• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
I go to City Gents too, if you go before 11 on a Saturday it costs a tenner. Still a bit more than a barber-shack, but you do get a ASMRgasm head massage by a hottie.

Re Cadburys philly : It's good on digestives, that's about it. There's no Philadelphia-ness to it, it's just chocolate spread.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
here is the work of the barber. keep in mind i usually give my self a buzz cut so this is all new to me.

IMG_0860.jpg

lol one of my eyes looks fucked, dodgy photo is dodgy!

but yeah guys i fucking love this new cut.

cost me a fiver guys

Chinner

Banned
Remedy?

I used to go to City Gents in Leeds city centre but it wasn't worth the £18 in the end.

Now I go to the most "ladish" barbers in York called 'Crew'. There's a PS3 with FIFA on and they all play and have the most ludicrous 'banter' while I'm getting my hair cut. Free beer with a cut though and it's only £12.
yeah its remedy. no ps3 but they do give beers sometimes.

Meadows

Banned
My missus gets her hair cut at Remedy, or she used to anyway, I think they stopped doing it for ladies. Good magazines though.

Anyone know any good barbers in Manchester City Center? Seems like something I should know before moving there. £10-15 price range would be best.

Kentpaul

CHEEZMO™;36524478 said:
Is it me or does Kent look Chinese there?

the fuck lol

i love my face dude.

Get the barber to shave that neck, lad.

I love my hairy ass chest/neck. But i will shave the neck when i go for a shower.

My missus gets her hair cut at Remedy, or she used to anyway, I think they stopped doing it for ladies. Good magazines though.

Anyone know any good barbers in Manchester City Center? Seems like something I should know before moving there. £10-15 price range would be best.

I'm now a pro on barbers. We drove outside town to a little area and just used the local barbers there.

fuck a town centre barbers

Meadows

Banned
I go to City Gents too, if you go before 11 on a Saturday it costs a tenner. Still a bit more than a barber-shack, but you do get a ASMRgasm head massage by a hottie.

the eastern European lady? She was shite at cutting my hair. The bigger lad who I remember looking like Jason Manford is better but he chats on about some proper bollocks. Like how he's gonna go to ____ on Saturday and how last Saturday he did ____ while drinking ____ and how entertaining that is. Could barely hear him anyway for the blow drier.

Meadows

Banned
no they started cutting womens hair for a year or two now. done upstairs innit.

I think the dude who did womens hair moved away to NZ or something, phoned em the other day and they said they didn't do womens any more. Shame really it's pretty chill. There's some old crazy guy who's always there when I'm in. I think he's an artist or something, he doesn't work there but he chills there for some reason. The barbers always seem to semi-ignore him, it's kind of weird.

Kentpaul

i find it great a women's haircut costs like 80 quid yet a dudes is around 5-15 quid.

a one up for men on this one.

Kentpaul

Depends on the type of cut for the chap. Short back and sides is a lot cheaper than having it cut to a style, layered, tactically thinned in places etc.

yeah i generally meant like a mans man type haircut not a metro sexual style situation.

I'm looking forward to my next barber visit.

Meadows

Banned
I'm now a pro on barbers. We drove outside town to a little area and just used the local barbers there.

fuck a town centre barbers

I suppose you're right to an extent.

Me dad used to take me to a black barber shop for like 4 years when I was a kid. It was in Chorlton (Manchester) and I remember being confused as to why all the rest of the customers were always Jamaican. My dad knew the owner though so I got it for like £3.

Kentpaul

I suppose you're right to an extent.

Me dad used to take me to a black barber shops for like 4 years when I was a kid. It was in Chorlton (Manchester) and I remember being confused as to why all the rest of the customers were always Jamaican. My dad knew the owner though so I got it for like £3.

speaking of ethnic barbers i hear nothing but good things about Turkish barber shops.

barber-shop.jpeg

Never noticed before but whats with these things always outside barber shops ?

fuck barber shops are so fucking interesting.

i get my haircut at some student place in nottingham, and the bloke who cuts it has ginger dreadlocks and bounces around to house music when he's doing it.

shit's crazy.

also, he asked his mate how much a train to newcastle would be, they didn't know. i said, well it'd be quite expensive considering newcastle is as far north as you can get without going into scotland.

he replied "so newcastle's up north?"

i just said "...yeh"

dear god. he cuts hair well though!

defel

Barber shops have to be one of the most masculine places you can go. I remember I went to one in Marylebone last year ran by an Italian guy who could have been Berlusconi's half-brother in both looks and attitude.

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
the eastern European lady? She was shite at cutting my hair. The bigger lad who I remember looking like Jason Manford is better but he chats on about some proper bollocks. Like how he's gonna go to ____ on Saturday and how last Saturday he did ____ while drinking ____ and how entertaining that is. Could barely hear him anyway for the blow drier.

I'm in Hull, they have a branch here too. I like Natalie as she carries on the tradition of pressing her bosom to your cheeks as she cuts.

I'd love a proper barbershop shave like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jN5gmdwATY4

Edit: is this you Kent?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5_p3fmE914

Kentpaul

real men get shaved at the barbers

speaking of shaving. Sigh i forgot to shave when i was in the shower :(

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i had a horrible realisation the other day

all those times when you hear bad statistics about the UK i've always been like 'well, at least america's worse'

but now on some things, including social mobility, we're actually worse than the USA

we're also rapidly approaching their obesity rates

shit's goddamn depressing. i knew that the tories have been waging a war against social equity for 40 years but i had kind of hoped they weren't so successful.

that's me in Spain. Never packed my shaver so i never shaved for 4 days!
you look very suntanned burnt

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i didn't buy battlefield 3, i think because the run up and internet showdown between it and MW3 was so obnoxious

i know that's a terrible reason to not buy it but i stand by it

Fuckin hell. My new place is literally on the wrong side of the border between Virgin Media cabled area and not. Fuck, no BT Infinity either means I'll have to settle for at most 24Mbps. Ugggggh.

Kentpaul

i didn't buy battlefield 3, i think because the run up and internet showdown between it and MW3 was so obnoxious

i know that's a terrible reason to not buy it but i stand by it

Its fucking great. So much chaos going on you feel like your in a real battle.

just bought the GTX560TI to improve my graphics (using a 6770 right now)

ahahah

no but seriously he looks younger in other photos.

Yeah man. I'm in great shape. I do a lot to keep my body perfect. (Work my arms every day and i walk around 5 miles a day around my warehouse (i think lol) )

Suairyu

Banned
It's really difficult reading NeoGAF right now. I scroll straight past my own posts, not recognising them as my own. Had the same problem when Chinner and I swapped for a month. April Fool's better be finished soon.

Also Anchorman is on BBC Three at 9pm.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan

Thanks for the notice.

Was talking the other day about how I've never actually watched the whole thing. Prime opportunity!

Also, I'm so fucking starving right now but I got KFC on the way. Awww yeah 8)

Kentpaul

It's really difficult reading NeoGAF right now. I scroll straight past my own posts, not recognising them as my own. Had the same problem when Chinner and I swapped for a month. April Fool's better be finished soon.

Use the iphone app, your entire posts highlights green. I had the same problem when i moved away from my buckfast picture. Nightshift in 2 hours folks. Shit is about to get REAL.

Tomorrow folks I'l be hitting the Guinness and drunk posting in this thread!, Its going to be good cause i ain't really been drinking much since i started posting in this thread.

in regard to BF3, add me guys. i just took this screeny, check the awesome graphics!

bf3_2012_03_31_19_15_26_35.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom