• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft recommends a 3060 Ti at 720p to play Star Wars Outlaws

mrcroket

Oh I just read today that it’s not coming to Steam??

Michael Jordan Lol GIF

Good luck with those sales Ubisoft
I really doubt that PC is a major platform for Assassins Creed anyway. If you look at Odyssey for example, which has sold +10 million, its peak players on Steam are around 60K.

Last edited:

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
I really doubt that PC is a major platform for Assassins Creed anyway. If you look at Odyssey for example, which has sold +10 million, its peak players on Steam are around 60K.

Without knowing the concurrent users on other platforms, having 66k peak means nothing in extrapolating how much it sold on PC vs the other platforms.

Also back in Odyssey release

PC was leading platform, just not only steam

Estimated 2-5M units on Steam. SteamDB tracks it at 3.7-5.47M owners.

Last edited:

mrcroket

Without knowing the concurrent users on other platforms, having 66k peak means nothing in extrapolating how much it sold on PC vs the other platforms.
Assassins Creed sells much more on console, there is no data on the latest, but if you look at the sales of Unity (the one I could find with sales data) on all 3 platforms (PC, PS4 and XB).

"When you combine all three versions of the game it has sold 4.03 million units worldwide at retail. The PlayStation 4 version accounts for half of the sales with 2.10 million units sold. The Xbox One version has sold 1.64 million units and the PC version has sold 290,597 units."

PC sales are less than 8%.

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
Assassins Creed sells much more on console, there is no data on the latest, but if you look at the sales of Unity (the one I could find with sales data) on all 3 platforms (PC, PS4 and XB).

"When you combine all three versions of the game it has sold 4.03 million units worldwide at retail. The PlayStation 4 version accounts for half of the sales with 2.10 million units sold. The Xbox One version has sold 1.64 million units and the PC version has sold 290,597 units."

PC sales are less than 8%.

I think that’s way outdated, Unity is old as fuck

My link in post above has Ubisoft having PC as their number 1 platform

But hey, somehow I guess you think they’re in the comfortable zone of not selling on steam uh? Ubisoft screams healthy business lately? That’s the argument?

They tried that before, I guess the lesson was not learned.

Last edited:

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
Oh I just read today that it’s not coming to Steam??

Michael Jordan Lol GIF

Good luck with those sales Ubisoft
It will come out later on Steam as usual. Ubisoft games are exclusive for a few months to Ubisoft Connect on PC.
Because there’s also Ubisoft Connect which has the lion’s share of their sales. According to Ubisoft’s data, their biggest or second biggest platform is PC. PC is usually about 25-30% of their revenues, so it’s a lot.

makaveli60

It’s crazy that current games still fail to look much better than lastgen ones but the specs are still going up and up. What could be the reason?…

Also back in Odyssey release

PC was leading platform, just not only steam

Estimated 2-5M units on Steam. SteamDB tracks it at 3.7-5.47M owners.
Lol Assassin's creed Valhalla is the best selling game on pc without steam

Last edited:

Gaiff

My point is cyberpunk 2077 is a last gen game runs like shit no peep from gaf 3060ti for 720 p seems reasonable
Cyberpunk isn’t a last-gen game as evidenced by how horribly it runs on last-gen consoles.

You crank the settings of one of the most demanding games to this day to Ultra and you seriously call it unoptimized because your mid-tier card struggles to run it with an acceptable resolution? This is why everyone says putting everything up to Ultra is stupid. DF did an optimized settings video and you can claw back something like 40% of your performance by using a mix of High/Medium and only a few settings at Ultra.

Your 3060 Ti isn’t meant to run this game maxed out. Lowering the resolution can only do so much.

Last edited:

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
Lol Assassin's creed Valhalla is the best selling game on pc without steam

Valhalla has the biggest launch in the series' history, period.

What is the argument you numbnuts want to bring forth? Steam would hurt sales? It's only Epic games dangling bags of money in front of Ubisoft. That the game sells on Steam with late releases. With Valhalla estimated at ~800k owners when it released so late and having no marketing like launch cycle is already telling that they're passing by a good portion of the market. I don't see how not being on steam is some sort of "LOL" you think it is.

They came back crawling in 2022 after trying to arm wrestle commissions, they'll be back. I'm a patient man.

StereoVsn

And to make things even worse, the PC version require Ubisoft Connect, Denuvo Anti-Tamper, and VMProtect DRM.
Yeah, those PC sales will make it fly off the virtual shelves! Any minute now! 😓

It’s not surprising because of several companies doing dumb shit with PC sales, Ubi is a “champion”.

And yeah, Odyssey sold a few mil copies on PC (I.e. Steam) so have fun missing those sales I guess.

StereoVsn

It’s crazy that current games still fail to look much better than lastgen ones but the specs are still going up and up. What could be the reason?…
Nobody gives a shit about optimization basically. Because it would take another year in the cooker and Publishers don’t care to do that.

They will sell as is and maybe patch a bit of performance improvement in after the release.

StereoVsn

Nobody gives a shit about optimization basically. Because it would take another year in the cooker and Publishers don’t care to do that.

They will sell as is and maybe patch a bit of performance improvement in after the release.
Thing is it just shows that customers shouldn’t buy this shit Day 1 with very rare exceptions.

Wait a few month and get a patched up game for 50% off. Although in case of Ubi, waiting a year and buying Gold edition with DLCs for like $30 is even better idea.

Cyberpunk isn’t a last-gen game as evidenced by how horribly it runs on last-gen consoles.

You crank the settings of one of the most demanding games to this day to Ultra and you seriously call it unoptimized because your mid-tier card struggles to run it with an acceptable resolution? This is why everyone says putting everything up to Ultra is stupid. DF did an optimized settings video and you can claw back something like 40% of your performance by using a mix of High/Medium and only a few settings at Ultra.

Your 3060 Ti isn’t meant to run this game maxed out. Lowering the resolution can only do so much.
That's my point there is no thread about it why complain about outlaws looks way better than cyberpunk

Gaiff

That's my point there is no thread about it why complain about outlaws looks way better than cyberpunk
The specs for Star Wars Outlaws are for High, not Ultra. There’s a massive difference. Drop Cyberpunk down to High and I bet you can play at 1080p without using DLSS.

It’s more demanding than Cyberpunk.

T4keD0wN

I play cyberpunk 2077 ultra on 3060 ti with dlss it run like shit on pc I don't think ever heard peep about optimisation on that game
Youve never heard a peep because the game runs really well for people who the limits of their hw and dont attept to run it with ray tracing with 8gb vram.

Ive played it prior to all the big patches on a 3070ti before upgrading, it did 157fps in the benchmarks on ultra at 1440p with dlss quality, CPU bottleneck btw and that was with improved texture and extra draw distance mods. 3060ti is only like 25% slower, it should easily do 120 without RT.

Itll only run like shit if you dont disable ray tracing and turn down SSR since 8gb VRAM or a 3060ti are clearly appropriate for that.

Last edited:

Gaiff

High 60fps not 30 fps
Yes, 60 fps. You're seriously running Cyberpunk at Ultra RT on a fucking 3060 Ti and calling it unoptimized because you got sub-60 fps? Really?

You're one of those guys calling every game unoptimized because you can't run maxed-out settings on a mid-tier GPU.

Edit: Seriously, what the hell?

Over 80 fps at 1080p Ultra on a 3060 Ti without ray tracing. Sorry to tell you this, but only a moron would run ultra ray tracing on that card.

Last edited:
On their spreadsheet of wacky pay us more money options, is there an option where I can get an upscale chin on this manly beauty?

Cause I am in at that price tier.

Yes, 60 fps. You're seriously running Cyberpunk at Ultra RT on a fucking 3060 Ti and calling it unoptimized because you got sub-60 fps? Really?

You're one of those guys calling every game unoptimized because you can't run maxed-out settings on a mid-tier GPU.

Edit: Seriously, what the hell?

Over 80 fps at 1080p Ultra on a 3060 Ti without ray tracing. Sorry to tell you this, but only a moron would run ultra ray tracing on that card.

And ubisoft giving you a next gen game with rt for 720p 30 fps

Gaiff

And ubisoft giving you a next gen game with rt for 720p 30 fps
Yeah, so why are you complaining about Cyberpunk? 80 fps at 1080p Ultra on a 3060 Ti sounds great to me. You're the problem for cranking up RT to ultra and then complain that you're not hitting 60 fps on a mid-tier GPU.

Yeah, so why are you complaining about Cyberpunk? 80 fps at 1080p Ultra on a 3060 Ti sounds great to me. You're the problem for cranking up RT to ultra and then complain that you're not hitting 60 fps on a mid-tier GPU.
Lol the mental gymnastics in the comment is appalling

Gaiff

Lol the mental gymnastics in the comment is appalling
You made a shit complain and were rightly called out for it. Cyberpunk isn't poorly optimized. You just shouldn't be running Ultra RT on a 3060 Ti. What's so hard to understand about this?

Top Bottom