• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 |OT| All Developers Dream, But Not Equally

legbone said:
damn, i can't believe my local gamestop isn't doing a midnight launch. i just spoke with the manager and she said they only had eight preorders.

My town must have bad taste too because I was all psyched for the midnight launch only to arive and find the Gamestop shuttered. :(

FFS they had a midnight for Fable III and Dragon Age 2 of all games.

I only go to about two midnights a year, so I'm kind of bummed.

It sucks because there only used to be one Gamestop, so they always had midnights. Then they started opening them like Subways to the point there were 4 within 15 minutes of each other. Then they closed the main one at the mall and we're left with the tiny strip mall Gamestops now.

As more of you pick this up I can't wait to talk about the visuals. There has been a lot of nitpicking going on but there are chapters in this game that will seem impossible. I still don't understand how ND pulled them off.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
BruceLeeRoy said:
As more of you pick this up I can't wait to talk about the visuals. There has been a lot of nitpicking going on but there are chapters in this game that will seem impossible. I still don't understand how ND pulled them off.
how'd you get it early bruce?

Loudninja

All the subway stuff carries over without the logo.
@PeoplesGameSite they carry over, but they won't have the Subway logo and other stuff when they do
http://twitter.com/#!/Naughty_Dog/status/131217290338369538

Meisadragon said:
You know the gameplay mechanics well now, so Crushing won't be that difficult. I really don't know whether to start on normal or hard. :\

I've always done the Uncharted games on normal, I think I'm going to start on hard tomorrow.

Just Got my game. Let's do this. :D

There were a lot of people at the gamestop i picked up mine at. Not Black Ops amount but a lot nonetheless.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
438678012.jpg

*_*

I played some at the store... SO GOOD.

The line at my Gamestop consisted of two rednecks in camo and a guy who thinks the series is called Drake and not Uncharted. He kept saying "I liked Drake 1 and Drake 2 so this will be my game of the year."

Also while walking out I was looking at the case and ran into a Modern Warfare 3 stand and knocked it over. I didn't feel bad about that.

Ricky_R said:
You shall disagree with every negative impression there is

Probably. I generally do.

brandonh83 said:
Also while walking out I was looking at the case and ran into a Modern Warfare 3 stand and knocked it over. I didn't feel bad about that.

Hahahaha I've done that before when I was distracted. Sometimes those GS stores will put them standees anywhere!

Loudninja

brandonh83 said:
The line at my Gamestop consisted of two rednecks in camo and a guy who thinks the series is called Drake and not Uncharted. He kept saying "I liked Drake 1 and Drake 2 so this will be my game of the year."

Hahaha.

Man I am bored :_:

jett

D-Member
brandonh83 said:

LOL

brandonh83 said:

My day is made.

LOL

8 chapters in and really enjoying it.
Main gripe is that ND have focused way too much on the melee. To the point where it hurts the gun battles. AI on Normal seems stupider than UC2. Either they run around like headless chickens or run right up to you looking for a fistfight.

Hazelhurst

BruceLeeRoy said:
Jesus, you've got me pumped. My jaw hit the floor when I first climbed up the train in U2 back in 2009. I was so giddy.

neoism

so guys I still haven't had mine shipped at amazon yet... I have prime so I should get it tomorrow. but... :( sucks though. I have all day off, but my house number changed and now I don't get packages til like 600est... :( :( :( :(

I still have my $30 off coupon for Kmart when I bought Batman:AC so I guess I will be buying my copy from them tomorrow. They really need to stop with the gaming coupons. I'm not a Kmart fan but they continue to put out crazy gaming deals.

Ricky_R

Why do so many people ship their games? Because there's no store near? Laziness? convenience? Pre-order goodies? Discount?

I just go to GS or Best Buy and buy the game.

Well at least newegg shipped a day early so I get it in 2 days instead of 3. Wednesday will be a very happy day.

Ricky_R said:
Why do so many people ship their games? Because there's no store near? Laziness? convenience? Pre-order goodies?

For me it's that it's cheaper (no tax+amazon credit or newegg pre-order discount) and pretty convenient since Prime has free release date shipping and newegg has free 2-3 day shipping.

jett said:
Enjoy your Drake 3 people

Actually I just remembered he would say "Drakes" and not just Drake. "Drakes is good, best game out there."

Chapter 2, these graphics... this is probably the best looking PS4 game so far.

Ricky_R

brandonh83 said:
Actually I just remembered he would say "Drakes" and not just Drake. "Drakes is good, best game out there."

hahah, funny how one simple s makes it funnier when you imagine it happening.

Top Bottom