• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft - Diversity and Inclusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

MMaRsu

I don't know why Ubisoft wants to pretend their shit isn't political and they aren't all about diversity and inclusion.
From the past few years these articles are all the proof you need. This is all on their own website.

• Creating inclusive systems and tools is key and we are taking steps to make sure our workplace is welcoming for all. In 2021, we expanded gender fields in our internal system to be more inclusive and added pronouns to our intranet. In 2022 and beyond, we will continue to build more inclusion for our non-binary and gender non-conforming team members as well as all our colleagues from underrepresented groups.
  • In addition to gathering feedback from employee volunteers, we are embedding diversity and inclusion frameworks in our creative and production processes to ensure it is a priority that our worldwide teams work toward together. To accelerate these efforts, we have partnered with our Brand and Portfolio Management team to create an Inclusive Games and Content team. This team will lead our efforts to ensure that diversity and inclusion are at the center of our games and will help include diverse perspectives at all stages of the development process.

Want a mentorship program at Ubisoft? Only women and nonbinary folks get to enter! TOO BAD CIS WHITE MALE, YOU CUCK

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA

To be eligible you must :

• Identify as a woman or a non-binary individual

For Ubisoft, putting diversity and inclusion at the heart of everything we do means providing an environment where employees can thrive, building open-minded communities where players can connect, and creating games that reflect the diversity of the world we live in.

Content​

We will create gaming experiences that push representation forward by embedding diversity and inclusion across our processes, increasing representation in our teams, and offering access to resources that help teams to build more authentic inclusive, and accessible gaming experiences.

So why is Yves Guillemot pretending they aren't about making a political message?

Ubisoft CEO: Our goal is to provoke thought, not to make political statements

College Accuse GIF
@Yves Guillemot

HL3.exe

Their shit isn't.

It's the most toothless storytelling in all of gaming. Just some aesthetics like they pretend to be saying something, but it's all vapid. The conversation mainly cut down by childlike dumbfucks online crying about "gEt poLitiCs oUt Of mY VidEo gAmeS" when they see a pride flag in their game and get triggered like some soy cuck.

Last edited:

MMaRsu

Their shit isn't.

It's the most toothless storytelling in all of gaming. Just some aesthetics like they pretend to be saying something, but it's all vapid. The conversation mainly cut down by childlike dumbfucks online crying about "gEt poLitiCs oUt Of mY VidEo gAmeS" when they see a pride flag in their game and get triggered like some soy cuck.

Pretty sure the games have all been toothless, zero edge, zero sexyness to anyone.

HL3.exe

Pretty sure the games have all been toothless, zero edge, zero sexyness to anyone.
That's what I'm saying. I think the last Ubi games that actually engaged in political subject matter where probably Splinter Cell Chaos Theory and Far Cry 2. The rest is merely window dressing which is gross.

It was probably over for Ubisoft the moment they had that metoo workplace scandal thing. They were always going to have to roll over for the DEI machine after that. Same thing happened to Rocksteady between Arkham Knight and Suicide Squad.

Who fucking caaaaaaares.

I don't care if the protagonist is a straight white male, a black lesbian, a dolphin on a unicycle. I don't care if it lets me choose their pronouns (if you have such a problem with it just choose 'he/him' and get on with the game).

All that matters to me is whether the game is fun. People take this shit far too seriously and take it as a personal affront to their very existence if a game isn't made with their exact beliefs in mind.

GymWolf

Gold Member
Even more hilarious when you think that all this performative bullshit is being done to make people forget the heavy sexual scadals they had in the past.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Their shit isn't.

Yes that's tottaly what it is... oh wait what's this.

RsFsOJC.jpeg

From the odyssey discovery tour, ya know the part they sell to schools as an educational tools for kids. Na it's just overblown, no politics of meaning in ubisoft games just ya know rewriting history and selling it to schools. Ya get it from Ubisofts "behind the scenes" section, Its presented as seen here to the kids normally without the context, very cool.

As you can see they use this as "an example" of the changes made to the tour to be more inclusive, the thing they sell to schools to teach kids history, that thing.

Last edited:

Vlodril

RsFsOJC.jpeg

From the odyssey discovery tour, ya know the part they sell to schools as an educational tools for kids. Na it's just overblown, no politics of meaning in ubisoft games just ya know rewriting history and selling it to schools. You only see this if you pick the behind the scenes features, its presented as seen here to the kids normally without the context, very cool.

Surely that is not real.. (i keep saying living in vain hope).

GymWolf

Gold Member

RsFsOJC.jpeg

From the odyssey discovery tour, ya know the part they sell to schools as an educational tools for kids. Na it's just overblown, no politics of meaning in ubisoft games just ya know rewriting history and selling it to schools. You only see this if you pick the behind the scenes features, its presented as seen here to the kids normally without the context, very cool.

As you can see they use this as "an example" of the changes made to the tour to be more inclusive, the thing they sell to schools to teach kids history, that thing.
That is fake right?!

HL3.exe

RsFsOJC.jpeg

Dawg, if you're afraid sociological development in the world, i'm not sure what to tell you.

They explicitly gave the disclaimer "this is not how it was". It the most milk toast argument, but you do you, king. Stick 'm to those wokies.

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Dawg, if you're afraid sociological development in the world, i'm not sure what to tell you.

They explicitly gave the disclaimer "this is not how it was". It the most milk toast argument, but you do you, king. Stick 'm to those wokies.

I am pointing out they use this as "behind the scene" section that shows they prioritise by their own admittance "inclusive gameplay" in the discovery tour vs the actual history.

That means the rest of the tour prioritises this inclusive gameplay, they just don't tell you for the rest of it.

The whole reason they have political fluff that feels shit is because of this mindset, its why The Black Egyptian Hypothisis was the base history of origins, despite being essentially made up.

AC is a fantasy game, but it's funny how all the insane shit with inaccuracy started on the entry they started selling to schools as an educational tool, which by their own admittance they make changes to for inclusivity.

Last edited:

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
This isn't just Ubisoft of course, this politicized shit has infiltrated the whole games industry.

R3TRODYCE

Who fucking caaaaaaares.

I don't care if the protagonist is a straight white male, a black lesbian, a dolphin on a unicycle. I don't care if it lets me choose their pronouns (if you have such a problem with it just choose 'he/him' and get on with the game).

All that matters to me is whether the game is fun. People take this shit far too seriously and take it as a personal affront to their very existence if a game isn't made with their exact beliefs in mind.
Well said.

The internet has really done a number on people.

MMaRsu

Who fucking caaaaaaares.

Pretty sure most of their games have been mediocre these last few years, with exception in Prince of Persia.
I also don't care about most of that stuff you posted. However, Ubisoft has not written a good character in years.

And what my gripe is, that they pretend they aren't about inclusivity and diversity, when their website paints an entirely different picture.

Last edited:
The Nazis were provoking thoughts left and right couple decades ago. In fact, they provoked them so hard, they got a mandate from the German public to keep provoking thoughts indefinitely in 1933.

HL3.exe

I am pointing out they use this as "behind the scene" section that shows they prioritise by their own admittance "inclusive gameplay" in the discovery tour vs the actual history.

That means the rest of the tour prioritises this inclusive gameplay, they just don't tell you for the rest of it.

The whole reason they have political fluff that feels shit is because of this mindset, its why The Black Egypition hypothisis was the base history of origins, despite being essentially made up.

AC is a fantasy game, but it's funny how all the insane shit with inaccuracy started on the entry they started selling to schools as an educational tool, which by their own admittance they make changes to for inclusivity.
Gotya, It's vapid indeed. But not really that big of a deal, at least from where I'm standing. Especially with the disclaimers, otherwise it would be disingenuous.

Far Cry 5's depiction of the Waco cult and then saying nothing of substance about how these extremist thoughts develop within a liberal sociality, and just tell this fantasy story about fantasy drugs is just beyond cringe. That the 'toothless' bit within Ubisoft I'm referring too.

Just skinning the aesthetic of real world events without understanding the meaning and substance.

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Just skinning the aesthetic of real world events without understanding the meaning and substance.

It's funny how accurately this describes the Japanese reaction to Shadows. Ubisoft displaying things without the knowledge of how significant that thing is.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom