• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft E3 Lineup - Rayman to be Wii launch title, first pic

Unison

lancubap said:
The framerate. Seriously now: the framerate of Wii is far better then Gamecube, if we see these screenhots.

What? How can you know if the framerate will be better? It could be worse.

Jacobi

Banned
OK, terrible quality but whatever
leiacover4lr.jpg

ahmad

Banned
Blimblim said:
Ubisoft delivers. Again :D
raywii.jpg

Edit: Yes this is an official artwork...

GENIUS!!!! :lol

I knew it!!! I told you they were going to do like the Wallace and Grmoit movieand have the bunnies say WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

lancubap

Kolgar said:
So this is Wii's target market!

A punk/goth, a nerd, and Grandpa!

:lol

The foam of the society :lol :lol
Crime will diminish why they will be all to play with Wii ! :lol :lol

Amir0x

Banned
Mama Smurf said:
Good lord, have some of you not gotten over the graphics thing yet? It's going to be much closer to last gen than this. Some games, particularly early on and from third parties, won't even look beyond Xbox titles. IGN weren't bullshitting. You'll have to get over it, or move on to another console.

Sorry, Mama Smurf, commentary on graphics is what happens in threads with screenshots. Wii is not exempt.

I dealt with the fact that Wii will be barely better than Xbox, but that doesn't change Rayman Rabbid Rabits from being ugly last-gen shit! Sorry dude :(

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
:lol :lol at the WiiRabbit artwork.

Ubisoft is really kicking ass lately. They seem really down-to-earth, and fully prepared to take a leadership position in the next gen.

Companies like EA just take themselves waaaaay too seriously.
Ubi, at least here, seems to actually be just about having fun - making fun of silly things, making humerous games, pushing the innovation AND graphical envelope... and just making games, ya know?

Whats wrong with silly pictures and funny press releases? The business is about fun, ya know.

Go Ubi.

Sweedishrodeo

the smegma spreader
bwahahahah no way. this year's e3 will eclipse all others in history without fail. that pic ...and the caption .....:lol can't wait

lancubap

Unison said:
What? How can you know if the framerate will be better? It could be worse.

The limits of the characters and environments are more stable and definished by far in Rayman 4's image: that's mean more stability (and of course more polygons [less that are noted] dues to the machine's Upgrade), but we are still on 480p Resolution, so I think that the Framerate is higher, but it is only my supposition.

Rayman 2 and 3 were both nice looking for their time, so I expect this will look good. I'd like to see some 360/PS3 screenshots though. That combo freakazoid kid pic and Fraggle Rayman shot is not a good start though.....

bg44.jpg

raymandgcnnewlatgc12.jpg

Mrbob

John Harker said:

Ubisoft is really kicking ass lately. They seem really down-to-earth, and fully prepared to take a leadership position in the next gen.

Ubi, at least here, seems to actually be just about having fun - making fun of silly things, making humerous games, pushing the innovation AND graphical envelope... and just making games, ya know?

Whats wrong with silly pictures and funny press releases? The business is about fun, ya know.

Go Ubi.

I didn't think this thread could get any better, but it just did! :lol

Row

Banned
John Harker said:

Go Ubi.

Wow, worst spin I've read in a long time

jarosh said:
one day i will stop using that moore pic. but not today.

moorebunny.jpg

too lazy to photoshop the wii in

unbelievable :lol :lol :lol :lol

Space A Cobra said:
Fuck that picture of those kids just ruined my day...well...no, but they ruined me for a good 10 minutes.

Are you serious? Those kids completely made my week!

Scytale

Banned
E-phonk said:
It's one of the first screens google gives if you search gamecube resident evil. RE4 looks good (enough) on my tv btw.

But those saying this rayman screen is gc quality are really shitting themselves

rayman4.jpg

I smell damage controll

That shot looks like it could EASILY be on Xbox1

Easily.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Row said:

I'm not spinning anything.

I haven't bought a single Ubisoft game all generation that I can recall :lol

I just think its really, really funny. I mean, look at the damn pictures they decided to release!

I'm more pleased with the business decision, than the graphics or the game itself or whatever

Trurl

Banned
Row said:
What is there to spin? There is nothing that makes the game look bad except the tech stuff which would mostly be the hardware's fault. The game itself looks zany and fun.

Go Ubi!

lancubap

The strange thing is that the hair of the rabbit is made very well, but the mouth is made very bad and seems a bad Nintendo Gamecube's screenshot.
Perhaps he is intentional, but it is always my supposition.
There is a great separation between the two things, too much great for me.

Vieo

Someone answer my question, damn it. Is Wii shaping up to have more third-party support by the time it launches than GCN when it launched?

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
I fucking can't believe the people seriously knocking the gfx of these shots, while not being able to comprehend the brilliance of it all. How can you think about textures when you see a shot like this? Fucking brilliant.

I have a feeing those bunnies have rock-solid animation though ;)

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Scytale said:
I smell damage controll

That shot looks like it could EASILY be on Xbox1

Easily.

I disagree.

I'd go as far as to say it's a target render. The lighting surprasses what the Xbox/PS2/GC could do.

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
Vieo said:
Someone answer my question, damn it. Is Wii shaping up to have more third-party support by the time it launches than GCN when it launched?

By the looks of it, yes. A hell of alot more.

Maybe Red Steel is hogging all the Wii dev kits, forcing Ancel to settle with the Gamecube SDK. :lol Pretty terrible screenshot, but all is forgiven if its a steady 60 fps.

Mrbob

Uh oh, don't make this thread turn for the worse like the thread at IGNWII boards. Those Nintendo fans have already convinced themselves this Rayman 4 screenshot looks great, and nothing on Xbox comes close to it!

wii2.jpg

lancubap

Vieo said:

We don't know ! We have a list of Third Party's games that are in development for Wii, and that is bigger every day that passes, but we have NO idea of the amount of games that will be on Wii's launch, or better, we have only some indication:

Rayman 4, Red Steel, the 3 games of THQ, Madden should been ready for launch. Super Monkey Ball too, but we suppose it; Sega has said only that is in development, if I good remember.

EDIT: But it seems sure that the number of games on Launch will be bigger then Gamecube.
What about the quality ? Another time, Nintendo's Games will be the CORE of Wii's success.

Krowley

IMO if you compare this to an xbox game with a similair art style, the first thing that comes to mind is psychonauts. The textures look better than psychonauts and it seems to have something like fur shading going on.

My expectations are definitly lower for revolution games in general, and this fits in with what i would expect from most games. It's definitly high end xbox quality based on those shots (like conker or ninja gaiden). It looks good, just not as good as 360 games.

Top Bottom