• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twisted Metal |OT| Don't Eat. Don't Sleep. Play

Unicorn

We just started :(

Yeah, I got back in too late.
IMG_0128.jpg
But Slam is in DA HOUSE.

I tried making that Mad Max Roadkill for you, but FUCK were they lazy on layers for him. He's got the wire frame, base layer and a skin or two. Bare bones.

Rattles

Yeah, I got back in too late.

But Slam is in DA HOUSE.

I tried making that Mad Max Roadkill for you, but FUCK were they lazy on layers for him. He's got the wire frame, base layer and a skin or two. Bare bones.

ha well thanks for trying :(

Dat skin looks sexy in game :S

Wow tie!

Unicorn

DAT DNS. WTF was about to tear this guy apart. I grabbed him right at the start, unloaded shotgun sidearm, then turbo rammed him for 75, then unloaded all my stuff save my Shotty, he was trying to escape with a sliver of life. I see my freeze chasing him, and right before it hits, I get kicked. Woulda gone up casually and point blanked him.

:c

Rattles

DAT DNS. WTF was about to tear this guy apart. I grabbed him right at the start, unloaded shotgun sidearm, then turbo rammed him for 75, then unloaded all my stuff save my Shotty, he was trying to escape with a sliver of life. I see my freeze chasing him, and right before it hits, I get kicked. Woulda gone up casually and point blanked him.

:c

:( team LMS ain't for me.. I suck donkey balls at it.

Unicorn

:( team LMS ain't for me.. I suck donkey balls at it.

I do too. Earlier when I was playing I would be the only one to not die. Everyone uses up the lives and I'm left with my first stock. This time I just said "fuck it." Haha.

I just gotta figure out Road Boat. The grab seems so unreliable. I really don't think people should be able to pound out of it like freeze or even fucking shield when I got them. It's hard enough to get them pulled in without the short timeframe I have to grab them blowing up, let alone hoping I'm near somewhere to actually hurt them. I have to have someone braindead in order to actually throw them. I seem to charge the throw a 3rd of the way and they just pop off as if nothing happened.

BTW I'm trying again for the Mad Max skin. damn DNS crap is irritating.

I just can't figure out what to do with the bare metal parts. Colorizing them just makes them look baaad.

I think there is only like 3 of us posting in this thread :(

Anyway, I finally golded this fuckin shit.

I think the thread was sent to Community prematurely, especially considering it's about to be released in Europe.
Someone even asked me what happened to the thread in a game room lol

Also, congrats. Now you can see that Warthog sucks and wasn't even worth the trouble. lol

Unicorn

Aww wow thats awesome! Your gonna make me get back on even after playing allday :D

Yeah, I can't believe the day is already over. Had some good games though; still feel like I'm in a slump though.

That skin took way too long to do just because they upped a lazy version of the .psd. I refuse to believe that is how it was created, all in one fucking layer. Dear lord almighty.

I really like this game but it's difficult to get back to it after SSX and Mass Effect 3 were released. Sucks that Q1 has become so crowded. I'll definitely get back to TM in the next week or so I think.

Helscream

Banned
Well I haven't played enough today to really test if the network connectivity has improved. But son of a fucking bitch with these hardlocks and freeze's. Fuck froze twice on me and crashed on me when I was in the lobby with Yagya. Not to brag, but I am getting a bit bored not being able to team up with other players. In terms of solo play I pretty much have everything taken care of. Rarely I will join a game where players will actually run to the health bomb when trying to heal them, but that is few and far between. I am in some dire desperation for some serious teamwork here. Hopefully that patch, if it does come is not too far away.

cyrax

Neo Member
So what's the gaf MP activity like? I enjoy MP more when I have a group of friends that play together. I've not gotten too serious with TM, playing most nights for a half hour (in games), so I'm just about to hit Tier 2.

A week ago someone randomly invited me into a clan, and I accept for the hell of it, but I've seen no activity. What's a guy gotta do get have more fun around here?

Rattles

Want to play some more but just too tired :(

Went on before too check out the Mad max skin "badass btw" And holy fuck! my skill rating is down too 4.6 or something... Fucking Lms pos.

Tizoc

I hope you don't mind me asking this question, but for those that got the EU version of Twisted Metal, have you tried out TM Black? Any differences noticed between it and the one you could get off US PSN?

KuroNeeko

Yeah, I'm still playing but frequent network problems have killed off my Twisted Boner a long time ago.

Looking at my Friends' stats it looks like a lot of you guys aren't playing that much either. Tokubetsu only has like 5 hours on the game. :/

Trying to get some Road Boat action but lack of the turbo slam hurts. Also, like Unicorn mentioned seems like the second you grab someone they just shield out. So depressing. :(

I like Kamikaze too but since she has such low armor, everyone gets hyper aggressive with her, even if I get them low on health. Ending up dying all the time. I've been having the best luck with Vermin so far.

I've been having the best luck with Vermin so far.

Damn, I'm freakin terrible with Vermin. Can't play well as him at all, and I can't understand how anyone can unless they camp somewhere up high (which I have seen people doing). His alt special has like a one foot explosive radius and I can't stand the 5 second fade out once it explodes. Why isn't it instantaneous like Meat Wagon's alt special? Bah!

But yeah, my skill rating took a serious beating yesterday. Was trying to get 50 kills with every car, went from 99.8 to the mid 80's. lol

Oh, and I also ran into the #1 on the leaderboards. He was a Reaper master but he hid quite a lot and was rarely in actual battle.

So after finishing the SP and watching the credits
They sure leave a lot open even going as far as to say Sweet tooth would be back for the fight of his life
Is Jaffe still around? Just curious to see if there is a planned sequel.

Unicorn

I feel lack of motivation to play without GAF friends on, especially if we can't be on the same team. Had an interesting match of Diablo Pass. Chucking everyone off a ledge. Haha.

Unicorn

Im on in 10min :D

Aight. Tested the supposed "updated skin uploading" that said would increase quality of skins of newly added stuff.

it does not.

in the room now.

FUCK THIS TALON. FUCK HIM. I like how halfway through we all stopped fighting each other and just tried to kill him. He had 15 kills and we all had 17 deaths combined.

Rattles

I didn't, Intresting that the host didn't hmm.

Also trying to get into nukers game, Who ever is in that one.

And yea! fuck talon!! piece of shit. Games just not fun at all with one in the room. Serious who tested this fucking game?

Unicorn

Nuke games are so looooong.

lol, I guess one of you guys left that room because Talon was in there. haha I left too. Not in the mood for that shit.

wow. That guy switches from Talon to Sweet Tooth. Classy.

Rawker

it seems like the most recent patch has caused me to sometimes not be able to pickup weapons. i drive over them, they disappear, the announcer tells me i picked it up and it flashes on the weapon bay but then it disappears and then respawns in the the map like 2 seconds later. it's not lag that's causing it and my weapon bay isn't full.

btw if anyone wants to add me my psn is rawkerone, i play most nights from about 9 est to 1130.

wcw

Neo Member
Wasn't there a patch out recently to supposedly fix the online issues as well as to "balance" Talon?

What happened to that patch?

The patch came out, and it seemed to fix a lot of the issues with the online. Although its not perfect it seems to be more than playable. The balancing issues with Talon will likely be addressed with future balancing patches.

Wasn't there a patch out recently to supposedly fix the online issues as well as to "balance" Talon?

What happened to that patch?

I guess it did wonders for some, doesn't seem to have changed anything for others. For example I still can't join a game without it being a pain in the ass. It does seem to have drastically reduced the number of lobbies crashing.

BHK3

Banned
I knew that I would one day die because of the retarded decision to change your camera when you pick up a faction leader

and It happened today, and I'm fucking pissed.

Do we get Axel this week or next?
I think next week. But a DLC character for a broken online game? I have a feeling this is gonna cause more issues.

So I guess Twisted Metal is just having it's period or something, same spot, same faction leader and the camera goes under the map and I can't move or shoot. Then I got the faction leader 3 more times at the different launcher and it launches and explodes on the ceiling, I even killed Rattles!

Rattles

So I guess Twisted Metal is just having it's period or something, same spot, same faction leader and the camera goes under the map and I can't move or shoot. Then I got the faction leader 3 more times at the different launcher and it launches and explodes on the ceiling, I even killed Rattles!

Hehe yea I was on the roof lol.

We could've maybe pulled that last game off.. But a bloody Talon shot down me nuke!

Sooo ummm... what are people's favorite maps?

Unicorn

what are people's favorite maps?

I'm rather fond of Ghost Town Gulch.

I did like Metro Square a lot, but I dunno. Compared to the slums or w/e of Diesel city, the verticality is sort of non-existent. Just the subway system stands out. No one would bother with the ice rink because it is impossible to move. (Also, I seem to be the only one that bothers getting to the top of the museum. I go up there to snipe sometimes because I know I can get away with it for ~5 minutes before I get bored.)

I hate black rock stadium. I hate Diablo Pass. I hate Sunsprings if Talon is there.

LA Skyline is just flat broken with a Talon present.

Unicorn

Ooo yea, It's a fun little map perfect for 8 or less players. They could delete the rest of it and I wouldn't give a shit.

Yeah, it gives me hope if they were to make retro levels DLC the size wouldn't really affect gameplay. I think they would need to scale them up a bit, but that's it. Layout wise, I think they would transition nicely. Not to say that I wouldn't want original content, because I definitely would.

Top Bottom