• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 7 - Sundays on HBO

Gnome

Jon's probably got to go south for the dragon glass so there can be some encounter where either the dragons refuse to attack him or breathe fire on him and he's fine, and Dany's like "But I thought only I could...wait..."
Targaryens aren't just immune to fire though. Maester Aemon burnt up real well. So if they play that angle like you describe, they better have a better fucking explanation than "He's a Targaryen".

duckroll

"Oberyn wanted vengeance for Elia. Now the three of you want vengeance for him. I have four daughters, I remind you. Your sisters. My Elia is fourteen, almost a woman. Obella is twelve, on the brink of maidenhood. They worship you, as Dorea and Loreza worship them. If you should die, must El and Obella seek vengeance for you, then Dorea and Loree for them? Is that how it goes, round and round forever? I ask again, where does it end? I saw your father die. Here is his killer. Can I take a skull to bed with me, to give me comfort in the night? Will it make me laugh, write me songs, care for me when I am old and sick?"
-Ellaria Sand

"WEAK MEN WILL NEVER RULE DORNE AGAIN!" - Ellaria Sand

T_T

Speevy

Banned
Edmure is too weak-willed a character to have a future anyway.

We let him go and he what, goes on the run? Where? He'd be considered a traitor to everyone.

Speevy

Banned
Targaryens aren't just immune to fire though. Maester Aemon burnt up real well. So if they play that angle like you describe, they better have a better fucking explanation than "He's a Targaryen".

Some Targaryens take longer to bake.

Speevy

Banned
Jaime's going to get roasted by one of Dany's dragons but he charges across the field with his sword held high.

SECRET TARGARYEN!

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Jon's probably got to go south for the dragon glass so there can be some encounter where either the dragons refuse to attack him or breathe fire on him and he's fine, and Dany's like "But I thought only I could...wait..."

What if Bran makes it to him and tells him before he leaves? The Jon knows.

I honestly think Jon's biggest advantage will be that Tyrion is with Danny, and Tyrion likes him.

Is there an explanation why some of them are? Is it only females of the line?

Dany not burning alive in season 1 was supposed to be a miracle of sorts, she isn't supposed to be literally immune to fire (in the books).

Fuck knows what's up with that in the show. Jon was already burned in season 1 I believe (when they brought a wright to castle black and it attacked the Lord commander).

Dany being immune to the fire in vaes dothrak will be a show only thing I'm sure.

Other than that all I can say is it's not worth giving it more thought than the show writers did.

Speevy

Banned
What if Bran makes it to him and tells him before he leaves? The Jon knows.

I honestly think Jon's biggest advantage will be that Tyrion is with Danny, and Tyrion likes him.

I think his biggest advantage is the sex he will have with Dany within 5 minutes of meeting her.

I think his biggest advantage is the sex he will have with Dany within 5 minutes of meeting her.

She should have quite a grievance against him though since he is the bastard of Stark (at least as far as everyone knows). Ned aided Robert in the rebellion that killed her father and ended the family dynasty.

But yeah, forgot about Tyrion.

The show is fixated on just showing characters get revenge. The entire Frey murders by Arya are no doubt suppose to signify the end of that whole thread.
only now are we getting revenge with jon snow beating ramsay up and ara slitting walder's throat. 1-4 seasons of the most morally righteous characters living terrible lives.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Starks are probably #2 family on Danny's shit list.

There are so many ways the Danny/Jon meeting could go.

Will she hold the children responsible for their fathers actions? Taking Tyrion as Hand would imply she won't if they are loyal.

Will she see Jon as a threat, since he has arguably, the stronger claim as Rhaegar's son.

Pkaz01

She should have quite a grievance against him though since he is the bastard of Stark (at least as far as everyone knows). Ned aided Robert in the rebellion that killed her father and ended the family dynasty.

Ned also had his family murdered by her crazy father so that goes both ways. And Ned was the one who was willing to resign his position as hand rather than kill Dany, Varys can attest to that. If anything Dany has a lot to prove in that she isnt a nut like her father

Speevy

Banned

I was joking obviously, but my serious answer is that I think Daenerys will be the least mad at Jon on account of them trying to establish his familial connection to her.

She should hate everyone in Westeros who has not bent the knee to her, but just like Tyrion stepping into the dragon crypt, Jon is somehow different.

She won't instantly trust everything he says, but she'll have an instant connection with him.

Will she hold the children responsible for their fathers actions? Taking Tyrion as Hand would imply she won't if they are loyal.

Will she see Jon as a threat, since he has arguably, the stronger claim as Rhaegar's son.
neither of them know who he really is, though. also, what do you mean with the bolded?

Here's the thing, why is everyone assuming that Jon's parentage will be revealed to the world? Maybe it doesn't and once Littlefinger dies, only Varys and Bran probably knows and keeps it a secret as Ned did.

Tyrion spent over a month with Jon Snow on the way to and at Castle Black. He knows Jon is a good ally. And is likely to vouch for the Starks having married Sansa. She is his rightful wife. Her marriage wasn't consummated however as is custom.

Ned also had his family murdered by her crazy father so that goes both ways. And Ned was the one who was willing to resign his position as hand rather than kill Dany, Varys can attest to that. If anything Dany has a lot to prove in that she isnt a nut like her father

Yep. I forgot that. Ned had resigned as Hand over Robert's desire to kill the 2 Targaryans.

Speevy

Banned
Here's the thing, why is everyone assuming that Jon's parentage will be revealed to the world? Maybe it doesn't and once Littlefinger dies, only Varys and Bran probably knows and keeps it a secret as Ned did.

Tyrion spent over a month with Jon Snow on the way to and at Castle Black. He knows Jon is a good ally. And is likely to vouch for the Starks having married Sansa. She is his rightful wife. Her marriage wasn't consummated however as is custom.

If Jon's parentage isn't revealed to the world and he isn't a legitimized Targaryen, they shouldn't reveal that at all.

However, that being true would mean he is heir to the iron throne ahead of Daenerys.

Of course, no one from the nobles in King's Landing to the lowliest commoner respects

-The line of succession
-The law
-(Especially) The Targaryens

So it's not like they're going to have this great scene where someone grants Jon his name.

We're talking, everyone is dead so I am king I guess type stuff.

It might matter to some northerners that Jon isn't the son of Ned.

Speevy

Banned
Their sex will be so hot that it will melt the wall and the whitewalkers at once. And so it was baby Sam, the tale of bastard kings and dragon queens.

*closes book*

If Jon's parentage isn't revealed to the world and he isn't a legitimized Targaryen, they shouldn't reveal that at all.

However, that being true would mean he is heir to the iron throne ahead of Daenerys.

Of course, no one from the nobles in King's Landing to the lowliest commoner respects

-The line of succession
-The law
-(Especially) The Targaryens

So it's not like they're going to have this great scene where someone grants Jon his name.

We're talking, everyone is dead so I am king I guess type stuff.

It might matter to some northerners that Jon isn't the son of Ned.

In fact, him being a Ned's son is a better claim than being a Targaryen.

Here's the thing: Ned told Stannis and Renly that none of Cersei's children are Robert's. Guess what happens in war? You rally your men to your claim. What do you think the thousands of men under Renly and Stannis heard?

The word got out and it's obvious not many people at this point thinks of Ned as a traitor.

I'd just about purged olly from my memory. Damn what an awful addition to the show.

Alliser Thorne seemed to be having a good character arc going on. He seemed to slowly warm to Jon over time (evident in the Jonos beheading scene). I was enjoying it until it was all undone :(

I can see 2 reasons for Tower of Joy.

1. It proves Ned kept his honor even if everyone thought he didn't. Only Howland Reed knows. This is as big a part of the story as anything. Since the last words Ned spoke was a complete lie to save his daughters.

2. I can totally see it as a wink to the audience/readers who know Jon's parentage but not revealed to the 7 kingdoms.

devilhawk

I would think the Lannisters were/are far higher on the shit list. Jamie killing her father. Tywin betraying her father.

While Ned led his banners South only after his father and brother were burned alive.

Tormund probably killed half his extended family. He and the Thenn guy were competing for body count.
and that's another thing. I don't like how Jon handled Olly's concerns. Olly tells him that Tormund led the raid on his farm. All Jon says is, "I know what it's like to lose the ones you love." But no Jon, you don't know what it is like seeing your father die in an instant, then your mother, and probably everyone you've ever known, while being under the age of 10. You don't know what that's like because you know nothing.

Jon should've had Tormund come over to Olly, look him in the eye, and explicitly say he was sorry for taking his family away from him, as he was partially responsible for it.

Jon didn't do a good enough job sympathizing, being too fixated with the white walkers and I get why he was but he still needs to remember that Olly was just a kid, and needed more comfort than the average brother of the night's watch.

Dorne is nothing but a great shame. A waste of two talented actors. D&D had no idea what they had with Alexander Siddig.

I was really looking forward to Dorne. I saw it as Babylon, with hanging gardens and fierce warriors who defied the Targaryiens.

Instead we get Sex in the City of Sunspear.

Big disappointment.

Speevy

Banned
Personality wise? I'm not seeing it. Though I'm sure they'll magically have chemistry when they inevitably meet in the show.

I can picture their marriage.

Dany: "WHERE ARE MY CAR KEYS?!"

Jon: "Kids, if we don't find the car keys now, there isn't going to be any birthday party."

Cvie

Only if Rhaegar and Lyanna were also married which would might be even harder to prove? Targs don't mind a bit of polygamy so it wouldn't be an out there thing but we have even less of an idea what happened pre toj than after.

Gnome

Euron's going to get that dragon horn, right?

I hope so, and I hope it works. I want to see that smug "I have dragons" look that Dany is always wearing get wiped off her face. And I hope they bind Drogon, not one of the other two piddly shits that she doesn't actually care about.

Cvie

Barriston banged on about how good a bloke Ned was and Dany trusted him more than most, even Jorah said he was a straight shooter despite not liking him. I doubt she cares much at this point who did what when, it'll be about joining her or not that will matter or at least what should matter

Top Bottom