• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK: Donkey Konga campaign to include sponsership of Takeshis Castle

Deg

Banned
http://www.cube-europe.com/news.php?nid=7017

lol. Takeshi's Castle on Challenge tv, good choice!

skippingstones4.JPG

mushroom3.jpg

bitethebun.jpg

slipperywall.jpg

wipeout.jpg

showofhands.jpg

highrollers.jpg

slipway.jpg

gridiron.jpg

blueberryhill.jpg

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
Is that the show where they "translate" a japanese game-show so that everybody is a pervert?

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Too bad the UK version has a TERRIBLE dub commentator.

They should just leave it in Japanese, Takeshi himself sounds more interesting than that spoony bard.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
I enjoyed the US version quite a bit actually but I wish they aired the original and unmodified. Then again it probably would have been taken off within a week.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
TekunoRobby said:
I enjoyed the US version quite a bit actually but I wish they aired the original and unmodified. Then again it probably would have been taken off within a week.
I would love to see it aired as intended too, but as MXC, it's still more than amusing enough for me. :D

Why hasn't Takeshi's Castle been made into a party game - or has it? When I first saw the MXC I thought "so that's how they thought of Mario party".

Mermandala said:
Why hasn't Takeshi's Castle been made into a party game - or has it? When I first saw the MXC I thought "so that's how they thought of Mario party".
In a previous thread about MXC, someone made note of the fact that the show was so old there's a Famicom game based on it.

Thanks! forgot just how old it was, still wonder if a drunken nintendo developer said "hey, remember that keerazy show?" Spinning mushrooms man.

4953.png

ourumov

Do they still do Takeshi's Castle ???

SHIT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THis is one my favourite SHOWs ever. My childhood's personal myth :) I always wanted to play in one edition.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
speedpop said:
Too bad the UK version has a TERRIBLE dub commentator.

They should just leave it in Japanese, Takeshi himself sounds more interesting than that spoony bard.

Did you just call Craig Charles terrible?

craig2.jpg

"Smeg off"

Is that the show where they "translate" a japanese game-show so that everybody is a pervert?

Yep!

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Ghost said:
Did you just call Craig Charles terrible?

craig2.jpg

"Smeg off"

Yep!

Isn't that the guy who hosts Robot Wars here in the US? Sure as hell looks like him.

Craig Charles rocks... I love Beat Takeshi, but I've grown to like Charles' constant innuendo. He must be paid pittance for it.

Good choice in sponsering the show, it fits... but I don't know how many people watch it on Challenge. If it were moving to terrestrial TV or one of the higher rating satallite/cable channels over here, I'd understand.

Prine

Banned
Craig Charles is brilliant. I love his commentry, one of the main reasons why i was attracted to the show.
"Happy, clappy, slappy. jappy!"

Top Bottom