but instead of shooting ghosts it fires a man strapped to a hotel service cart, perhaps a reference to the Slimer scene? Weapons are hard to dodge, and a lack of a shield ability makes combat painfully difficult. We encountered a glitch on the New York level that made it hard to drive on the large white field thing. 5/10"
I don't know whether to laugh at your extremely accurate impersonation or frown because it is an extremely accurate impersonation.

Second Opinion:

"GOD, the controls are DIFFERENT, what the EFF. 3.5/10"

Any chance this is coming out on the PSN soon? Id love to just have a digital copy.
I wish, I too would by a digital copy in a heartbeat over the physical copy, but they probably won't release TM for download until a month or so later and I'm definitely not waiting.

Top Bottom