• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Synless

Official thread is official, cannot stress enough how badly I want this game!! Most wanted game this generation I'd say.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
BruceLeeRoy said:
Definitely a dick move but in a round about way quite the compliment Kilgore.
:/
If an idiot call you smart is not much of a compliment huh ? T___T
Yeah, im not a huge Kotaku fan.

deepbrown

KAOz said:
:lol
How is that a spoiler really? I mean, it has been heavily discussed by Naughty Dog when it comes to their tech for the game. And I didn't mean one would actually visit those places, but that the train is a proper object moving through a real landscape. Thereby passing everything by.
Instead of say, Killzone 2, which has the train as a static level and then "fake" the train moving by using the backgrounds.

I think they might have mentioned that Uncharted 2 was one of the first games to really do that. But I can have misheard.

Also, Deepbrown, that "spoiler"-video, was the gameplay video from PAX, that most people have seen. :)

Dude, read what i said above. How can I know it's a really bad spoiler unless I read what is said? I'm not going to risk reading it :) And i didn't watch the pax video...and again, how would I know it's the Pax video unless I watch it, which I'm not going to do.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Are we sure that the European release date (October 16th) is actually for all of Europe, and not just the UK? The reason I'm asking is because pretty much every Swedish online retailer has the release date listed as October 14th, and you'd think they've got the correct date by now. This difference between the UK and the rest of Europe is not unheard of.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
alr1ghtstart said:
Has there been any confirmation of clan support?

Nope. It's more of an easy going kind of MP game. Meet with friends, have some fun, talk shit. That kind of stuff.

LaneDS

I think we'll get lots of miniboss-esque encounters. Like the chain gunner at the end of the MP beta, or enemies with more health or bigger guns than you'd normally expect. Or fighting that helicopter, or a tank. The first game didn't have anything like that, and this game is ripe for more varied encounters.

deepbrown said:
Alright, alright I over-reacted...but I was only playing the three shut ups :)

Plus I didn't know I was overracting...because I didn't read what was said. All I knew was that he was talking about a video that had "spoiler" put before it - so I had no idea what was in the video, how spoilerific it was and if a description of the video would be a really bad (or not so bad) spoiler.

It's all good sir. Everyone should be pals in this thread anyway. Uncharted 2 brings families together and saves orphaned puppies. Spoiler:
it's true!

TheExecutive said:
The Crash universe is much more open to boss battles.

Boss battles can work in Uncharted too depending how theyre executed. I'd hope for a 'Foxhound'-esque group of bosses but I know that wont happen.

BruceLeeRoy said:
Eurogamer has reviewed it?
Wow nice.

Hey Kilgore Metacritic is up: 98
Not the Eurogamer that we all know and love. This is Eurogamer.pt, and they're usually pretty generous with their scoring. We can still expect the 7/10 sometime this week. :lol

KAOz

Short bus special
deepbrown said:
Dude, read what i said above. How can I know it's a really bad spoiler unless I read what is said? I'm not going to risk reading it :) And i didn't watch the pax video...and again, how would I know it's the Pax video unless I watch it, which I'm not going to do.

Okey. I'll give you that one then. :D

lunlunqq

Again, I cannot wait. This is one of the very few games that the wife would watch me play. She's zero interest in any other games. The only other game she has watched me played is Uncharted 1.

highluxury said:
Boss battles can work in Uncharted too depending how theyre executed. I'd hope for a 'Foxhound'-esque group of bosses but I know that wont happen.

Sure, sure, I am not saying that they cannot be in there but that one universe is ultimately more condusive to boss battles. I hope there are some in U2 but only if they work well with the story.

KZObsessed

KilgoreTrout said:
bjipud.jpg

NEW CHARACTER | Zoran Lazarevic is a Serbian war criminal who is set on getting to Shambhala via terror and a very large
army. He is the primary antagonist in Among Thieves.​

Serbia fuck yeah!

RoadHazard

Gold Member

ZeroRay

This game needs to come out sooner.

I took a nap and had a dream about finally getting it. :lol

The same nap also contained a heart warming story of the Kool-Aid man creating an alternate world within our world where a lot of crazy shit happened.

No45

MiamiWesker said:
Uncharted is a game where mutant zombie nazis who were cursed by treasure tried to kill you. There is PLENTY of oppertunity for boss battles. They better add more.
They were Spaniards. Also there was nothing in the game to indicate any other kind of mutation (This isn't RE). And, finally, we* have no reason to believe this same story mechanism is in the second game.

* - I should clarify that I have no reason to believe it's in this game. I'm ignoring all media, so apologies if something like that is in there. I'd take a huge skirmish against a small army over a fight against a random beast/monster any day. See Uncharted, Resistance 1 and Halo for examples. :)

ZeroRay

There's a 50% chance we'll fight a Yeti so there's a possibility of one boss.

EDIT: Looks like they took down the Gamepro review.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
More great reviews. Funny gamepro mentions the story is drawn out just a little bit. That's the thing with these types of games and FPS too. It's hard to keep a game going strong for over 10 hours... eventually it gets a little repetetive.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Other than the superior cover, is it worth getting the Special Edition? Game UK have it for the same price as the regular-ass version.

-Amon-

Thank you for the great OP :D

Great job really.

Got this on preorder, loved the first to death, played both betas, loving every second of every video i've seen of UC2.

It's gonna be a great ride for sure !

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I repeat:

RoadHazard said:
...and that also answers my question about the release dates:

"So once the Beta’s over do not despair, as the full game will be released on October 14th in Europe, October 15th in Australia and New Zealand, and October 16th in the UK and Ireland."

So October 16th is not for all of Europe, which the OP seems to imply. Update for correctness?

Also, the OP is missing the European Limited Edition steelbook (well, the box art is there, but not in all its steelbook glory):

jggwmt.png

Thirdly; has anyone posted the review score for Swedish gaming magazine LEVEL? If not:

Main review: 10/10
Second opinion: 9/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom