• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 street date broken as thieves steal copies

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know where the nearest CeX store to me is selling it (unless it's been sold whilst typing this), but I don't want to travel 8 hours to get there and back... Anybody in the Midlands area want to do me a massive favour? :p (or give me a PM if you want to know the store)

nib95

Banned
C'mon man, tag this shit!

That's a location spoiled for me

Madagascar is a location spoiled for you? If you're on that much of a blackout, it's probably not a good idea to be in this thread. Madagascar has already been shown off a million different times so far.

Madagascar is a location spoiled for you? If you're on that much of a blackout, it's probably not a good idea to be in this thread. Madagascar has already been shown off a million different times so far.

I know that it's partly my fault

But it's sooo tempting xD

Gurish

Yea, this thread is more of a spoiler free thread for people who don't want to see anything that wasn't shown in the official media, we talked plenty of times here in this thread about Madagscar and other shown locations without using any spoiler tag, now it will feel too late and kind of pointless to begin tagging official stuff we know.

Javin98

Banned
Nate's Theme 4.0 got posted on youtube. It has a shot of the Main Menu and credits but there's no spoilers, just has the names of the development team:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvnlHB7YUA8
Hmm, not sure how I feel about this yet. Sounds far less bombastic than the previous ones while more tonally emotional if anyone gets what I mean.

It is impressive that this looks better than Order 1886 and is of larger scale.
Not to mention that the environment is far less static and thus utilizes less baked shadowing techniques.

zsynqx

Sorry Jason :p

RKXLQ8Q.png

Gurish

Looks better than Order 1886? Personally I don't think so from these screenshots but I'll reserve my judgment for now until I play U4.

Meh, don't think TO1886 looks that hot considering its scale, lifeless world and David Cage's level of physics, U4 is so much more impressive.

JonnyKong

I know where the nearest CeX store to me is selling it (unless it's been sold whilst typing this), but I don't want to travel 8 hours to get there and back... Anybody in the Midlands area want to do me a massive favour? :p (or give me a PM if you want to know the store)

How have you managed to find out which Cex stores are selling it?

How have you managed to find out which Cex stores are selling it?

I work/did work there (quit the other day before all the UC4 stuff) so I could have looked up on the system if I was still there.

But today I asked my mum to check one of my local stores as she was passing it, and the woman there did a stock check of the closest store that has it which is too far for me to bother travelling :p

JonnyKong

I'm going into Cex today (in Middlesbrough), but if you're saying the nearest available copy to you is 8 hours away, I imagine stock left must be very very limited across the country!

Edit: forgot to quote you sexy Flanders.

Venom Fox

Banned
I'm going into Cex today (in Middlesbrough), but if you're saying the nearest available copy to you is 8 hours away, I imagine stock left must be very very limited across the country!

Just popping in to let you know that there's a 99.9% chance they won't sell it to you. Yesterday there was a company wide email stating that any store is caught selling it early, it'd bring massive repercussions. As we all know there's been a massive shit storm so the company is trying to stop stores from selling.

By all means try and grab a copy but if you do, it's probably best not to mention which store it has come from.

Editing to say: This is just what I've been told by a colleague yesterday. I'm personally forbidden from trying to get a copy from CEX early.

Looks better than Order 1886? Personally I don't think so from these screenshots but I'll reserve my judgment for now until I play U4.

I think so...for instance we have seen that boat scene in the trailers, and it looks more impressive to me than anything I have seen in the Order. The Order looks fantastic, and more filmic - they designed the game around making it as movie like as possible and no game comes closer in the visual framing. Other than that, I think this game is more ambitious visually - bigger areas, fullscreen, as good AA, as good effects, as good or better lighting, more impressive character models, more geometry, etc.

Well it's not 8 hours away, 4 there and then 4 back. If it was 8 hours a it might have been your store! :p I can imagine there's actually very few copies out there, but already the annoying spoiler ruiners already have them

Just popping in to let you know that there's a 99.9% chance they won't sell it to you. Yesterday there was a company wide email stating that any store is caught selling it early, it'd bring massive repercussions. As we all know there's been a massive shit storm so the company is trying to stop stores from selling.

By all means try and grab a copy but if you do, it's probably best not to mention which store it has come from.
But yeah, this. I didn't know there was an email sent but I would expect the stores that sold it would be in big trouble

Javin98

Banned
Now, now, guys. The game does look absolutely amazing, but let's refrain from using statements like "much better" and "on another level". It can start up unnecessary conflict and lead to platform wars and we don't need that here. Not trying to backseat mod, just trying to avoid conflicts.

On Demand

Banned
Now, now, guys. The game does look absolutely amazing, but let's refrain from using statements like "much better" and "on another level". It can start up unnecessary conflict and lead to platform wars and we don't need that here. Not trying to backseat mod, just trying to avoid conflicts.

Then that's the individuals fault if they can't handle an opinion different from theirs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom