• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft plans to release 10 new AssCreed games within 5 years

Will you support Tencoft?

• Total voters

Bloobs

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Starting with Shadows and

Insider Gaming understands that this is part of Ubisoft’s ramp-up strategy for the Assassin’s Creed series, which will see around 10 Assassin’s Creed titles of various lengths and experiences released in the next five years. This includes Assassin’s Creed codename Jade, a fully-fledged mobile offering with a tentative date in Q2 2025 (FYQ1 26).

Shocked Nicki Minaj GIF by Vevo

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I know these idiots are capable of making good games still. The most recent one was the prince of persia game which I greatly enjoyed. Not sure who is telling them to keep churning out these AC games. It will end up like Final Fantasy where SE still thinks people care about the brand.

Last edited:
I remember a number of years back, Ubisoft said they were going to stop releasing a new Ass Creed game every year as it made gamers burnt out and sales got hurt. I think they switched to 1 game in roughly 2 years about 4 times.

Fast forward to the desperate cries of a failing company today, and now they are threatening 2 games a year? Do even the hard-core Creed fans (if they exist) want this?

If it means they waste more money and fail even more, then go for it, Ubisoft.

EDMIX

Writes a lot, says very little
I mean, maybe.

If we count their ports, remasters, remakes, mobile on top of the new titles, sure it could be lol but tbh, that doesn't sound that off from what they already do

(that is if we are actually counting, like EVER title they put out in the actual series btw)

EDMIX

Writes a lot, says very little
Has far cry no appeal or something or why is only AC being pumped out.
They still do Far Cry titles, I believe AC is merely more popular, so I'm sure they'll still do Far Cry 7

Gaiff Gaiff I mean, did you read the article? The list of titles they are talking about are not all AAA main AC titles or something

When they said they would slow down, that is 100% correct, AC is no longer a yearly IP in regards to its mainline releases, so....this whole "double down" doesn't make sense, this is actually around what they did last gen, as in I don't see it as MORE if you are actually looking at that list

They put out mobile titles, smaller games, some VR thing etc, so I'd look at that list before rage posting with this idea that they are talking about AAA releases

They are not..

Last edited:

Little Mac

Gold Member
Haven’t played an Assassin's Creed game in over a decade. They get boring real quick for me. Only Ubisoft game I’ve played recently is the Prince of Persia Lost Crown game which was good but not great.

Ridicululzz

Hm, so going off of the article it's a mix of mainline titles, remakes, and mobile games? I'm interested to see how the mobile game is gonna be. I doubt I'll play it, but I wonder if it'll be like a gacha game. :pie_thinking:

Un-fucking-believable. I posted this a few days ago as a bit of a joke.

When you make the same game every 6 months, people are bound to get bored.

When your games consistently go on sale for 25% to 50% off 4 to 8 weeks after release, people are going to stop buying on release date.

When your digital rental service costs a few bucks a month, people will eventually learn they can subscribe for a month at a time, play your new releases and then immediately unsubscribe.

When you intentionally make your lead female character uglier than the actress who provided voice and mocap, you might avoid upsetting a couple dozen game journalists and a few hundred easily offended people who live their lives eternally on Twitter, but you immediately turn off the mainstream audiences that actually buy games.

All of these factors were bound to eventually catch up to Ubisoft.

And now they are literally planning on doing what I thought was an exaggeration in jest.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Early word on the 10 games in development:

Assassin’s Creed: Willy Wonka's Deadly Chocolate Factory Travel to an alternate Victorian England, where you must infiltrate the secret underbelly of Willy Wonka’s chocolate empire. As a stealthy assassin, sabotage Oompa-Loompas armed with candy-coated throwing knives and uncover Wonka's sinister plans for world domination through mind-controlling sweets.

Assassin’s Creed: Shark Tanked Disguised as an entrepreneur pitching to the Templar-controlled Shark Tank, you must convince billionaire Templars to invest in fake businesses, then eliminate them in boardroom ambushes. Use gadgets disguised as business products and outmaneuver rival assassins pitching their own deadly ideas.

Assassin’s Creed: Project Runway to the Grave Undercover as a fashion designer, you must craft killer couture that both wows the judges and hides deadly weapons. Sabotage Templar designers, eliminate runway models with poison-threaded garments, and assassinate your way to becoming the most feared designer in fashion history.

Assassin’s Creed: Green Eggs and Stab Dr. Seuss’s worlds are under siege by the Templars, and only you can stop them by assassinating villainous versions of beloved characters. Sneak into Whoville and Sam-I-Am’s farm, uncovering plots to weaponize green eggs and ham into mind-controlling breakfast food.

Assassin’s Creed: The View’s Verbal Assassins As an assassin embedded within The View's talk show panel, you must eliminate guests who are secretly Templars pushing global agendas, all while engaging in heated on-air debates. Use poison-laced coffee mugs and cutting-edge gossip to carry out your missions before commercial breaks.

Assassin’s Creed: 90-Day Assassin You are an assassin sent undercover into the world of 90 Day Fiancée, using reality TV as a front to track down Templars hiding among international couples. Sabotage chaotic weddings and deadly honeymoons, all while navigating the complexities of love, immigration, and deadly conspiracies.

Assassin’s Creed: Keeping Up with the Templars In a world where the Kardashians are secretly the heads of the modern-day Templar Order, you must infiltrate their glamorous lives and end their global influence. Sabotage their reality TV empire, disable Instagram algorithms that brainwash viewers, and eliminate celebrity allies in couture-styled assassinations.

Assassin’s Creed: Love Island of Death You’re sent to a tropical villa where contestants on Love Island are actually Templars competing for power, not love. Use beachside stealth tactics, sabotaging pool parties and romantic dinners to quietly eliminate targets while pretending to couple up.

Assassin’s Creed: The Grand Tour of Treachery Team up with The Grand Tour hosts as they unknowingly test-drive vehicles built by Templars. As an assassin, you must sabotage the world’s most expensive cars and execute high-speed assassinations on race tracks across the globe, all while maintaining the illusion of a “friendly competition.”

Assassin’s Creed: Dance Dance Deatholution Enter the cutthroat world of reality dance competitions, where choreographers and judges are secretly high-ranking Templars. Use the rhythm of the dance floor to execute moves that not only impress the judges but also conceal your deadly strikes mid-routine.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter

Assassin’s Creed: Willy Wonka's Deadly Chocolate Factory Travel to an alternate Victorian England, where you must infiltrate the secret underbelly of Willy Wonka’s chocolate empire. As a stealthy assassin, sabotage Oompa-Loompas armed with candy-coated throwing knives and uncover Wonka's sinister plans for world domination through mind-controlling sweets.

Assassin’s Creed: Shark Tanked Disguised as an entrepreneur pitching to the Templar-controlled Shark Tank, you must convince billionaire Templars to invest in fake businesses, then eliminate them in boardroom ambushes. Use gadgets disguised as business products and outmaneuver rival assassins pitching their own deadly ideas.

Assassin’s Creed: Project Runway to the Grave Undercover as a fashion designer, you must craft killer couture that both wows the judges and hides deadly weapons. Sabotage Templar designers, eliminate runway models with poison-threaded garments, and assassinate your way to becoming the most feared designer in fashion history.

Assassin’s Creed: Green Eggs and Stab Dr. Seuss’s worlds are under siege by the Templars, and only you can stop them by assassinating villainous versions of beloved characters. Sneak into Whoville and Sam-I-Am’s farm, uncovering plots to weaponize green eggs and ham into mind-controlling breakfast food.

Assassin’s Creed: The View’s Verbal Assassins As an assassin embedded within The View's talk show panel, you must eliminate guests who are secretly Templars pushing global agendas, all while engaging in heated on-air debates. Use poison-laced coffee mugs and cutting-edge gossip to carry out your missions before commercial breaks.

Assassin’s Creed: 90-Day Assassin You are an assassin sent undercover into the world of 90 Day Fiancée, using reality TV as a front to track down Templars hiding among international couples. Sabotage chaotic weddings and deadly honeymoons, all while navigating the complexities of love, immigration, and deadly conspiracies.

Assassin’s Creed: Keeping Up with the Templars In a world where the Kardashians are secretly the heads of the modern-day Templar Order, you must infiltrate their glamorous lives and end their global influence. Sabotage their reality TV empire, disable Instagram algorithms that brainwash viewers, and eliminate celebrity allies in couture-styled assassinations.

Assassin’s Creed: Love Island of Death You’re sent to a tropical villa where contestants on Love Island are actually Templars competing for power, not love. Use beachside stealth tactics, sabotaging pool parties and romantic dinners to quietly eliminate targets while pretending to couple up.

Assassin’s Creed: The Grand Tour of Treachery Team up with The Grand Tour hosts as they unknowingly test-drive vehicles built by Templars. As an assassin, you must sabotage the world’s most expensive cars and execute high-speed assassinations on race tracks across the globe, all while maintaining the illusion of a “friendly competition.”

Assassin’s Creed: Dance Dance Deatholution Enter the cutthroat world of reality dance competitions, where choreographers and judges are secretly high-ranking Templars. Use the rhythm of the dance floor to execute moves that not only impress the judges but also conceal your deadly strikes mid-routine.
Some of them sound awesome, especially the first one.

Radical_3d

Ok. I change my vote. I’d buy the shit out of this. Collector edition and all. Specially if the narrator starts every chapter like “In this chapter… Hammond kills a Templar with a Munstang… May eats at the Consul’s palace… and we all engage in a race with horses carts!”
-x_Tx4ckrHBFpEk0tR_Mnat4MkHJOZQrINfli1ocYbY.jpg

Robb

Gold Member

Assassin’s Creed: Willy Wonka's Deadly Chocolate Factory
XcgPCuf.jpeg

Assassin’s Creed: Shark Tanked
hoUiKfg.jpeg

Assassin’s Creed: Project Runway to the Grave
f5VoLkx.jpeg

Assassin’s Creed: Green Eggs and Stab
3k6Wh4O.jpeg

Assassin’s Creed: The View’s Verbal Assassins
vYW2FIU.jpeg

Assassin’s Creed: 90-Day Assassin
OqdmjMi.jpeg

Assassin’s Creed: Keeping Up with the Templars
ArM4tLg.jpeg

Assassin’s Creed: Love Island of Death
ObwN8DS.jpeg

Assassin’s Creed: The Grand Tour of Treachery
8hfC3cs.jpeg

Assassin’s Creed: Dance Dance Deatholution
lqTh9ed.jpeg
Apparently concept art leaked for all of these.

Laptop1991

I stopped buying them after Valhalla due to Ubisoft's attitude towards us, the gamer's, we don't own them says Ubisoft, we are horrible people when their games sell badly says Ubisoft, i can't play any of the games i bought on older OS that they were made for and have to use the latest or whatever Ubisoft dictates, you can pretend to play on Steam but have to use our crap launcher as well, which isn't really being on Steam we will insult your countries history whenever we like lol,

I forgot one, we will charge you as much as we possibly can with as many versions as possible and then MTX every single one of them says Ubisoft!.

They can make a hundred Assassin Creed's in 5 years, it doesn't change their attitude towards us gamers or irrelevant customers as they see us lately, and it doesn't mean they are going to be good anyway, what a joke they are now lol.

Last edited:

Edgelord79

Gold Member

I… would actually buy some of these.

Last edited:

pasterpl

It is almost like horizon series on PlayStation /s

Being completely serious, who the f*ck will buy 2 assassins creed games a year? Nobody is asking for more of the same. It is the only Ubisoft IP that is somehow generating profits and they want to milk it as much as they can, but I think strategy to oversaturate the market with it will make it sell less. Next MS will be realising 4 COD games every year, and Sony will be remastering remasters of remasters, at least 6 a year.

Tajaz2426

Psychology PhD from Wikipedia University
They can make all they want, I’ll buy them if they are good and have no store whatsoever to sell me any items that should be in the game as a reward for playing and doing different types of missions to gain them.

I believe I stopped playing at Origins because it has a store and I do not buy any games with a storefront to try and push me to separate from my money and try to normalize children to become adults with an open bank account.

Maybe one day I’ll be able to play again.

T4keD0wN

Ill Be Damned Pulp Fiction GIF

These actually sound more interesting than whatever theyre capable of coming up with.

If I didn't know better, I would think the people charged with making these decisions have a mandate to destroy the company.

Great job, if true.

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
puke GIF

If that’s the plan Ubisoft has, they’re done for

The franchise is already milked to death, not even COD at its peak would have sustained a game every 6 months for 5 years.

They’re completely delusional

Last edited:

StereoVsn

Yves should hire you immediately. I could see myself playing some of those! 😂🤣😂

Last edited:

Mr.Phoenix

And to think this was the publisher that gave us PoP, Splinter Cell, BGaE and FarCry.

How far they have fallen. And whats crazy is that their demise isn't one of not having the money to fund projects, its one of them choosing to fund the wrong projects.

PatientGamer

Gold Member

Great use of ChatGPT lol, those are actually brilliant!

Bloobs

Al Pachinko, Konami President
They can make all they want, I’ll buy them if they are good and have no store whatsoever to sell me any items that should be in the game as a reward for playing and doing different types of missions to gain them.

I believe I stopped playing at Origins because it has a store and I do not buy any games with a storefront to try and push me to separate from my money and try to normalize children to become adults with an open bank account.

Maybe one day I’ll be able to play again.

Morgan Freeman Good Luck GIF

Top Bottom