• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cruzader

Banned
NotTheGuyYouKill said:
osshsn.gif
I hope no one is posting SP gifs FFS!!!!!!!!!!!

Get out with this shit bro. Dont care if its from a commercial too. Dont post crap like this that can easily spoil any location/character/scene.

Yea that gif aint that bad but please, try not to use any of any media. Some of us dont like to watch streams before the damn game is out like alot of you.

chessnut

Grisby said:
I wish that shit could happen in MP. The close combat kills seem so tame and lame compared to SP.

it does happen sometimes. you have to have shot the guy a couple times before you go for the melee

Cruzader said:
I hope no one is posting SP gifs FFS!!!!!!!!!!!

Get out with this shit bro. Dont care if its from a commercial too. Dont post crap like this that can easily spoil any location/character/scene.

Yea that gif aint that bad but please, try not to use any of any media. Some of us dont like to watch streams before the damn game is out like alot of you.

What did I spoil? That you punch a guy in the desert?

Irish

EloquentM said:
If you're on complete black out why do you enter any uncharted threads at all?

People don't know the meaning of black out as it is commonly used in these situations, obviously.

EDIT: It's like a reverse of the TV ad thread. :D

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Irish said:
People don't know the meaning of black out as it is commonly used in these situations, obviously.
Almost as bad as the people who intentionally post in threads of games they don't like just to tell everyone they don't like the game.

Cruzader

Banned
EloquentM said:
If you're on complete black out why do you enter any uncharted threads at all?
Oh so now every U3 thread can have spoilers of the game before its out? Im not in "complete blackout" because thats the dumbest thing ive heard. I can see stuff we have seen and maybe some details that are know such as MP details but not clips showing new scenes or pictures with spoilers of location etc.

This thread doesnt state "beware:spoilers" so why should I be worried? There are multiple threads where people who like to spoil themselves the game, can go to for instance, the Gamescons thread. I kept out of it. So now I come here to see how its getting reviewed, not to be fucking spoiled the game.

Im sorry I freaked over a gif but that doesnt mean you can go ahead and post gifs which some may or may not have seen on purpose. Sorry for little rant, continue with the review discussion.

Irish

The review thread is like literally the worst place to be. Even the review linked in this thread spoils the end of the game. Thankfully, no one has translated it here and posted it yet. I personally don't like story spoilers, but don't mind seeing environments and if you have seen an image of Uncharted 3 at all like when it was very first revealed, you have basicall seen that location in the gif.

That gif posted above really doesn't show anything other than a standard melee move that can be performed at any point in time in the game. The enemy is a random.

I can understand the concern though. Like I said, most spoilers bug the hell out of me as well, but this is a bad place for the spoiler wary.

thuway

Today is the day reviews are supposed to hit. What the hell is going on? There is zero hype and excitement. What time is the embargo being lifted?

Stairs said:
hmm the uncharted games arent bad actually there just not as good as japan games like catherine or some naruto games...i was hoping for a really good uncharted game this year to make waiting for ni no kuni alittle easier lol..looks like unchy 3 wont be great great oh well

Down the stairs, you should go.

Stairs

Banned
thuway said:
Today is the day reviews are supposed to hit. What the hell is going on? There is zero hype and excitement. What time is the embargo being lifted?

it looks like its not as good as people were thinking..atleast thats what ive heard...the first review was okay but not perfect..

upJTboogie said:
But did you get Uncharted 3? How can you talk about the entire series when you only played 2/3 of it.

lol come on, the game is the same the setpieces are changed.

It's pretty easy to make a hypothesis on whether uncharted 3 will be good or not:

1. Did you like Uncharted 2? 3's for you
2. Didn't like it? lol this won't change your mind.

I hope we get some varied scenarios. It was pretty cool that you got to break into a museum in the second game.

Pranay

thuway said:

Magzine Reviews embargo ends but to know the review the magzine should be released first ~_~

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Stairs said:
it looks like its not as good as people were thinking..atleast thats what ive heard...the first review was okay but not perfect..
what? this is the first review

Am I missing something

Cruzader said:
Oh so now every U3 thread can have spoilers of the game before its out? Im not in "complete blackout" because thats the dumbest thing ive heard. I can see stuff we have seen and maybe some details that are know such as MP details but not clips showing new scenes or pictures with spoilers of location etc.

This thread doesnt state "beware:spoilers" so why should I be worried? There are multiple threads where people who like to spoil themselves the game, can go to for instance, the Gamescons thread. I kept out of it. So now I come here to see how its getting reviewed, not to be fucking spoiled the game.

Im sorry I freaked over a gif but that doesnt mean you can go ahead and post gifs which some may or may not have seen on purpose. Sorry for little rant, continue with the review discussion.

lol You need some xanax

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Pranay_ said:
Their are no boss fights in the game

Good thing or a bad thing ?

Both.
I like that there is no endgame boss fight as each such battle in the previous two games was undoubtedly the worst aspect, however omitting boss battles entirely is a tad disappointing as they work well when implemented organically - such as the helicopter in Among Thieves.

Loudninja

JaseC said:
Both.
I like that there is no endgame boss fight as each such battle in the previous two games was undoubtedly the worst aspect, however omitting boss battles entirely is a tad disappointing as they work well when implemented organically - such as the helicopter in Among Thieves.
It depends on what they mean by boss fights,I didn't consider that helicopter a boss fight but a set piece

Pranay

Review Details from Playmania. Almost no Spoilers, their were 1 or 2 i removed it but still adding the adding the review in spoiler tags lol
- Combat is showy and spectacular
- One of the reasons things are so spectacular is becuase of the contextual animations
- Nathan’s actions can change based on the level and whatever is near [ you can any object like a vast and use it]
- Much attention to detail
- Moments that you won’t expect (like pipes breaking while you climb and other similar surprises that keep you on guard)
- A great game that you won’t find on any other console
- Lighting/shading effects have been given more care
- Some areas that are true works of art
- Epic soundtrack
- One of the best adventures on PS3
- Reviewer praises the dubbing (remember, this is a Spanish review)
- Reviewer seems to say he misses bosses (there are only different types of soldiers)
- Some feelings of “deja vu” (only sometimes)
- Game is so good that the couple of points above aren’t too significant
- Reviewer praised the fact that co-op and competitive multiplayer can be played in split-screen, both local and online
- The 3D effect is very successful, one of the best they’ve seen
- 101 treasures and relics invite you to re-play the levels to see everything
- Persecution on foot in Yemen
- Many new features/changes for multiplayer
- Co-op has 5 levels, including one of Borneo Uncharted 2
- It’s the closest thing to playing as Indiana Jones
- The reviewer says that the single-player mode will take about 10 hours
- The game is a visual spectacle: it’s a game that enters your eyes, you have not seen anything like this on the PS3 or other consoles
- It’s Nathan’s most dramatic and intense adventure
- Shooting takes up most of the action, though there’s still platforming, puzzle-solving, etc.
- Each area is unique
- Great animations: in each level, Nathan has different gestures and details, like staggering in a ship with waves
- The recreation of water in the game is second to none
- If you don’t know Chloe/Elena/Suli, you’ll get lost with plot details, but nothing that’s too important
- The good: graphics, dubbing, situations, gameplay… it’s a gem with almost no weak spots
- The bad: Some levels seem quite reminiscent of Uncharted 2. That’s it.
- The best adventure to enjoy for on the PS3, fun for, technical quality, game options, and emotion
- From an artistic point of view, Uncharted 3 is a marvel; you’ve never seen such terrific scenes
- The puzzles have gained something in difficulty even though the game doesn’t look to make you get stuck
- Uncharted 3 conveys the desolation feeling of being lost in the desert; the game conveys many feelings
- Graphics: Simply one of the best on PS3 (99/100)
- Sound: Magisterial dubbing, effects and soundtrack. A pleasure to the ear (99/100)
- Entertainment: Intense, varied, replayable, secrets (99/100)
- Length: 10 hours single-player, online co-cop, a lot of replayability (97/100)

from gamingeverything

Shai-Tan

Banned
Early reviews are usually like an extra +1 out of 10 relative to the eventual gamerankings/metacritic score, then for big releases .2-.5 of the gamerankings/metacritic score is hype so it's really an 8.5-8.8 guys :p

kidding
not really

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Pranay_ said:
Their are no boss fights in the game

Good thing or a bad thing ?

Considering that
the only "real" boss fight in Uncharted 2 was the lowpoint of the game
, I won't complain.

Radec

Cruzader said:

oh wow. LOL

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Loudninja said:
It depends on what they mean by boss fights,I didn't consider that helicopter a boss fight but a set piece

Well, the helicopter is relentless, tougher than the typically-encountered enemies, and you destroy it. Sufficient criteria if you ask me. :p The sequence is, in essence, a set piece, however

Pranay

The review has no spoilers, whatever it had i removed it.

Though still one point from the review is that it has the best implementation of 3d in a game.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

The Naughty Gods spit at that review. Naughty Gods do not require a review. Because a review, a praising review, is a petty understatement. The ground will shake on Nov 11.2011.

Radec

bangladesh said:

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

The Naughty Gods spit at that review. Naughty Gods do not require a review. Because a review, a praising review, is a petty understatement. The ground will shake on Nov 11.2011.
November 11?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom