• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twisted Metal |OT| Don't Eat. Don't Sleep. Play

Rattles

Anyone else getting booted after they start their second match in a server because twisted metal says your Internet ducks? So annoying.

First week or so I could get in 3 or 4 but yea now its down to 2 like the demo days :(

Yeah, "you feel you can say that word all you want, but if a white person says it you'll get pissed off. Don't use that language in front of my daughter. I'll turn that off right now!"

"SHUUUUUUT UUUUUUP!!" Then countless n-word drops.

shortly after, everyone is booted. I guess he was host and she had heard enough.
Was a shame, That was the most enjoyable match in awhile.

Rawker

wtf? ducks? this is starting to get worse and worse. from a total of 2 hours with my system on i played 4 games, which works out to 40 min. of playtime out of a possible 120 min. i don't understand how a product can be out now for like a month (including demo) and it's online abilities which were it's primary focus for development are fubar and getting worse by the day.

rCIZZLE

Ya I'm done waiting on this to get fixed. Even releasing in this condition AT ALL should be unacceptable. It still being broken is completely fucked up. Such a shame... I was really looking forward to this game but I'm not waiting forever. Going to trade this in to gamestop before that deal expires. If they can prove it's 100% fixed then I'll rebuy it used.

ElRenoRaven

Man. Nothing like first night back playing after taking about 4 days off. Needless to say I now totally see how more then one talon in a game totally screws it over. More so when it's a low player count game.

Needless to say throw me into the group that is now firmly anti talon.

Himself

Ya I'm done waiting on this to get fixed. Even releasing in this condition AT ALL should be unacceptable. It still being broken is completely fucked up. Such a shame... I was really looking forward to this game but I'm not waiting forever. Going to trade this in to gamestop before that deal expires. If they can prove it's 100% fixed then I'll rebuy it used.

What is this game stop deal you speak of?

I think its just broken. Let this be a lesson for devs (Looking at you 343)Beta's are important. Starhawk has been running a beta for months now.

I am the biggest TM fan in the world but I think I am trading this in. If they get it fixed I will get is used. Such a shame, I hope Jaffe makes another one on the PS4. Im sure they learned a lot of things not to do in the release of this game.

Thank you!!

edit:

From @davidscottjaffe twitter:

AT THE MOMENT, team is TRYING to get it done for Friday nite but there is NO GUARANTEE. But that's the hope for sure. Will keep twitter folk informed as soon as I know for sure. Sorry for lack of info on it, just wanna be 100% sure.

Keep your fingers crossed!

Helscream

Banned
Man. Nothing like first night back playing after taking about 4 days off. Needless to say I now totally see how more then one talon in a game totally screws it over. More so when it's a low player count game.

Indeed Talon can be a pain in the ass, but I am starting to become convinced that Sweet Tooth is a good counter to Talon. This of course is circumstantial considering that you really need mega gun bullets to make it effective. I was playing Nuke on Sunsprings, CA. I basically would go and round up some mega gun bullets then hunt down the Talon player on the other team who kept grabbing the faction leader. With the machine gun's having more accuracy in Sweet Bot mode I was able to rip that dude apart most of the time. Depending on the situation I would make him waste his shield then freeze'em. But without the mega gun bullets It would have been a lot more difficult. I would use the downgraded laughing death to help wear Talon down, but 20 points is pretty weak. I wouldn't say the people I played against were genius. But the few players I did try it on was effective. You just need to know where the mega gun bullets spawn.

ElRenoRaven

Indeed Talon can be a pain in the ass, but I am starting to become convinced that Sweet Tooth is a good counter to Talon. This of course is circumstantial considering that you really need mega gun bullets to make it effective. I was playing Nuke on Sunsprings, CA. I basically would go and round up some mega gun bullets then hunt down the Talon player on the other team who kept grabbing the faction leader. With the machine gun's having more accuracy in Sweet Bot mode I was able to rip that dude apart most of the time. Depending on the situation I would make him waste his shield then freeze'em. But without the mega gun bullets It would have been a lot more difficult. I would use the downgraded laughing death to help wear Talon down, but 20 points is pretty weak. I wouldn't say the people I played against were genius. But the few players I did try it on was effective. You just need to know where the mega gun bullets spawn.

Yea laughing Dearth really does hit like a wet noodle. Considering it can be shot down I feel that it should hit for more. I just unlocked Tooth tonight too. I hate the controls airborne though just like I hate Talon's controls. If I could invert my right stick which controls my height I'd be ok but I can't. No matter the setting up is up and down is down. I prefer inverted for flight. So I'd have up to lower and right to raise altitude if I could.

And yea I have to agree that at this point the game being this broken still is total bullshit. I also have no doubt that it's hurt the game and franchise as a result. It really sucks too because after this I sure as hell don't see DLC or another for many many years to come if at all. I won't sell it though like others because I love the franchise and played the others offline for years before Black. Hence if the online is never fixed and dies in the future I will still enjoy it. Also I've been lucky in that since last week I've been one of the lucky ones that have had good connections and fewer network errors. I average 1 to 2 errors in a 2 hour period of play and maybe 1 or 2 dropped games too. That's a lot better then a lot of people have it with the game.

ElRenoRaven

Oh wow we are. We'll be ok. I really think that most of the Europeans that wanted it probably imported and with the news of the server issues I doubt many will be picking it up to be honest which is a sad thing.

NHale

Oh wow we are. We'll be ok. I really think that most of the Europeans that wanted it probably imported and with the news of the server issues I doubt many will be picking it up to be honest which is a sad thing.

And they also chose to release the game in the same day as Mass Effect 3 and SFxTekken. Great job SCEE!

I went from preorder, to import, to wait for European release and now I'm probably going to wait for a price drop. The game will definitely be a huge sales flop, so I guess it will drop in less than 2 weeks...

So apparently there is a glitch/cheat that allows you to have infinite weapony and ammo for story mode

Info can befound here http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997850-twisted-metal/62143278

Though it appears that the bots will have infinite weapons and ammo as well

Tried it and it works and apparently people have used it to rank high on the online boards as you'll see some of the missions were completed in about 1 minute. Wonder if they'll patch it out now.

Trying to beat the first Sweet Tooth race on Twisted. So fuckin cheap. What were these guys thinking?

Lets races but the cpu AI will only try to target you and ram you repeatedly so you cant drive. FUN!

mattp

why didn't anyone tell me how fucking annoying the
iron maiden fight is when she has the self destruct field around her
ugh

iron maiden fight nis when she has the self destruct field around her
ugh

Dude, this entire SP is piss poor. I love this series but I dont know how the fuck they released this game like this. Then they make a MP unlock only obtainable if you beat the sp under time limits. This has to be like in the top 5 cheapest ai's I have ever played against.

and fuck this dollface race. seriously. Who thought falling off buildings in a race was fun.

mattp

honestly I've had a good time with the single player up until that point.I'm on doll faces story now but I stopped playing for a bit

Unicorn

Dude, this entire SP is piss poor. I love this series but I dont know how the fuck they released this game like this. Then they make a MP unlock only obtainable if you beat the sp under time limits. This has to be like in the top 5 cheapest ai's I have ever played against.

and fuck this dollface race. seriously. Who thought falling off buildings in a race was fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZQOwNFe6sQ

as bullshit as it is, and after you get all the checkpoints, I eventually memorized it and actually learned the layout of Diesel City better, so getting to the rooftops is a lot easier, since I know a couple paths.

Did it with Roadkill on Normal, but hopefully Twisted doesn't make it horseshit hard. I did the first race on Twisted and beat it for Gold on the first try...

I LOL'ed a lot during that youtube video though. Able to relate, for sure.

Rattles

Anything less than 8 people in a nuke game should only have 1 faction leader...

To my next problem. Wtf was the point in having Ranked and unranked?? It should just track all stats nothing more, No one cares if some jackoff is just going to boost. In the end they just look like a douchebag like a few of the players on the leader boards now.

cametall

iron maiden fight is when she has the self destruct field around her
ugh

I was able to do that part easily with Sweet Tooth's vehicle. Laughing Death has homing plus 40 damage and the truck is just fast enough to keep up with Iron Maiden's movement.

Helscream

Banned
Anything less than 8 people in a nuke game should only have 1 faction leader...

To my next problem. Wtf was the point in having Ranked and unranked?? It should just track all stats nothing more, No one cares if some jackoff is just going to boost. In the end they just look like a douchebag like a few of the players on the leader boards now.

Most of those guys are really lame players anyways. I think I ran into Hodson15 a while back. I am not sure what rank he is now, but the guy kept spamming laughing death. So I started using napalm to kill it off before it could reach me. Then after I killed him with a Turbo dash+power missile dude picked Talon of course. But the more I play with Sweet Tooth the less Talon becomes a issue. Literally once you get the 5 killstreak and the red mega gun bullets you can shred them in sweet bot mode.

Boosting is always going to be a bullshit issue. But you can easily tell when you look at the all-time experience gain to give you an idea who is boosting and who isn't. I ran into Andy_French one game, but I got disconnected before it started. How I would have loved to go toe-2-toe with that guy.

Whenever party's are able to TEAM UP and not get divided hopefully Gaf can get together and do some rape. I would like to say I know how to handle the Juggernaut really well and staying alive in most levels. With a Junkyard Dog or 2 out on the field we would be untouchable. But we will have to wait for that patch to come if it does. All the teamwork that this game has available won't even be touched till clan-mates and parties stay teamed up during ranked games.

cametall

I ran into Andy_French one game, but I got disconnected before it started. How I would have loved to go toe-2-toe with that guy.

I played against him in TDM once or twice. He just picks Reaper and sits in a corner freezing + flame chainsawing you.

I specifically remember him sitting behind the movie theatre in Sunsprings and NEVER leaving that area. He went like 20-0 or 20-1 something crazy like that.

I played against someone a day or so ago who went like 22-0 with Juggernaut and Talon (I only play ranked). They got maybe 1 kill off of me because they were acting like a damn vulture with Talon, got me when I had very little HP. But my entire stupid team would charge at him when he was playing Juggernaut.... I cried a little.

Unicorn

I played Andy_French a week or so ago. He was playing as Reaper, just flaming chainsaw freeze combo. He didn't seem super great at the time, I took him down a few time, then saw the results and he still had the most kills, but almost all his deaths were from me and one other person.

Endo Punk

So Im gonna pick up TM tomorrow and I need your honest opinion. Is the online play decent? I mean will I get into matches most of the time or not like in the demo version? Based on this I'll decide to get it or put it off for a week or two.

cametall

So Im gonna pick up TM tomorrow and I need your honest opinion. Is the online play decent? I mean will I get into matches most of the time or not like in the demo version? Based on this I'll decide to get it or put it off for a week or two.

It's hit or miss. Sometimes I can stay in a single match for a long time and change to other servers without much of a problem. Then I get that first network error and it all goes to hell from there.

It really comes down to how much you loved the online play. I love it so I continue to punish and frustrate myself just to get one match in over a period of an hour. I'm like a sick junkie.

The worst is when I am dominating a match and I get booted 3/4s of the way through.

Endo Punk

It's hit or miss. Sometimes I can stay in a single match for a long time and change to other servers without much of a problem. Then I get that first network error and it all goes to hell from there.

It really comes down to how much you loved the online play. I love it so I continue to punish and frustrate myself just to get one match in over a period of an hour. I'm like a sick junkie.

The worst is when I am dominating a match and I get booted 3/4s of the way through.

Hmm doesn't sound good. As much as I enjoyed the demo I am not willing to frustrate myself. And is it me or does it seem like the community, or at least on Gaf is losing hope/dieing due to so many bugs?

I wish ESP did a beta once the game was delayed last year, perfect oppertunity to get the game running well for launch. Sigh. Well I guess I can give it another week and play UC3 MP in the mean time.

For all the talk Jaffe made about hating patches there sure have been a lot for TM.

Seems like every time I get into a good game with enjoyable people, it lasts one game and then everyone is disconnected. I wish there was a way to see how close you are to the All Sales trophy. As soon as I platinum this bitch it's going on Craigslist. Gonna be a pain in the ass to grind for that 100 missiles one. Anyone get that one yet? I am there on sniper, homing, and need like 13 more fire. I'm in the high 30's on the stalker, power, and whatever the last one is.

Unicorn

Moment of truth is this weekend. If the patch hits tonight, we'll know if MP is fixed or not. If it isn't after this coming patch, I think A LOT of people will bail out. I'm one of those that will punish myself. Quick Match never works for me. Browsing is quicker, and i'd say 80% I find a room to get in. Gotta join the 4/14 games. Any higher and it seems people flood in and cause errors because it is full.

cametall

Hmm doesn't sound good. As much as I enjoyed the demo I am not willing to frustrate myself. And is it me or does it seem like the community, or at least on Gaf is losing hope/dieing due to so many bugs?

I wish ESP did a beta once the game was delayed last year, perfect oppertunity to get the game running well for launch. Sigh. Well I guess I can give it another week and play UC3 MP in the mean time.

For all the talk Jaffe made about hating patches there sure have been a lot for TM.

This thread has definetely slowed down so the game is probably losing quite a bit of steam. I'm also reocgonizing names online that I have played against before, but that is just once in a while.

When every match I join has Andy_French in it I will know the game is in trouble.

EDIT: I don't know about others but I'm of the mind that I would prefer devs release many small patches with bug fixes instead of saving all the fixes for one big patch 2 weeks down the road.

I think that the more time passes with bugs on the loose the more of your audience you lose. So delays like this recent one (a week long, after many weeks of waiting in the first place) will bleed your game of players.

EDIT #2: Jaffe just said on Twitter that the patch goes live tonight. I'm at work so I can't link it here (yay smart phone).

Rattles

Got this with my pal version.
lltmc.jpg

back
d6Lqk.jpg

RagnarokX

I'd say mp is almost fixed as it is. It's nowhere near as bad as at launch. Mainly need to fix disconnects/crashes, but at least I can play several games in a row now.

Unicorn

Don't delete your game data thinking it will improve online (lol).

from David's Twitter:
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/gbfqr2
Hey- patch still coming but read this please! :) Just got this from super star QA lead Bill in the SDQA department. Pretty crucial:

BILL SEZ: We noticed there's a lot of people on message boards who are deleting their game data if they lock or run into any problems because someone had suggested it on the forum. It's a really bad idea though because it resets your stats and in this case, resets your trophy progress. So just in case you get any questions as to why a trophy isn't unlocking, I figure you can give them a heads up to not take that advice.

Bill speaks da truths! Heed him! :) And thanks Bill!

David

EDIT

PATCH IS NOW LIVE

Top Bottom