• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Until Dawn - Launch Trailer | PS5 & PC Games

Bloobs

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Quentin Tarantino GIF by MIRAMAX

60 bucks?!

Still Supermassive's best game. Looking forward to replaying it.

They're just cashing in on the movie release.
If they wanted to cash in on the movie release, they would have released them much closer to each other.

But the movie JUST started filming in the past month. By the time it's released, this remake will retail for $20 lol

The first 3hrs leaked on Twitch.

I'm not really interested atm, but it does look quite a bit better than the original.

I like the new camera, and the graphical upgrade is more noticeable here than in the trailers lol but I wouldn't pay full price again for the game, I will get it when it's $20 though.

nikos

Had a lot of fun with this when it first released. Definitely worth playing if you haven't before. Unfortunately, I actually still remember events that occurred, which says something.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Of all the games that could have used a remaster path, why did they skip this one?

Played the first one with the Mrs as a great couch co-op game, showed this to her and said it's $60 and the decision was that we'd rather just replay the original again.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
They added nothing? Just better graphics? Not even a multiplayer mode like The Quarry? Wait for a deep sale it is then.
The omission of the "pass the controller multiplayer" that Supermassive has been doing lately is definitely a head scratcher. But then again, they aren't involved with this, so it's maybe not a huge surprise it's not included.

It looks like they did add some new collectibles, a slightly different narrative for the prologue, and different (supposedly more cinematic) camera angles. But overall, doesn't seem worth the price to me.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Mines shipped, been over ten years so looking forward to jumping back in.
While I agree the original still looks great even though it's only 1080p this does look good and I'm intrigued by the new 3rd person camera.
Supermassive never really captured what the original did with their titles after.
Hopefully Ballistic Moon is successful with this and we get a proper sequel.

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
Of all the games that could have used a remaster path, why did they skip this one?

Played the first one with the Mrs as a great couch co-op game, showed this to her and said it's $60 and the decision was that we'd rather just replay the original again.

Because it's not a remaster. It's a remake

Kerotan

Still Supermassive's best game. Looking forward to replaying it.

If they wanted to cash in on the movie release, they would have released them much closer to each other.

But the movie JUST started filming in the past month. By the time it's released, this remake will retail for $20 lol
Oh I thought the movie was out this Halloween. Next Halloween then 😂

powder

Neo Member
Gonna be that guy and say this doesn't look that great visually – the facial animations look pretty lousy! It's got that crash test dummy look in some of the body movements, too.

Top Bottom