• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 street date broken as thieves steal copies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Comes up during the credits (can confirm it's real)

pG2_4QKR.jpg:large

The image doesn't show up but I guess it's the one related to Amy. Really nice of them.

dEvAnGeL

the hyperbole in this thread is getting so cringy now, yes they are good programmers but ND gods? i would expect no less form a studio that has pretty much everything they want from Sony and then some, is expected that first party games look this good

the hyperbole in this thread is getting so cringy now, yes they are good programmers but ND gods? i would expect no less form a studio that has pretty much everything they want from Sony and then some, is expected that first party games look this good
NaughtyGods (dogs backwards if you didn't get it) has been a thing for a long time. It's fun and what they're doing is amazing no matter who they're working for. It's exactly their prestige that warrants them the extra time and funds, not the other way around.

NeoRaider

I can't with some overreactions to be honest. It really sounds cringe worthy.
And i also think that it looks great but dat hyperbole and overreaction... XD

zsynqx

Any thank you to Justin Richmond?

Well he was only game director on Uncharted 3. Surely Richard Lemarchand, lead/co-lead designer on the first 3 would get a shout out before him..

They still might have tbbh. I only saw this image.

Also guys just stop, even if you think it's true. Just causes arguments.

The Lamp

Microsoft and Nintendo first-party games never look as good as a current Naughty Dog title. They're on a different level in technical and creative skill.

Well he was only game director on Uncharted 3. Surely Richard Lemarchand lead/co-lead designer on the first 3 would get a shout out before him..

I asked that question because he did work on the "original" Uncharted 4 alongside Amy before that whole thing got rebooted. So it's not strange to think he'd be credited as well given that Bruce/Neil started their work off the remains of their work.

dEvAnGeL

NaughtyGods (dogs backwards if you didn't get it) has been a thing for a long time. It's fun and what they're doing is amazing no matter who they're working for. It's exactly their prestige that warrants them the extra time and funds, not the other way around.
i get it, they are good but some people here praise them like they are actually gods, which is weird o_O, like i said, ND has some of the best programmers in the industry but is expected, they are first party, all first party sony games look incredible, look at driveclub or ratchet even though that's second party, and last gen both god of war games looked incredible but you never hear people saying santa monica gods!

i get it, they are good but some people here praise them like they are actually gods, which is weird o_O, like i said, ND has some of the best programmers in the industry but is expected, they are first party, all first party sony games look incredible, look at driveclub or ratchet even though that's second party, and last gen both god of war games looked incredible but you never hear people saying santa monica gods!

Then you just haven't been in enough threads. Plenty of people expect SSM to out of ND, including me.

Loris146

God of war 3 was one of the most acclaimed games graphic wise.

dEvAnGeL

Microsoft and Nintendo first-party games never look as good as a current Naughty Dog title. They're on a different level in technical and creative skill.
on a technical level i agree but that's attributed to the fact that Sony's consoles are more powerful, the previous one and this one but saying that they are better than Nintendo on a creative level should get you arrested o_O

I'm not a believer in music being saved or made better by context.

That said, Nate's Theme simply sounds like a good piece of music to me. It'll be interesting how the context of the ending feels with that theme capping the credits off. Color me intrigued.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Care to explain?

Correct me if i'm wrong, but weren't you the guy repeatedly mentioning that you thought Quantum Break was so much more impressive looking in an earlier thread?

I mean, your opinion is just as valid as anyone else's, but I don't find that many would honestly agree with that statement. And here you are again, poo-pooing one of the undoubtedly best looking console games we've seen. People are hyped to play and the language used in this thread reflects this.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Because there's no play on words to call them that. God of War games were still praised for their visuals.

nib95

Banned

Is it? Because lately I feel like I've been pretty disappointed by the visuals of certain first party efforts. And I think you're mistaken if you think all first party devs are equal. For example, I very much doubt Sony Bend or Sucker Punch's new game for example, will look as good as Uncharted 4. The only first party effort I can see topping this visually, at least in the next year or so, is Sony Santa Monica's new God of War. I doubt Horizon is going to top it, being open world and all.

NeoRaider

Correct me if i'm wrong, but weren't you the guy repeatedly mentioning that you thought Quantum Break was so much more impressive looking in an earlier thread?

I mean, your opinion is just as valid as anyone else's, but I don't find that many would honestly agree with that statement. And here you are again, poo-pooing one of the undoubtedly best looking console games we've seen. People are hyped to play and the language used in this thread reflects this.

No i never said that QB was so much more impressive looking compared to the U4. And even if i was, and i wasn't so what?

This isn't your first time popping up in an Uncharted thread trying to downplay it, hyperbole or not.

Downplay it?? Lmfao
Look i know that my opinion or what i said (agreed with @devangel) is unpopular but please i never said that U4 doesn't look great. I keep repeating that it does, i will say it again if that will make you feel better. You totally missed the point here.

Hoo-doo

Banned
No i never said that QB was so much more impressive looking compared to the U4. And even if i was, and i wasn't so what?

Downplay it?? Lmfao
Look i know that my opinion or what i said (agreed with @devangel) is unpopular but please i never said that U4 doesn't look great. I keep repeating that it does, i will say it again if that will make you feel better. You totally missed the point here.

Then what's your actual point then, the language used by people praising the game? It's too positive? What bothers you about it?

NeoRaider

Then what's your actual point then, the language used by people praising the game? It's too positive? What bothers you about it?

A lot bothers me, but nothing surprises me anymore. And it's not even worth it, so just forget about it. I wasn't even the one who started this discussion. Bye.

Nintendo is out of all developers the most creative of all time, it doesn't mean the other ones aren't good, is just nones comes close to their talent, the only downside is that their consoles are always under powered and even with that their games shine in every way

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/inafune-mario-is-development-bible-for-game-creators/1100-6415489/

Hyperbole detected. And it's not true, in my opinion.

A lot bothers me, but nothing surprises me anymore. And it's not even worth it, so just forget about it. I wasn't even the one who started this discussion. Bye.

You came in to complain about our excitement and praise? smh

dEvAnGeL

Speaking of hyperbole...
creativity is something you can admire, anyone smart enouhg can code and makes things pretty, go and create a world full of life and make it enjoyable and incredibly satisfying to play over and over and over and over for over 20 years and keep people interested every time, that is talent

I hear if you say Naughty Gods 3 times, unironically, in the mirror, not only will your girlfriend leave you, but Crossing Eden will show up to say, "Assassin's Creed/Quantum Break tho"

talk to you kids about Naughty Dog hyperbole -- before its too late

creativity is something you can admire, anyone smart enouhg can code and makes things pretty, go and create a world full of life and make it enjoyable and incredibly satisfying to play over and over and over and over for over 20 years and keep people interested every time, that is talent

You say this as if non-Nintendo games were just graphics demo benchmarks that exist solely to show off tech. Hyperbole, indeed.

Theonik

Venom Fox

Banned
Haha I'd be pissed, honestly (asuming that the worst happened, of course).
Same, I think I'd be pissed off for a while and then probably contact Neil, Bruce and the team and accept. I don't hold grudges though.

Anyway guys, what's with this console war shit? Quantum Break is amazing in its own way the same as Uncharted is Amazing in its own way.

Even a thread about street day broken can't even escape console wars. You can bet that the review thread and DF thread will end up locked for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom