• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft is done with EGS exclusive deals.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69

192.png

Can’t believe that this is a real tweet

Kataploom

Gold Member
Everyone else gave up, why were they still trying? It's like Guillemot went on vacations and just barely came back (still in slippers) and say "how much MY company grew in the past years I've been enjoying my time in Curazao?"

T-Cake

I’m trying to remember what Bethesda did when they shuttered their launcher. Did they auto populate a linked Steam account with any purchases for free?

RCX

Who knew that not releasing your games on the biggest PC platform and making them exclusive on platforms that are orders of magnitude smaller would lead to less profits.

Shockednotthatshocked.gif

HogIsland

I’m trying to remember what Bethesda did when they shuttered their launcher. Did they auto populate a linked Steam account with any purchases for free?
I never bought anything on their store, but it looks like they did right by their players:

You are now able to transfer over your Bethesda.net game Library to your Steam account. Please follow the instructions on the Transfer Page to start your transfer. If at any point you run into issues with your transfer, we encourage you to reach out to Customer Support by visiting help.bethesda.net. We have also included several new entries to the FAQ below, so take a look to see if your question is already addressed.

I'm looking for Blizzard to do the same in the next year or so. I want my Battle.net copy of Diablo4 on Steam.

Last edited:

HogIsland

StereoVsn

I honestly cannot believe the number would be that big. It's a friggin launcher.

Unless those Shady Key Sites really are that big and people will only buy from those.
Are we still in “Steam is just a launcher” phase? Really?

Well, the launcher just hit 38 million concurrent users. So yes, the addressable audience for purchasing games is magnitudes larger in Steam vs EGS and Ubisoft stores.

Gamezone

Gold Member
I honestly cannot believe the number would be that big. It's a friggin launcher.

Unless those Shady Key Sites really are that big and people will only buy from those.

Family sharing and Steam Link is must have features. If other launchers can't provide good festures, screw them.

MacReady13

Imagine not listening to your customers... Actually let me rephrase that- Imagine listening to the vocal, very tiny minority over your ACTUAL customers who will buy your games.

Bashtee

And there are still people out there who think the Steamdeck can't compete with other handhelds on the market. My man, everything gaming leads to Steam.

Not had an issue with uplay when playing through Syndicate Unity Origins Odyssey. I don't think they've released anything since to even warrant booting up uplay or EGS.

For games like Alan Wake 2, Stars Wars Outlaw, you'd expect the consoles to do the heavy lifting, I doubt Steam will add much, unless it's at huge discount. PC can sell huge amounts for certain games but I see people blaming Epic store deal for Alan Wake and the like for low sales when the archetypal console game sold poorly on Playstation and Xbox.

Last edited:

Gamezone

Gold Member
I bet that Ubisoft wasn't very pleased with Star Wars Outlaws on EGS, considering that this was part of EGS's first run program, which is a 6 months exclusivity contract. They must have pulled out somehow.

StueyDuck

Egs exclusives are still a thing. Does anyone even open that junk launcher anymore 🤣.

Devs are stupid if they still falling for that stuff on PC.

Holammer

Video claims:
- He learned from his Amazon insider how Ubisoft contacted Amazon and informed them they would stop selling their own Uplay/Connect keys and there will only be Steam keys issued exclusively going forward. The old store will be put in maintenance mode.
This is explained in the first two minutes of the video, the rest is just waffling about some related topics to fill the void and satisfy the algorithm.

Struggled to decide whether to post this as a new thread or here, especially after the silly ENDYMIONtv thread yesterday, yikes.

Arch is a Norwegian 40k Lore [mostly] YTber leaning right politically that does some gaming related stuff on the side (this is his other topics channel). He's big enough to not have to make clickbait for engagement and I trust him. The Amazon Insider has been around before and usually provides 40k related info to him.

Top Bottom