• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 303: Pereira vs. Procházka 2 - Paradise - June 29

Who wins: Pereira or Procházka? Ortega or Lopes? Smith or Dolidze?

• Pereira, Ortega, Smith.

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Pereira, Lopes, Smith.

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Pereira, Ortega, Dolidze.

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Pereira, Lopes, Dolidze.

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Procházka, Ortega, Smith.

• Procházka, Lopes, Smith.

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Procházka, Ortega, Dolidze.

• Procházka, Lopes, Dolidze.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SpiceRacz

Gold Member
Pereira is undeniable. In a really short amount of time, he's elevated himself to an all time great. In terms of legacy, I'd rank him above Adesanya at this point.

calistan

Couldn't stay awake for this one so I watched the entire thing on fast forward in about 10 minutes this morning. Looked like two guys refusing to engage or rolling around on the floor to little effect, followed by decisions that could have gone either way (if you go by the scoring on Sherdog anyway). Nice finish in the last match, but Jiri was basically done at the end of the first round. Came out for the second and got dropped in five seconds.

what's next for Alex now?

Jbj?

move up to hw?
They would have had an easy layup if Anthony showed up, but seeing as he kinda shit the bed(or he's just at the end and isn't physically capable anymore), Ankalaev is probably the "rightful" choice. If they want money and views rematch with Jamal. He's still so salty and pissed about UFC 300 that he will sell the shit out of that conference and PPV lol

Gp1

You don't fight guards down with one of the UFC's most vicious striker.

Imho his path now is wait for Jones vs Miocic and then Bones vs Poatan in the heavyweight.

If he becomes champion in 3 weight classes he will be elevated the JBJ/AS/GSP level of goatness. If he loses, he still has the LHW title to put on the line.

That short notice title defense surely gave him some points with Dana to do whatever he wants.

Last edited:

Wimbledon

That part at 4:04 in the video with the camera panned over Jiris shoulder and looking at Alex and music from Alexs walk out kicks in. Is easily the greatest moment i've seen everything just synched so well with that staredown.

It really did feel like like they were locked in some kind've spiritual battle here. lol

Just a legendary moment, camera man did an amazing job.

This really is a thing of beauty. His slip was so perfect, and the counter was spot on. Jamal threw a hope and a dream into that shot with his eyes closed, and the reaction from Alex was just phenomenal. I don't know what could have made it better honestly.

GymWolf

Gold Member

That part at 4:04 in the video with the camera panned over Jiris shoulder and looking at Alex and music from Alexs walk out kicks in. Is easily the greatest moment i've seen everything just synched so well with that staredown.

It really did feel like like they were locked in some kind've spiritual battle here. lol

Just a legendary moment, camera man did an amazing job.

There is a similar moment after alex ko jiri where the camera pan on jiri getting up and looking at pereira that just look at him for 2 sec before turning his back, that was cold af.

Apocryphon

Lmao absolute journeyman who never accomplisned jack shit had a bigger sendoff than some legends of the sports, fucking hilarious.
VjIq4GX.png

X5cFliv.png

Her presence in the octagon will be sorely missed..

Top Bottom