• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft E3 Lineup - Rayman to be Wii launch title, first pic

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
Mrbob said:
It is a combination of everything! :lol

Ok then. It's just a WTF reaction seemed really strange to me as it's the last thing I was thinking, but I guess I'm in the minority on this one. To me it sounds fun, the graphics are fine (though for those still expecting a bigger leap I'm sure a disappointment), the style amuses me (particularly the bunnies) and only the horrible kids playing pic lets it down.

*sits in corner alone, waving Rayman flag*

Dragmire

Sho Nuff said:
Dude

Those bunnies look like SHIT
Are you talking about the poly count or the design? I like the design. Very Schafer-esque. Off the wall and a little twisted. But actually, the pink Rayman doesn't do it for me now that I look at it again.

Amir0x

Banned
moku said:
I just dont get it anymore. If its JUST the wiimote+craptacualr graphics,why not DO BOTH?

*profit profit profit profit*

Years later on GAF ->

"Nintendo makes a profit, what about Microsoft's Game Division huh!?"

Mama Smurf said:
the graphics are fine (though for those still expecting a bigger leap I'm sure a disappointment)

Right, because there is absolutely no leap at all in this pic. It IS, essentially, an average Xbox game. And that's being generous.

I mean I guess if that's what you were willing to settle for or "expected" then it didn't matter since Wii could not have any technological enhancements and you'd be pleased.

lancubap said:
Oh my God. I am dying laughing !!! :lol
Sure this Pre-E3 is the most amusing in history !! And Wii is the core of this amusement !! :lol

:lol :lol Oh my God. It is too much for my poor heart !!!!

Seriously. Does anyone realize how many people have seen coverage of the Wii? People who I haven't talked to about videogames ever are chiming in after hearing things. Nintendo simply could not ask for more marketing gold, even if people are crying their eyes laughing at some of this shit. And this image might do it again. :lol

I love E3. Its just like Christmas.

Row

Banned
:Motorbass said:
ubisoft.jpg

fixed.

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Xristot

The high res pic looks kind of nice, except for the blockyness on the spiders legs and the frontmost rabbit's ears. I dig the lighting and it looks kind of fun. Ray man looks pretty tight and the artstyle works nicely. Not super next gen, but good enough to not be distracting. I'm sure it'll get better before launch too.

The visor will make it look stunning :lol

john2kx

Zerodoppler said:
Looks good for next-gen.

not really.. Aside from perhaps the fur, it looks like something the Gamecube would routinely be able to do.

The Red Steel shots were more impressive..

BTW, best photoshop thread in a long time.

Aryuken

Banned
jarosh said:

:lol :lol :lol :lol

This and the other one above where the killed is looking at the Punk kid!!! Priceless, the kid is like "Wtf...where the F am i? And what the F is this guy doing?"

Sho Nuff said:

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol at the guy on the back, omg i gotta stop laughing, my heart is gonna stop!

KINGMOKU

Okay, i am a long standing NIN-TARD OF THE HIGHEST ORDER.

I am now PISSED. There had better be(You reading this reggie?) more to the system then the wand, and what looks to me as a gamecube 1.000000000000000009.

I am furious at these screenshots.

The only thing that will keep me in the nin-camp is a visor, or steroscopic 3-d, or perhaps that these screens are from the N64 version.

Nintendo is really screwing the pooch here and I am not liking it.

E-phonk

Banned
For those who say this is gamecube quality - check your eyes.

This was gamecube:
super_mario_sunshine1b.jpg

residentevil420041025115630602.jpg

These screenshots might not be gears-of-war-alicious, but they look good for a humoristic platformer.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
E-Phonk, could you have picked worse screenshots? If Resident Evil 4 looks like that on your TV you need to push that thing out the god damned window.

john2kx said:
not really.. Aside from perhaps the fur, it looks like something the Gamecube would routinely be able to do.

The Red Steel shots were more impressive..

BTW, best photoshop thread in a long time.

I just took an opportunity to take a jab at how unimpressive next-gen has been to me so far. I agree that the game does look like a slightly upgraded Gamecube title.

yilmazz

Well I'm certainly waiting for e3 before evaluating the game here.. graphics sure don't look that good, but well.. I think we really had enough time now to overcome the fact that the Wii visuals won't be in the same leage as the xbox360 or the ps3. The concept actually sounds good, I never had a thing for other Rayman games so every change is welcome here.

What is really WTF are those kids, I mean COME ON.. maybe it will be better related to the whole video, but whoever casted for this shots should be fired.

Trurl

Banned
moku said:

I am now PISSED. There had better be(You reading this reggie?) more to the system then the wand, and what looks to me as a gamecube 1.000000000000000009.

The only thing that will keep me in the nin-camp is a visor, or steroscopic 3-d, or perhaps that these screens are from the N64 version.

:lol Dude, you should have lowered your expectations a long time ago like the rest of the N-fans.

I bet that it will look better before it's released but it doesn't matter too much to me either way.

Akia

moku said:

No need to get up in arms....yet.

Now if Prime 3 or Mario Wii looked that bad. Then I'd turn in my coat.

Aryuken

Banned
E-phonk said:

This was gamecube:

These screenshots might not be gears-of-war-alicious, but they look good for a humoristic platformer.

Gc screengrabs allways sucked. Res4 and mario look much better on my Tv, this Raiman looks as good as Voodoo Vince.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
Good lord, have some of you not gotten over the graphics thing yet? It's going to be much closer to last gen than this. Some games, particularly early on and from third parties, won't even look beyond Xbox titles. IGN weren't bullshitting. You'll have to get over it, or move on to another console.

I would imagine more of the problem people have is with the art style rather than the actual graphical prowess of the game. either way I'm content with what it has to offer in terms of graphics.

E-phonk

Banned
human5892 said:
E-Phonk, could you have picked worse screenshots? If Resident Evil 4 looks like that on your TV you need to push that thing out the god damned window.
It's one of the first screens google gives if you search gamecube resident evil. RE4 looks good (enough) on my tv btw.

But those saying this rayman screen is gc quality are really shitting themselves

rayman4.jpg

yilmazz

moku said:

:lol :lol :lol

Nintard is fitting in this case. :lol

Scytale

Banned
:lol :lol :lol

Man, with this kind of marketing I might have to not buy a Wii for fear of being considered sex offender.

SantaC

moku said:

It's rayman, and they're probably making this game on Gamecube kits just like spongebob was running on. The bunnies look terrible, but I am sure the Wii can output a lot better graphics than this. Red Steel is an example.

lancubap

E-phonk said:

This was gamecube:

The framerate. Seriously now: the framerate of Wii is far better then Gamecube, if we see these screenhots. And overall, this screenshot is better then gamecube by far, if we compare these 2 with Rayman 4's image.
Well ,i don't mean that is so incredible, but the difference here is clear.

E-phonk

Banned
AtomicShroom said:
Hum I thought Wii wasn't supposed to do HD. What's up with that?
Developers often use higher rendered screenshots - nintendo (finally) did the same with the zelda:TP shots

Top Bottom