• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 7 - Sundays on HBO

Aikidoka

I've been looking at the map of Westeros for the first time lately, and I don't really see how it's possible for Jon to go to Dragonstone to ask for Dany's help if the White Walkers are so close to Eastwatch.

Real Hero

I've been looking at the map of Westeros for the first time lately, and I don't really see how it's possible for Jon to go to Dragonstone to ask for Dany's help if the White Walkers are so close to Eastwatch.

They honestly do just teleport in the show, have done since at least season 2

Gigglepoo

society can't just forget about it, not after all the whole, Joffrey is a bastard born of incest bullshit that began the war of the 5 kings

Were the common folk upset that Joffrey was born of incest or that he wasn't the king's blood? Or was he just an asshole? The common folk embraced Tommen, after all.

My guess is he sends Sansa.

The show has had enough head-scratching moments that I wouldn't bat an eye at Littlefinger either.

I assume someone sailing to Dragonstone from Winterfell would ride to White Harbor and sail from there.

Although assuming he does, I wouldn't be surprised if then from Dragonstone he sails north to Eastwatch by the Sea instead of return to Winterfell.

Faddy

Banned

Are you sure you are reading it correctly?

Jon should take boat from Winterfell down the river to White Harbor and then a ship to Dragonstone. Pretty much the exact same trip Catelyn navigated in a few minutes of season 1.

Aikidoka

I assume someone sailing to Dragonstone from Winterfell would ride to White Harbor and sail from there.

Although assuming he does, I wouldn't be surprised if then from Dragonstone he sails north to Eastwatch by the Sea instead of return to Winterfell.

Are you sure you are reading it correctly?

Jon should take boat from Winterfell down the river to White Harbor and then a ship to Dragonstone. Pretty much the exact same trip Catelyn navigated in a few minutes of season 1.

Looks like going to Dragonstone after White Harbor requires going out and around the fingers, and just using rough measurements, a one-way trip is between 1500-2000 miles long. While the White Walkers like 200 miles or less from Eastwatch. edit: I suppose it doesn't really matter

Faddy

Banned
Looks like going to Dragonstone after White Harbor requires going out and around the fingers, and just using rough measurements, a one-way trip is between 1500-2000 miles long. While the White Walkers like 200 miles or less from Eastwatch. edit: I suppose it doesn't really matter

Don't worry about distances on the map. Maesters Gall and Peters were more concerned with keeping Lords happy by drawing an equal area projection less anyone be slighted by their lands appearing unnecessarily small. Unfortunately it isn't very reliable for distances.

Read more about map projection on my blog

Brakke

Banned
Shit we don't even know that Planetos is a sphere. Try mapping whatever fucken toroidal double-helix Möbius strip it is to make those seasons happen.

Ithil

yeah, fuck the sandsnakes. elaria kills her late lover's brother, then has the other sandsnakes kill her cousin, then kill an innocent girl because she shares blood with her enemies. would oberyn have WANTED any of that to happen? i don't fucking think so. she's no better than that karstark who killed those lannister boys.

You know I feel real bad for the Dorne actresses. It's not their fault they were given terrible material but they ended up paying for it.

A huge show like this, getting cast on it is supposed to be a big deal for your career even in a supporting role. The young leads like Kit Harrington or Maisie Williams have had their careers made by the show, the older leads like Dinklage have had massive boosts. Even the supporting characters who are popular get a big boost, like Liam Cunningham or others, not just in profile/roles but things like the convention circuit that can be lucrative for years after the show ends.

Instead those poor actresses got cast in this huge show but instead of it being a great career boosting role they got saddled with the worst story of the whole series, with nonsense plotting, incomprehensible characters and stupid dialogue, and got hated by fans for it. They then got punished for the writer's shitty work in Season 5 by being almost entirely cut out of Season 6; I believe Dorne had a grand total of two scenes the whole season, and they're like to only have a couple at most this season too, and probably just to write them off.
What do they have to show for their time on one of TV's biggest shows? "Hi, you might remember me from having the worst line in all of Game of Thrones and also showing my boobs once"? Or "I was an Oscar nominated actress, now I stand around with a spear having awful fight scenes".

Of course, one of the Snakes actually did get cast in a lead role in an MCU show...which turned out to be Iron Fist, the one show they totally botched. They have no luck.

Aikidoka

Don't worry about distances on the map. Maesters Gall and Peters were more concerned with keeping Lords happy by drawing an equal area projection less anyone be slighted by their lands appearing unnecessarily small. Unfortunately it isn't very reliable for distances.

Read more about map projection on my blog

Shit we don't even know that Planetos is a sphere. Try mapping whatever fucken toroidal double-helix Möbius strip it is to make those seasons happen.
lol, this is a fun thought experiment to consider.

- Everyday Sale: We are conditioned to love Jon Snow in Game of Thrones (youtube)
The Game of Thrones universe explores branding, influence, and persuasion as each character vies for power.

Each noble house has a family motto which acts as their personal brand, communicating their authority across the land. In this episode, we explore the branding tactics among the houses as well as individual examples of persuasion.
- ClickHole: ‘Game Of Thrones’ Opening Reimagined As An Old Man Eating Soup (youtube)

Brakke

Banned
Plus now the show acknowledges the Sand Snakes suck with Queen of Thorns telling them to shut up last season and now Cersei's "brood of bitches". Poor girls getting dunked, can't catch a break.

You know I feel real bad for the Dorne actresses. It's not their fault they were given terrible material but they ended up paying for it.

A huge show like this, getting cast on it is supposed to be a big deal for your career even in a supporting role. The young leads like Kit Harrington or Maisie Williams have had their careers made by the show, the older leads like Dinklage have had massive boosts. Even the supporting characters who are popular get a big boost, like Liam Cunningham or others, not just in profile/roles but things like the convention circuit that can be lucrative for years after the show ends.

Instead those poor actresses got cast in this huge show but instead of it being a great career boosting role they got saddled with the worst story of the whole series, with nonsense plotting, incomprehensible characters and stupid dialogue, and got hated by fans for it. They then got punished for the writer's shitty work in Season 5 by being almost entirely cut out of Season 6; I believe Dorne had a grand total of two scenes the whole season, and they're like to only have a couple at most this season too, and probably just to write them off.
What do they have to show for their time on one of TV's biggest shows? "Hi, you might remember me from having the worst line in all of Game of Thrones and also showing my boobs once"? Or "I was an Oscar nominated actress, now I stand around with a spear having awful fight scenes".

Of course, one of the Snakes actually did get cast in a lead role in an MCU show...which turned out to be Iron Fist, the one show they totally botched. They have no luck.
If the Sandsnakes declare war on Lannisters by all means. The Lannister clan mostly is evil fuck. But, don't punish the innocent. Make Ellaria coerce prince Doran to make Myrcella their Theon; their safe guest who is going to be there for the Lannisters not to fuck with them. If it comes down to war, that's what the marriage between her and the prince's son comes in.

And yeah you're probably right that they're just gonna have the Sandsnakes back just to kill them off. Same that they did with Osha; brought her back just to kill her off and she's forgotten about. She deserved better.

Ithil

God damn that season 1 cast list and realizing the top 3-4 actors there are no longer on the show cuz their characters died.

It also reminds me that there's a music cue in the theme song that got thrown off like, three episodes into the show and has never been fixed since. In the first few episodes, there's a swelling of the music right after Winterfell is shown that hits as it shows the closeup of the sun with a rumbling sound effect

Of course it might have been 100% unintentional but it synced up well in the initial city "set list" for the intro regardless.

It also reminds me that there's a music cue in the theme song that got thrown off like, three episodes into the show and has never been fixed since. In the first few episodes, there's a swelling of the music right after Winterfell is shown that hits as it shows the closeup of the sun with a rumbling sound effect

Of course it might have been 100% unintentional but it synced up well in the initial city "set list" for the intro regardless.
could you show what you mean here?

Speevy

Banned
So the Frey's are dead and everyone seems to know... will anyone take the Twins?

the_twins.png

I thought the Lannisters gave him back his castle in exchange for the unconditional surrender of his troops.

The Freys no longer had any authority in the transaction.
At the end if season 6 Walder is talking to Jaime and says, Riverrun is back in our control and edmure is back in his cell. Or something like that.

Speevy

Banned
At the end if season 6 Walder is talking to Jaime and says, Riverrun is back in our control and edmure is back in his cell. Or something like that.

Well that's fucking terrible writing since The Freys weren't even conducting the surrender of the castle.

Jon's probably got to go south for the dragon glass so there can be some encounter where either the dragons refuse to attack him or breathe fire on him and he's fine, and Dany's like "But I thought only I could...wait..."

Top Bottom