• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 |OT| All Developers Dream, But Not Equally

Square Triangle said:
Omg, just announced.
qlzPG.jpg

How adorably badass.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
brandonh83 said:
Anyone know for sure when the Subway winners will receive the game aside from the stated 8-10 weeks? I know GT5 and infamous 2 shipped a bit early, is that the same case for UC3?

I mean I'm sorry but if it really takes 8-10 weeks that destroys the excitement of winning the game. I don't think anyone who wants the game or is excited to win it is actually going to want to wait that long.
We don't know. The site doesn't mention getting the game before launch like the other promos did. IIRC though, the other promos also gave out generic 8-10 weeks shipping estimate even for the pre-release prizes that launched a couple of weeks after the promo began.

FWIW, the same company handling all the Subway promos is in charge of shipping out the AMC copies. They shipped out the AMC copies earlier today and they should be delivered on Thursday. If the Subway copies are also pre-release, they should have shipped out today and be delivered around Thursday as well.

Killthee said:
FWIW, the same company handling all the Subway promos is in charge of shipping out the AMC copies. They shipped out the AMC copies earlier today and they should be delivered on Thursday. If the Subway copies are also pre-release, they should have shipped out today and be delivered around Thursday as well.

That's some interesting info, hopefully they don't hold back on the Subway winners. I just won this like 2 days ago so hopefully if they're sending them out today it's already been processed and all that.

I don't even mind if I don't get it until next week sometime after the game is out, I just don't want to wait over 2 fucking months.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Loudninja said:
The game does not have to be install.
Probably does a background cache to HDD, while you're playing, like the previous two. Smartest loading system there is, I think God of War 3 also uses it.

Jarmel

Banned
Beam said:
The single player campaign should be amazing. I will try and play on hard the first time.

Please tell me we can start on Crushing this time around instead of the usual, beat the game first then Crushing is unlocked, as I prefer to run it through on the first time as hard as possible.

Luthos

Jarmel said:
Please tell me we can start on Crushing this time around instead of the usual, beat the game first then Crushing is unlocked, as I prefer to run it through on the first time as hard as possible.
I think I remember hearing you could this time around in that one IGN Beyond podcast.

Loudninja said:
The game does not have to be install.
So nice. I'm still rockin' a 80GB ps3, so I've had to clean out some installs and stuff recently.

Corran Horn said:
wait wait wait wait. Uncharted 3 comes with Starhawk beta?

Fucking sold.

My most wanted game of 2011 comes with a taste of my most wanted game of 2012? Enticing. I think I just might just purchase this.

Raonak

Banned
Jarmel said:

I don't think i could do that. Dying so much would sour my first playthrough of the game, which is usually the most important

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Raonak said:
I don't think i could do that. Dying so much would sour my first playthrough of the game, which is usually the most important

Yeah, it's one thing to want a challenge once you've finished the game, but crushing is such a slog that it's guaranteed to completely ruin the flow and force you to repeat things until they lose all impact unless you're some kind of shooter wunderkind.

Not how Uncharted was meant to be played, at all.

Jarmel

Banned
hey_it's_that_dog said:
Yeah, it's one thing to want a challenge once you've finished the game, but crushing is such a slog that it's guaranteed to completely ruin the flow and force you to repeat things until they lose all impact unless you're some kind of shooter wunderkind.

Not how Uncharted was meant to be played, at all.

I can take anything after World at War's Veteran campaign.

Jarmel said:
I can take anything after World at War's Veteran campaign.
The problem for me would be less that I'm playing it on a hard difficulty and more that I'm playing a shooter with a controller and not a mouse and keyboard.

Jarmel

Banned
Meisadragon said:
Oh god, the grenade spam. The difficulty was horrendous. But I managed to beat it somehow; OCD ftw.

Absolutely insane. It broke me in regards to difficulty. Now for the hardest difficulty for any game, I expect to die a minimum of twenty times per level.

In case anyone is based in Munich/Germany, Heimspiel-Games is going to sell the game from 1pm. That's what their website says. I'll try to pick one up :).

Luthos

Fortinbras said:
I'm going to pick up my copy in a few hours so obviously Germany doesn't care about street dates. Again. :D
Germany sucks. And by that, I mean I'm mad jelly.

And I mean that Germany sucks. >_>

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
music.jpg

Is this from the SP campaign or an unlockable/downloadable content?

I like these pixels. I want to buy these pixels, then wear them.

wouwie

I've been on a media blackout for this game ever since it was announced. Saw the first trailer and some of the burning chateau gameplay and screens and that is it. A couple of locations/situations have been spoilered to me but i haven't seen them yet. It wasn't fun to be on a media blackout for this game but i'm convinced it's going to be worth it in the end. I loved both Uncharted 1&2.

My only worry is if ND has included even more setpieces this time? Ultimately, when replaying the games (which i plan to do on normal, hard and crushing), the setpieces and the puzzles were the "least" fun.

Anyway, i can not wait for this game and the soundtrack (which is up for pre-order on iTunes). It's been a long year waiting for this game and i'm hoping it's going to be as good as UC1&2.

Fortinbras said:
I'm going to pick up my copy in a few hours so obviously Germany doesn't care about street dates. Again. :D
Well, if you don't sign shit, you don't need to care about street dates. That's why they can sell games like UC3 this early :D.

Great OT. Can we finally move on from the flippin' Eurogamer review yet? The entire industry seems to have responded to the "controversy" and it's watered down the sea of overwhelming positivity (including Eurogamer) that's come with Uncharted 3.

I'm sure Naughty Dog adore their fans, but even they must be pissed that the entire post-review discussion has honed in on one review.

And yes, I appreciate the irony that I'm still talking about it. Urgh. Had to get that off my chest.

So... That Sackboy looks cute!

Pranay

get2sammyb said:
Great OT. Can we finally move on from the flippin' Eurogamer review yet? The entire industry seems to have responded to the "controversy" and it's watered down the sea of overwhelming positivity (including Eurogamer) that's come with Uncharted 3.

I'm sure Naughty Dog adore their fans, but even they must be pissed that the entire post-review discussion has honed in on one review.

And yes, I appreciate the irony that I'm still talking about it. Urgh. Had to get that off my chest.

So... That Sackboy looks cute!

TBH Everyone had stopped discussing that review but then some people started how that review was so accurate and so perfect.

Top Bottom