• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

Zabant

FmtSaMY.jpg

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
The moon stone pictures of this are gold. I hope it spawns a multitude of other weirdness, like a picture for using the masterball on whatever its used on or throwing away the TM :p

PsionBolt

This is the most amazing thing.

We made it to the pokemon center! Just talk to the lady! We're so close!
STOP PRESSING START AH

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
They're never going to beat the third gym are they?

"Nope, there's only trash in here"

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...

I am positive that this crazy mass of monkeys can do ANYTHING.

They will likely have a lvl 90+ pkm in the end, but they'll force through.

Toma

They'll get trapped in Team Rocket's hide out. with the conveyor belts and whatnot.

They'll overcome everything. The ultimate tale of people achieving the impossible... despite each other.

Toma

It's five in the freaking morning here, and I'm still up watching this terrible, yet amazing stream. Thanks internet.

I put the stream on my TV via PS4 and watch it in the background all the time.

I wonder how they managed to use the Bide TM...

Rock tunnel should be even funner than usual.

I'm surprised the stream has not got a subscribe option yet (maybe limit number of subscribers if possible). It would be interesting to see if more or the same progress gets made if comments go into subscribe only mode.

Toma

I want this chat to try and raise/evolve a Magikarp.

Haha... watching this is actually hilarious. Twitch is good at running from battles.

(edit) just did a test, streamlag is at 26 seconds from when I typed and when it appeared. So yeah... how the hell did they beat a gym?

harmonize

It'll be incredible watching these people try to traverse the Safari Zone like this; I'd imagine it'll be where the run end, if they even get that far.

Toma

Pidgeys defense fell! Pidgeys defense fell! Pidgeys defense fell! ABBBBBBK C died.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
The more people that see this, the less progress will be made. An awesome idea nonetheless. Is the chat in slow mode? That might help.

upandaway

There will be functionally no difference between how they play through it and how 1 person plays through it. That gym was made for this setup. It's like it was originally designed with this very purpose in mind.

Toma

Imagine the Troll Face of the guy shutting down the server with the emulator right before the Elite 4 after months of working on getting there.

Though I am not sure it might take that long. As soon as they have one pokemon ~25 level above the average, they might actually go through most parts rather quickly.

The only big problem I'm currently seeing is that there are a lot of start/select trolls that are basically killing any possible progress since people have to spam B to counter it versus making moves. Good Job gaf, you both introduced me to this and killed it!

Toma

The only big problem I'm currently seeing is that there are a lot of start/select trolls that are basically killing any possible progress since people have to spam B to counter it versus making moves. Good Job gaf, you both introduced me to this and killed it!

Nah, reddit are bringing in the trolls. We are just standing at the sidelines, pointing fingers :p

trixx

yeah its very annoying after a while

Wow, I was away for nearly 5 hours and they managed to get to Cerulean City, I really didn't think they would ever be able to get through Mt. Moon.

Toma

Not sure why they are even bothering trying to up items, they are going to be randomly thrown away/used in batte anyway.

Toma

It takes them hours to make any progress, let them have their small victories.

*cheers for the team*

I just envisioned a comic about walking past an item, stopping and thinking they might have missed something, going back and walking right past the huge item ball again.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
Oh god this is... Oh god.
I spent 10 minutes watching these people trying to get that item. And I'm not going to stop.

Top Bottom