• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC Superstar Ronda Rousey expressing major interest in Boxing / Golden Boy Promotion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean I can put GIF's too

tumblr_nfgnwbs2hb1ry1rm7o6_r1_400.gif

3osMoO8.gif

Again read my point, its not about claiming Ronda is a world class boxer, she's not. Its more that posting a random GIF of her in a hoodie throwing punches at open air doesn't mean anything. You can post gif's that make her look decent / adequate as well.

I mean I'm not even a huge Ronda fan I just love MMA and threads about her are the only way to talk about MMA on GAF.

Comparing Serena Williams to Ronda Rousey in fighting is one of the more ridiculous things I have ever read on any forum anywhere

Thinking boxing and mma are somehow interchangeable, and that a person with zero meaningful boxing experience could step in and "smash" most of the people that do it professionally, is pretty ridiculous too.

Thinking boxing and mma are somehow interchangeable, and that a person with zero meaningful boxing experience could step in and "smash" most of the people that do it professional, is pretty ridiculous too.

She trains boxing every single day. Serena Williams has more than likely never trained actual boxing with a real coach like Edmond in her life. The analogy is beyond ridiculous.

She trains boxing every single day. Serena Williams has more than likely never trained actual boxing with a real coach like Edmond in her life. The analogy is beyond ridiculous.

Her boxing is bad. It is the weakest part of her game. Her stand up is "good" in the same way Brock Lesnar's was. She'd get destroyed by any half decent boxer in a straight up boxing match just like he would have. Just like she'd destroy a boxer (even one that practices) in judo or grappling.

HAHAHAHAH "REAL COACH". YOU SOUND BETTER WITH YOUR TRAP SHUT, OBLITERATOR.

? The guy is a real coach. He does it for a living? What are you even talking about? I never said he was a real boxing coach I said he was a coach. Has Serena Williams ever trained with a professional combat coach?

I mean what are you guys even talking about in this thread anymore?

I don't think there's more money in female boxing than in female ufc. Doubt this will go anywhere.

There most certainly isn't, hence Holly Holm coming to the UFC. There would be big money in her doing a one off boxing fight though as people would pay for the novelty of it.

That said if Dana wouldn't let Anderson Silva do it, I don't see him allowing Ronda to unless she just doesn't resign her contract when its up.

? The guy is a real coach. He does it for a living? What are you even talking about? I never said he was a real boxing coach I said he was a coach. Has Serena Williams ever trained with a professional combat coach?

I mean what are you guys even talking about in this thread anymore?

HE'S A RUSTY NAIL, A BEEF STEW. THAT'S GANGSTER TALK FOR LOSER, RIGHT! TAKE THE WAX OUT OF YOUR EARS AND LISTEN UP. THE MAN ISN'T A REAL COACH. HE'S A FRAUD, PHONY, A NEVER WAS WHO LOOKS LIKE THE LAST SHIT I TOOK, RIGHT.
rofl

coleco

true, except there was NO money in female UFC before Ronda came

Should have said female mma. I'm convinced Cyborg or Carano earned more money in strikeforce than someone like Delfine Persoon in her whole boxing career.

HE'S A RUSTY NAIL, A BEEF STEW. THAT'S GANGSTER TALK FOR LOSER, RIGHT! TAKE THE WAX OUT OF YOUR EARS AND LISTEN UP. THE MAN ISN'T A REAL COACH. HE'S A FRAUD, PHONY, A NEVER WAS WHO LOOKS LIKE THE LAST SHIT I TOOK, RIGHT.

I mean what is even happening? Do you know the guy in real life or something and hate him? This isn't even fight talk happening in here its random ass meme's and stuff.

The guy has 4 people out of his gym in the UFC including the number 1 ranked women's fighter in the world and UFC Champion, the number 14 ranked Welterweight Fighter in the world in Jake Ellenberger, and the number 5th ranked heavyweight in the world Travis Browne.

The guy is legit combat sports coach, whether you like it or not.

fader

Should have said female mma. I'm convinced Cyborg or Carano earned more money in strikeforce than someone like Delfine Persoon in her whole boxing career.

what i manly mean is what JFK once said,

"Rising tide lifts all boats."

or something like that...

Leunam

Again read my point, its not about claiming Ronda is a world class boxer, she's not. Its more that posting a random GIF of her in a hoodie throwing punches at open air doesn't mean anything. You can post gif's that make her look decent / adequate as well.

"throwing punches at the open air"

It's called shadow boxing and while her form isn't quite as bad as Mike Alvarado at least he looks decent in the stand and bang.

Lol at posting speed bag gifs of all things.

Heel

Has to be. No way she's this gassed up.

I think she and her coach believe it, and probably could win one of an alphabet soup of boxing titles floating around out there.

Is she leaving the UFC? Seems more like a fluff piece considering she's fighting a decorated former women's boxing champion in Holly Holm in a few weeks, if anything.

Svafnir

Would be cool if this happens. Honestly though the current state of the UFC has no real competition for her, I don't even know if boxing does.

Either way I'm a fan and would watch the fight.

For her sake, she had better not be serious. If her and the people around her have her delusional enough to try and actually try to get into boxing, she'll get waxed by even the lower level competition. I don't care how many times you show me that Bethe gif, that don't make Ronda a good boxer. She's not, and that's fine as long as she's competing in MMA.

Skittles

Years of bad boxing form burned into her muscle memory. Shit is gonna be near impossible to turn around in time for her to still be in her prime

BadAss2961

I think she and her coach believe it, and probably could win one of an alphabet soup of boxing titles floating around out there.

Is she leaving the UFC? Seems more like a fluff piece considering she's fighting a decorated former women's boxing champion in Holly Holm in a few weeks, if anything.
I'd normally also think of this as just fluff, but now Oscar's given some credence to it. It's still far fetched, but Golden Boy could easily make a move to boxing worth considering.

I mean what is even happening? Do you know the guy in real life or something and hate him? This isn't even fight talk happening in here its random ass meme's and stuff.

The guy has 4 people out of his gym in the UFC including the number 1 ranked women's fighter in the world and UFC Champion, the number 14 ranked Welterweight Fighter in the world in Jake Ellenberger, and the number 5th ranked heavyweight in the world Travis Browne.

The guy is legit combat sports coach, whether you like it or not.

Edmond is a boxing coach. Ellenberger and Browne both switched to his Gym after reaching the UFC, basically because of Ronda's success. Better examples would be Manny Gamburyan and Karo Parisyan... both of whom got to where they are primarily thanks to the Hayastan Academy under Gokor Chichyan and Gene LeBell, which is also where Ronda trained for a time. His biggest name Boxer is Vic Darchinyan, who if I'm not mistaken is another guy who built his career elsewhere.

As far as the top coaches in MMA or Boxing goes.. he just isn't one.

Furyous

This is a joke and she knows it. She already got beat up and knocked out by Holly Lawson. Ronda is not a good enough boxer to do it professionally so she should stick to MMA where she's great. Why is she trying to box years later after this?

Heel

Okay, self-proclaimed women's boxing experts might want to take a look at some of these high-level women's lightweight bouts. Having scanned a few on YouTube, I can safely say Ronda would be right at home in the upper echelon of this garbage.

Not to mention that half the titles are vacant, including The Ring's. I'm sure they would crown her next weekend.

BadAss2961

Okay, self-proclaimed women's boxing experts might want to take a look at some of these high-level women's lightweight bouts. Having scanned a few on YouTube, I can safely say Ronda would be right at home in the upper echelon of this garbage.

Not to mention that half the titles are vacant, including The Ring's. I'm sure they would crown her next weekend.
Ronda's not about being upper echelon though. That aura of invincibility is everything to her. Even if she's a pretty good boxer, she wouldn't be the best. More than one of those girls would school her or knock her the fuck out. A number of her fellow UFC bantamweights could take her out if she couldn't clinch or go to the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom