• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 200: Diaz vs McGregor 2 official. Frankie Edgar vs Jose Aldo for Interim FT Title

Status
Not open for further replies.

AaronB

Both Aldo and Frankie deserve better, but it can work for this reason: whoever wins their fight can call out Conor with the most devastating callout since the heydey of Ric Flair. That would help set up a big money unification bout with Conor (assuming he can make weight) in a few months; bigger than a just plain title matchuip with either guy right now.

Of course, it would help if Conor can avenge his loss. I have a lot of respect for Nate Diaz's game, but I think it's Conor's fight to lose. There was no indication that Nate can take him down and apply his jiujitsu unless Conor is already hurt and winded. Conor won't waste his energy on wheelkicks that come up short, or putting too much power into each shot this time. With adequate preparation for this opponent, he can look at what Benson Henderson and others did to beat Nate relatively easily. I think the rematch gives him more advantages even though Nate went into the last one without a real camp.

For Nate, it's a big payday at a minimum. There's also a good chance he'll win (Suppose I give Conor 2 to 1 odds, there's still a realistic chance Nate can pull it off). His stock, pay rate, and profile will be very high going into his next fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom